Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 08:38 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
With dual screens up, Graal will not open on the secondary screen, it opens on the primary pushed all the way to the side aligned with the mouse axis. Not really a bug, but is somewhat annoying.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
(particle problem)
Fixed it by added a
PHP Code:
function onPlayerEnters() {

findimg(200).emitter.removeparticles();

to remove the particles on entering a level
Old 03-07-2011, 03:39 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version v5.321 has been uploaded to http://www.graalonline.com/downloads...al_windows.zip :
- fixed projectile bug (reported by cbk1994)
- fixed transparency for tile layer 0: 8-bit pngs/gifs are now drawn without transparency when being used in the base tile layer
- new option: drawallinsidenpcs = true/false (draws all npcs in inside levels, eventually needed if you use a lot of showimgs)
- improved stretch draw in drawing panels and external windows (uses interpolation)
- double-clicking words in GuiTextEditCtrls and GuiMLTextCtrls is selecting the word
- added replacements for virtual keyboards on Classic and Era for iPhone
- removed UDP support because it doesn't work for most people anymore and we want to streamline the client

On serverside we have also fixed npcs move()ing over level borders on gmaps, will be up with the next npcserver update.

Note: please test the new version and post your bug reports. Discussion of technical decisions better fit in other forums, e.g. future improvements or the scripting forums. We want to release the new version as soon as possible.

Last edited by Admins; 03-07-2011 at 04:12 AM..
Old 03-07-2011, 04:05 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
You can increase your TCP throughput limit which can make TCP quite a bit faster (~20-25% in my case).

I'm not sure how ethical it would be for Graal to automatically change TCPAckFrequency during installation though.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Is not being able to upload files such as player graphics in game with the V6 client a known issue?

Also is drawallinsidenpcs a server option, npc or level var?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Graal Administration
drawallinsidenpcs is a client-side global variable.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Is not being able to upload files such as player graphics in game with the V6 client a known issue?
You mean uploading files with the scripted RC? Is the file-upload window not showing or is the upload failing? Can anyone else check this on their computer?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Past iClassic GP
Zeke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You mean uploading files with the scripted RC? Is the file-upload window not showing or is the upload failing? Can anyone else check this on their computer?
I think Thor meant an in-game upload system like on Era and Classic. We upload player graphics via scripted rc all the time on iClassic..

Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I think Thor meant an in-game upload system like on Era and Classic. We upload player graphics via scripted rc all the time on iClassic..
And that is not working with the new version? What exactly is not working or giving an error?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
- double-clicking words in GuiTextEditCtrls and GuiMLTextCtrls is selecting the word
This is a good start, but it's windows standard that when you double-click a word it selects it (which you implemented), but then if you continue to hold down the left mouse button while moving your mouse over other words, it'll select them as well. Also, if you triple-click a word, it'll select the entire line until the next linebreak.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I mean "requesttext("folder", "PERSONAL");, selectFileForUpload();" which is used for players being able to upload graphics in game.
All that's happening is that once the file is selected the window is disappearing and that's the last of it, there is no onFilesUploaded().

I actually noticed this as long ago as V6 becoming a beta test, just thought there was some deliberate reason for it.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
I mean "requesttext("folder", "PERSONAL");, selectFileForUpload();" which is used for players being able to upload graphics in game.
All that's happening is that once the file is selected the window is disappearing and that's the last of it, there is no onFilesUploaded().

I actually noticed this as long ago as V6 becoming a beta test, just thought there was some deliberate reason for it.
Quote:
I've fixed the file upload, scripts now need to call uploadfile(filename) to actually upload the file (they might like to do other things with the filename) (setting FileSelector_Window.requestscript to make sure it's us who requested it):

PHP Code:
function onMenuItemUploadFile() {

FileSelector_Window.requestscript this.name;

selectFileForUpload();
}

function 
onSelectedFileForUpload(fullfilename) {
  if (
FileSelector_Window.requestscript==this.name)

uploadfile(fullfilename);

Old 03-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I was actually accomplishing this by a different method so must have skipped over that post.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Banned
Seems like the playerlist doesn't update players level as often as it should.

I was also walking around Classic's overworld, pretty normally without warping or anything unusual, there being no gmap update and suddenly it seemed as if all of the npcs within a particular level had been merged with other npcs, I entered an inside (would have been scripted setlevel2 rather than a warp link) and all of the npcs within that level didn't have onCreated called Clientside.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Past iClassic GP
Zeke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Seems like the playerlist doesn't update players level as often as it should.
I've noticed that too. I was helping a friend and told him to go to his house, and had my cursor over his name in the player list. I didn't even know he went to his house for five minutes until he pmed me and told me he was there, the player list never updated his level..

Tags
graal v6, windows