Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2005, 10:24 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
-started at 98-99 playing classic, I was 9-10 years old.
-joined my first guild called "Final Fantasy" that was official.
-kept playing classic
-joined NBK
-started playing on UN
-kept playing there for years
-started making levels
-got my first job at Babylon when LH was manager.
-started playing Maloria
-started playing Classic and UN.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I'm terrible with remembering things I do online... so let me try to piece together what little I can remember...

- I found Java Graal (I don't remember how) and thought it was pretty interesting and then discovered there was a downloadable version. So I downloaded and started playing. (this was back when you picked your head from the start menu or something)
- Played on classic as Konidias for a few months... Basically just did all the quests, went around PKing, sparred a bit... then I got bored and left
- fastfoward a bit and I came back. I played classic some more and started to grow bored again. then 2k1 made it's appearance
- I waited a few weeks and then finally caved in and upgraded my account and started playing 2k1
- soon after I joined the staff team (I really don't remember what my first job was, it might have been gfx or auctioneer or something)
- worked my way up the ranking quickly and was eventually doing a lot of the dev work with birdbird and a few others
- stefan moved on to 2k2 (GK) and handed 2k1 over to Birdbird and myself to co-manage
- the co-management didn't last long because I didn't feel bird was suited for the job and I couldn't really work with him
- I left and I think shortly after birdbird gave 2k1 to kamuii
- I was offered to work on 2k2 when it was in development. I suggested some stuff and got some ideas shot down and whatnot...
- I started playing 2k2 and won the first ever event and got the war axe or whatever it was. I was promised it was going to be a one of a kind item, never to be given to anyone else. (hahaha)
- I became one of the strongest (if not strongest) players on 2k1 at the time. I had all the best gear available and whatnot
- I started my own playerworld (Oasis) I think I started this after I left 2k1, so it was during the period that I started playing GK
- got interested in developing stuff for GK and I heard that Unix was hiring people to help with GK
- I got hired as a cyberjouers employee and I was supposed to be game master of GK but I rarely was able to do that job
- played the role of a yes man for unixmad for a while... doing websites and documents and handling the forums and support center and everything when I was supposed to be holding events and developing for GK
- unixmad was disappointed in the fact that I wasn't doing all sorts of GK gamemastering on top of all the work he was handing me on the side. I refused to work on CHRISTMAS DAY and he got pissed
- unix wanted to change my salary or something rather and I was tired of arguing with him so I quit
- picked up working on Oasis again and went through nearly every well-known scripter on Graal. ran into a roadblock and nobody could/would help me, so I could no longer proceed with my server
- faded out of the Graal scene for a long while
- came back and now I post now and then and am trying to possibly rebuild 2k1 into a revised server (if stefan ever decides to reply to my pm, which he's apparently ignoring now)

I'm sure I left a lot out but that's all I can think of at the moment.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I'm terrible with remembering things I do online... so let me try to piece together what little I can remember...

- I found Java Graal (I don't remember how) and thought it was pretty interesting and then discovered there was a downloadable version. So I downloaded and started playing. (this was back when you picked your head from the start menu or something)
- Played on classic as Konidias for a few months... Basically just did all the quests, went around PKing, sparred a bit... then I got bored and left
- fastfoward a bit and I came back. I played classic some more and started to grow bored again. then 2k1 made it's appearance
- I waited a few weeks and then finally caved in and upgraded my account and started playing 2k1
- soon after I joined the staff team (I really don't remember what my first job was, it might have been gfx or auctioneer or something)
- worked my way up the ranking quickly and was eventually doing a lot of the dev work with birdbird and a few others
- stefan moved on to 2k2 (GK) and handed 2k1 over to Birdbird and myself to co-manage
- the co-management didn't last long because I didn't feel bird was suited for the job and I couldn't really work with him
- I left and I think shortly after birdbird gave 2k1 to kamuii
- I was offered to work on 2k2 when it was in development. I suggested some stuff and got some ideas shot down and whatnot...
- I started playing 2k2 and won the first ever event and got the war axe or whatever it was. I was promised it was going to be a one of a kind item, never to be given to anyone else. (hahaha)
- I became one of the strongest (if not strongest) players on 2k1 at the time. I had all the best gear available and whatnot
- I started my own playerworld (Oasis) I think I started this after I left 2k1, so it was during the period that I started playing GK
- got interested in developing stuff for GK and I heard that Unix was hiring people to help with GK
- I got hired as a cyberjouers employee and I was supposed to be game master of GK but I rarely was able to do that job
- played the role of a yes man for unixmad for a while... doing websites and documents and handling the forums and support center and everything when I was supposed to be holding events and developing for GK
- unixmad was disappointed in the fact that I wasn't doing all sorts of GK gamemastering on top of all the work he was handing me on the side. I refused to work on CHRISTMAS DAY and he got pissed
- unix wanted to change my salary or something rather and I was tired of arguing with him so I quit
- picked up working on Oasis again and went through nearly every well-known scripter on Graal. ran into a roadblock and nobody could/would help me, so I could no longer proceed with my server
- faded out of the Graal scene for a long while
- came back and now I post now and then and am trying to possibly rebuild 2k1 into a revised server (if stefan ever decides to reply to my pm, which he's apparently ignoring now)

I'm sure I left a lot out but that's all I can think of at the moment.
How dare you not work on Christmas day!

