Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 AM
De Phet
XdNemesisXd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post
I must agree, It been a bit more than 7 years now and I still didn't see any Graal advertising. That's probably why it's such a SMALL community.

Compare to any other game, they advertise like hell, it's like you got 50ads per websites

Graal dosn't advertise for its life. I never seen a Graal advertisment exapct where I found graal on play-free-online-games.com. The staff down't care about Graal, they just want the money, and they don't listen to us. I won't be supprised if then game ends in a few years. Whole Graal is great but it needs some fixing and they need to listen to its customers if they want some money. Rich kids arn't going to freaking keep buying when gameplay starts sucking more then it is. I agree with Yocas with alot of stuff but Ziro is right a little bit. When I first really started playing it was great, even when I first saw this game it was great, great couminty that is what keeps players. Graal needs to listen to us and they don't care.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
No point to advertising because Graal sucks. Classic was the pinnacle of graal, it had days worth of quests to do, great sparring and guild-related activities. Graal 2001 was fairly good but more flashy scripts and less content. Graal Kingdoms to me was a complete failure. There is not much contents, no real quests, unless you get invited to a kingdom you have no guild, there are no cities, raids, arenas, battlegrounds, world pvp is slim.
Biggest problem with graal servers is that they quit developing after release. They add extremely small updates every once in awhile. For anyone with enough skill to develop such a server, they know its a waste of their talent. Why spend so much money and time to pay Stefan and Unixmad?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Fincayran Loser
gemini2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gemini2 Send a message via MSN to gemini2
Jesus, you know there are seven pages of posts, most with very valid and informational points for or against certain aspects of Cyberjoueurs' marketing plans. You, or at least I, would think that Stefan or Unixmad would post once or twice to show they actually look at these topics and care about what their customers want. The sad thing is, I really and honestly doubt they listen to our responses. I know there is no way for me to know much at all about why they change the payment plans, the trial systems, gelats, or anything of the sort, but I do know that more than a few of my friends don't like it or want anything to do with it. That's mine, and a few of my friends' opinion on the matters at hand. :/
Oinkness: well use some lube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelu View Post
for me the hole is to big and its a way to thin :O
Old 01-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Hey, wait till they get desperate, when Graal is on the brink of bankruptcy then they will listen. I saw we all should stop paying them for the next sixth months and watch what happens
Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 AM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0

This right here about sums up the entire predicament, anyone agree?
Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I think most of you here fail to realize that you are but a minority of players in the Graal community. This isn't an opinion. It's a statistically and consistently proven fact. The online gaming minority are always the loudest. That does not mean they should be heard over everyone else.

As a developer, they have to do what they feel is best for the game. Did you make an online game that has pulled in tens of thousands of dollars? Have you marketed online games before? Have you even had a job in the game industry? (that was actually paid, not one you did for free)

If you answered no to all of these questions, then why exactly should anyone listen to you? The truth is that 99% of player feedback is useless. Most feedback is stuff that cannot easily be implemented, or it's already in development, or it's just a totally stupid idea.

I'm sure that in your mind you can say "this and this and this would totally fix Graal! I'm sure of it!" and then stand there triumphant in your victory. That doesn't make you right. That doesn't mean your ideas are going to "save Graal" as you put it.

Honestly I find it arrogant that you feel your opinions deserve to be not only heard, but acted upon. Your gold membership (which some of you may have paid for and some of you may not have, and is probably expired) does not give you some sort of power over the game. There have been games that listened to the players too much and now they are in ruins. It's not always the solution to the problem. In fact, it rarely is.

In my opinion I see these suggestions as more as wishful thinking. Not wishful thinking that Graal will become more popular and sell better, but wishful thinking that you can change an entire game and community based off some ideas you probably thought up while sitting on the toilet. I'm sure that would make you feel really good about yourself, knowing that you were listened to and that your ideas were put into action. Join the club. Nearly everyone playing the game would love for their ideas to be taken seriously, but it's just not a realistic aspiration.

