Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 03:41 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
Have you tried stopMusic();?
That's not really the issue.

Clientside:
stopmusic()
stopmidi() - same as stopmusic(), kept for compatibility
Old 04-16-2011, 03:55 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
That's not really the issue.

Clientside:
stopmusic()
stopmidi() - same as stopmusic(), kept for compatibility
Not quite sure of that, I remember reading somewhere to use stopmusic() with music streams.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:14 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not quite sure of that, I remember reading somewhere to use stopmusic() with music streams.
Well free to try out my code and you'll see the issue. The combination of a GUI action and stopmidi cause the freezing, and if you use the playlooped (with an invalid URL) function the client will refuse to close properly regardless.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:20 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Have you tried stopMusic();?
He's reporting a bug which causes the client to crash. Suggesting that he uses another method is not a solution.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:42 AM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
He's reporting a bug which causes the client to crash. Suggesting that he uses another method is not a solution.
wrong interpretation... I thought stopMusic() treated music a little different than stopMidi() therefore maybe making it not crash when you click the button.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The two functions do the same.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:09 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The new version 5.325 has been uploaded to http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_windows.zip :
- Shouldn't freeze on closing mp3/web streams anymore (and on closing the game)
- Improved the speed of GuiMLTextCtrl.reflow(), especially for syntax highlighting
- Fixed some problems where multi-line text in external windows was not correctly refreshed
- Doesn't deselect text if a text field loses the focus or you copy text from it
- Improved support for wba-styles: uses them for drawing GuiTextEditSliderCtrl, and reads the color of the start bar text (GuiTextCtrl.stylesection="Clock"); you can see a new gui style VPlusBlue in the options
- added Verdana bold to the login server
Old 04-17-2011, 03:20 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
- Shouldn't freeze on closing mp3/web streams anymore (and on closing the game)
It's still happening to me with the latest client. Nice update on the profile.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:31 AM
Graal Administration
Quote:
It's still happening to me with the latest client. Nice update on the profile.
The stream freeze or the closure freeze? I've tested with your scripts
Old 04-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Sort of off topic but as much as I'm liking the frequent updates recently, it would be nice to have an official thread where you edit the top post with new version updates.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:36 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The stream freeze or the closure freeze? I've tested with your scripts
Both. The stream freeze occurs when a GUI action and playlooped/stopmidi happens at the same time.

The stream only has to play once, and then the closure freeze occurs. Are there any debugging functions I could run to help narrow down the issue for you?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Sort of off topic but as much as I'm liking the frequent updates recently, it would be nice to have an official thread where you edit the top post with new version updates.
I second this Doctor Luda.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:44 AM
One More Time
now, how about fixing polygons in external windows?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:48 AM
team canada
Quote:
now, how about fixing polygons in external windows?
You're a scripter, at least provide working code to display the problem.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM
One More Time
Quote:
with a GuiShowImgCtrl, polygons wont show in an external window...
Quote:
You're a scripter, at least provide working code to display the problem.
It any kind of polygon in a GuiShowImgCtrl but here, works fine in graal, just not externally, nothing shows.

PHP Code:
new GuiShowImgCtrl"Foo")
{

position  = { 00};

extent    = { 2048512};      

dimension 2;

polygon   = { 001601616016};

mode      1;

alpha     0.65;

red       green 0.9;

blue      0;

Tags