Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-17-2007, 01:31 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Don't put words in my mouth, NO, they are legal copies. Even the price of Vista has dropped in my state.
Asking a question is not putting words in your mouth
Old 03-17-2007, 01:44 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Windows 2000 was much more stable, the interface felt much more sharper and responsive, I prefer the way things were set out and I found it much easier to set up and use.
The two are equally stable in my opinion.

Quote:
I don't recall there being any folder views that weren't in Windows 2000. There were even icon previews. The only thing that I liked about XP was the image preview window which was light and fast, but there's an equivalent program with Microsoft Office 2003 which solved that problem, too.
XP has that "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer", folder thumbnails (if I recall correctly) looked aweful on Windows 2000, when trying to AIM someone a picture, you couldnt get thumbnail view on 2000 last I remembered, and I just like the overall look of XP better than the old 2000.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth, NO, they are legal copies. Even the price of Vista has dropped in my state.
I only said that legal copies of Vista are not cheap. Any URL of a shop that sells it for cheap?
Old 03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
D4rKv310c1ty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Devil, mate - I know it's out of context but don't turn yourself into an Excalibur. We all know what happened to him. You're a good guy just turn down the mildly accusative posts a little.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I only said that legal copies of Vista are not cheap. Any URL of a shop that sells it for cheap?
http://www.iconnect.com.au/shop/Micr...FQF-TAodIHqKEg

They've taken 16% off of Ultimate already.. I got it for alot cheaper than this, and it is a real copy, registered to my name.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:03 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
http://www.iconnect.com.au/shop/Micr...FQF-TAodIHqKEg

They've taken 16% off of Ultimate already.. I got it for alot cheaper than this, and it is a real copy, registered to my name.
It's not cheap though?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Banned
I don't even know that website, it's the first one I found.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You could always rely on Vista users in the community if Cyberjouers really can't afford $159 home premium...

Old 03-18-2007, 10:11 PM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Home premium OEM (comparable to XP Home, which, keep in mind, is over 5 years old) - $120
XP Home OEM - $90
Home Basic OEM - $85

People often say Vista is very expensive, but they always use the Ultimate version to justify themselves.
Microsoft is overcharging Europe, though.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeToS2 View Post
Microsoft is overcharging Europe, though.
Nothing compared to Sony though PS3 for 600 euro which is around 800$ while it costs around 330 euro in Japan
Old 03-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
You could always rely on Vista users in the community if Cyberjouers really can't afford $159 home premium...
We have "Ultimate"
I was just arguing against Devil saying that "vista is cheap as hell" when in fact it isn't (from the price), and Vista is not really recommended for gamers right now (in my point of view). A lot of people have reported graphical problems, although they don't happen to me even with the basic default drivers for Nvidia cards.
Windows is not a system where you code a program and it will work everywhere, you basicly need to debug it everywhere.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Nothing compared to Sony though PS3 for 600 euro which is around 800$ while it costs around 330 euro in Japan
~$1050 here :[
Old 03-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Delteria Management
Riot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Vista is not really recommended for gamers right now (in my point of view). A lot of people have reported graphical problems, although they don't happen to me even with the basic default drivers for Nvidia cards.
I thought this initially but I haven't really had any issues with Vista for games aside from the tile issues and random crashes with Graal. The only problem I've had are with games that have GameGuard. GameGuard made it so Vista couldn't access its license information so it kept telling me my license was no longer valid with a reason of: Access denied.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We have it worse in Sweden...

6 490 SEK here, which converts to about...

700 euro
932 us dollars

This is the 60GB model.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 AM
Banned
AUD $999, to USD 793.584, $595.875 EUR

lol