I'm not even going to bother listing what I think would make Graal better, because it's not my place to do so. Even though at one point I thought it was. At one point I thought Graal should pay the developers... at one point I was full of ideas that I thought would make Graal better. But it wasn't my place to do so, and it still isn't. I may have paid for Graal, I may have worked for Graal. I may have been a member of the Graal community for over half a decade. But that doesn't give me any right to tell them how they should run their game.

Honestly if you don't like the game, there is a better way of showing it.

Leave.

Instead of sitting here complaining day after day, and stating how there are far better games out there. Just leave and go play them. I think Graal's biggest problem is that because it's also a developer community, it makes people think they have some sort of right to dictate how Graal is run as a product. It doesn't. I'm sure you've had fun playing the game. I'm sure you've also had fun developing for the game. If that is the case, then stop complaining and move on, or stay here and learn to have tolerance for what Stefan/Unixmad want for the game.

It's not your game to change, and you are not entitled to have your opinions heard. Regardless of whether or not you paid or your parents paid or 5 years ago you got someone to upgrade your account once, or even if you own 15 accounts that you paid for yourself. It doesn't give you any more entitlement.

edit: Also, anyone posting "epic fail" or "failboat" pictures or anything of that sort... I hope that one day you look back and see just how immature and arrogant you're being. At least Cyberjoueurs has made a community of gamers that has lasted... what... nearly 10 years or more? What have you done?

You have to at least try in order to fail. I wonder what the term is for someone who doesn't even try. I'm sure you're "epic" knowledge and wisdom can give us that answer.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:26 AM
splave
Sir Kwang is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Sir Kwang Send a message via AIM to Sir Kwang
Quote:
Originally Posted by XdNemesisXd View Post
Graal dosn't advertise for its life. I never seen a Graal advertisment exapct where I found graal on play-free-online-games.com. The staff down't care about Graal, they just want the money, and they don't listen to us. I won't be supprised if then game ends in a few years. Whole Graal is great but it needs some fixing and they need to listen to its customers if they want some money. Rich kids arn't going to freaking keep buying when gameplay starts sucking more then it is. I agree with Yocas with alot of stuff but Ziro is right a little bit. When I first really started playing it was great, even when I first saw this game it was great, great couminty that is what keeps players. Graal needs to listen to us and they don't care.
what you said doesn't quite make much sense. because if all they cared about was making money then they would be advertising like hell. I'm not in any position to defend stefan or unixmad, I just think it doesn't really make sense here to assume that all their decisions are just based around cash flow. The community is not growing, if anything it's slowly shrinking.. but more than anything it's staying somewhat steady. So their cash flow is not getting any higher. I'm willing to bet that with such minor activity that goes on around here that they probably don't hardly make any kind of money off of this. I'd be surprised if they even get enough money to live without having to get a second job
Old 01-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I completely agree with Konidias, and I have been from the beginning. Well said.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Everyone has the opportunity to change Graal using the developement packages, why arn't you if you're that bothered?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
If the servers are made well enough, you won't need a Computer Lockout at the end of the month; people will upgrade just because they want to keep their save data.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 01-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
In my opinion I see these suggestions as more as wishful thinking. Not wishful thinking that Graal will become more popular and sell better, but wishful thinking that you can change an entire game and community based off some ideas you probably thought up while sitting on the toilet. I'm sure that would make you feel really good about yourself, knowing that you were listened to and that your ideas were put into action. Join the club. Nearly everyone playing the game would love for their ideas to be taken seriously, but it's just not a realistic aspiration.
The topic of this thread is the trial system we have, and considering nearly every single person in this thread is not directly affected by this, I'd say the comments made towards the system were wishful that Graal can progress and sell better. Your reply was extremely dramatic and totally missing the point. While the developers of Graal are keeping this game alive in terms of content, they are very empowered to give comments towards choices that effect the servers they selflessly develop and run, day in day out. If you look at other games you will see that nearly every successful game welcomes feedback, monitors issues, and works through problems with their customers and Graal should be no different, though it's not as successful as it used to be is it?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:13 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
The topic of this thread is the trial system we have, and considering nearly every single person in this thread is not directly affected by this, I'd say the comments made towards the system were wishful that Graal can progress and sell better. Your reply was extremely dramatic and totally missing the point. While the developers of Graal are keeping this game alive in terms of content, they are very empowered to give comments towards choices that effect the servers they selflessly develop and run, day in day out. If you look at other games you will see that nearly every successful game welcomes feedback, monitors issues, and works through problems with their customers and Graal should be no different, though it's not as successful as it used to be is it?
Something that indirectly affects people still matters just as much as things that directly affect people. There's nothing holding anyone back from making an amazing playerworld and advertising it. Nobody needs permission to advertise Graal. Again, just because someone pays for a server and develops stuff it does not give them special rights to instruct the owners of the game on how it should be run.

If I look at other games I will see that some of them have feedback forms (where those forms actually get sent to is another question entirely) Some have forums where players can give feedback too, but does it mean anyone is being heard there either? Would you feel better if you sent feedback to Graal in an e-mail and got a "thank you for your feedback, we have read and considered your feedback" letter? That doesn't mean anyone actually cared.

Graal isn't as successful as it used to be? That all depends on what you personally consider success. The playercount may be down... I'm no statistical expert and I don't know what the playercount averages out to each year... however, Graal used to be totally free. Now Graal is making money. You can argue about how much money it's making... but it's still making money. So as far as a business is concerned. Graal is far more successful than it used to be.

I have to laugh at people who pull numbers out of the sky when trying to give their "feedback". I don't think "the majority of Graal players have left!" is very accurate considering it's based on personal opinions. Maybe your friends left, maybe a handful of the population is fed up with the game and has left, but I wouldn't consider it a majority.

Just remember that 1 single paying customer is greater than 2000 free customers. (In terms of profit, at least) Sure the game would look "successful" and seem to be doing well with thousands of active players... but that just means higher server costs to keep the lag down and no profit coming in. I don't consider that a success unless you're selfless and don't mind living in an alley and running your "business" from an internet cafe.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not agreeing with their method of running a business. But I'm not going to throw in my two cents on how I think it could be better, because like I've been saying, it's not my place.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
crap
A good developer listens to all criticism if she/he takes pride in their work and encourages it.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
I think a good developer listens to all criticism if she/he takes pride in their work and encourages it.
There. I fixed your post.

It's not a fact, you don't really need to post it as one. It's a lovely opinion, but when you actually get criticism for your own online game from its players, feel free to let me know if you still have that same opinion.

When you get "criticism" like "Your game sucks, this is how I think you should fix it..." or "you should make the game free, that would get more people playing it!" or any of the thousands of unreasonable and completely idiotic suggestions and demands that you'd receive for the game, then you can tell me that everyone's voice should be heard.

There's a huge difference between constructive criticism, and ramblings of amateurs. Just because someone offers criticism it doesn't mean it should be taken, either.

Quite frankly, I'd like to see you in Unixmad's shoes, reading criticism from a kid who has no experience in working in online gaming, hasn't even held a job, has never really developed anything.... and then have you actually take him seriously.

I like how you quoted my post as "crap" though. It shows you have a really good grasp on accepting people's opinions.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
Just remember that 1 single paying customer is greater than 2000 free customers. (In terms of profit, at least) Sure the game would look "successful" and seem to be doing well with thousands of active players... but that just means higher server costs to keep the lag down and no profit coming in.
It would look successful, and we'd be having more fun by virtue of it would be up to the old playercount. Consider the motivations; we mostly want this game to be fun. The halcyon days of Papa Unixmad paying the rent for us all are gone, but that doesn't mean we can't miss them. Regardless of whether it's our place or not.

Here's my thing - what happens if he opens ONE server (and as always I say Classic, but it's negotiable) to the Free Trials/Stops saving after 1 month system? It'll either do better or worse, and he can always switch it back if it does worse.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233