All I remember is that Galen made my account manually around graal 1.2 and that it was a fun new experience. Then years passed and Star Wars Galaxies was released. Happy belated birthday Stefan.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Well...

I started playing 1.0 back in 98 or 99 or something. I quit when 1.2 came out, but started playing again when Graal 2001 came out. I sucked up to Stefan and became Graal Help (my first job ), where I then worked my way up to FAQ Chief. I somehow got the Events Admin job (I don't remember who I sucked up to to get that job though) and then became Police Chief. Finally I became "ART Asst Admin". I don't remember what ART stood for but it had something to do with resetting accounts (extremely complicated task). I then went over to Graal Classic (I don't know if it's still called that these days...) where I worked as a GP. I eventually got the job as GP Chief even though I had barely been a GP. Soon Nemesis or someone I don't remember hired me as Accounts Admin. I don't remember how long I worked as Accounts Admin, but it was pretty near 2 years. I couldn't pay for my phone bill after my junior year of college, and so I had no internet. Eventually I just faded away...until today...
Old 05-26-2005, 04:57 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzey
Well...[]
LYNDZEY. Welcome back! crazy things have happened
Old 05-26-2005, 05:21 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Well...

I started playing 1.0 back in 98 or 99 or something. I quit when 1.2 came out, but started playing again when Graal 2001 came out. I sucked up to Stefan and became Graal Help (my first job ), where I then worked my way up to FAQ Chief. I somehow got the Events Admin job (I don't remember who I sucked up to to get that job though) and then became Police Chief. Finally I became "ART Asst Admin". I don't remember what ART stood for but it had something to do with resetting accounts (extremely complicated task). I then went over to Graal Classic (I don't know if it's still called that these days...) where I worked as a GP. I eventually got the job as GP Chief even though I had barely been a GP. Soon Nemesis or someone I don't remember hired me as Accounts Admin. I don't remember how long I worked as Accounts Admin, but it was pretty near 2 years. I couldn't pay for my phone bill after my junior year of college, and so I had no internet. Eventually I just faded away...until today...
Account Reset Team
Welcome back, we've missed you.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:54 AM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
omg lyndzey <3
Old 05-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Pixel Monkey
Goboom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Goboom Send a message via AIM to Goboom Send a message via MSN to Goboom Send a message via Yahoo to Goboom
Worked for quite a few servers never got any real recognition for any of my work.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Space Monkeys, everywhere
DeathChill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I was offered to work on 2k2 when it was in development. I suggested some stuff and got some ideas shot down and whatnot...
Not to rain on your parade but that's not what happened. When 2k2 was started you sat there and said that no one would play because the terrain/3D landscape was stupid. I remember because I was one of the original staff =P

My story:

Started a long time ago, played, got Raven Chill to play. I applied to New World, got shot down, applied again and had most people wanting me in but Kyle0564 didn't because my levels didn't show detail (detail which is impossible to show in screenshots He said "Oh but look at how this level has every book having a title a short story!" How the hell do I show that in a screenshot).

I showed Birdbird my levels asking what I could do to improve and he hired me on the spot for 2k1. I did nothing as I was unfamiliar with a system where people did not give you work/projects.

I moved over to 2k2 when it started and worked on development with Birdbird, Er1c, Pir, Godspeed and some other people.

I ended up becoming an ART on Classic and then a GP the next day. I then moved up to Senior GP Captain or something or other before becoming Account Manager. I then became Accounts Admin a few weeks later. I had people (KAWAIISARA) begging for a job, but I didn't hire anyone and then I eventually got so freaking bored I quit.

IF anyone EVER tells you that being an Account Administrator is hard they are lying through their teeth. It's extremely easy, Lyndzey and I were actually discussing how easy it was last time we talked.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
I started playing graal for a short time in 2000 or so. Maybe 1999...its been a long time so I don't recall which it was. This was when the GSCCC forum invaded graal and a majority of them got banned. Most for raping trees. I left after a few months since I didn't play too often.

I started playing again in April 2001. I played on classic for a few months, and became really good friends with then FAQ SnakeEyes.

I read the forums and watched the graal drama unfold and everything, and eventually wanting to become part of these forums, I upgraded in June 2001 and started posting.

Now as most old school people will remember all I did though was post on the forums. I *never* played the game at all. As time went on the forums started to slink into worse and worse decline due to neglect from unixmad and stefan (at this time kids the forums were not even remotely actively run and no super-mods had existed for a while, and many mods were AWOL.)

One night while playing classic though..I'd say in late september, galen came online. Knowing the past with galen and his level of importance back in old days (and the fact he was an administrator on the forums) I PMed him and talked to him about the state of the forums, and what I wanted to see happen and such, and basically asked him to put in a request to make me administrator of the forums, as no one else was attempting to do anything with the forums, as they were pretty dead as well.

He couldn't do that but he did make me supermod of the forums, and I started to run the forums through him (I'd tell him what I needed done if I couldn't do it, and he'd do it from the AdminCP).

I set up new forum rules and began to rebuild the forums. Eventually becoming reconized as the administrator of the forums I built them back up to a thriving place and put in place the supermod Vermain and Aftershock.

In november a few months later I was playing Graal 2001 to kill some time and Birdbird_0, the Police Chief at the time pmed me and asked me to submit an application for police. After a bit of convincing by him I did, (I never had considered an ingame staff postion as the forums were really all I cared about...and I only had like 40 hours or something). I was hired as a trial officer the next day and began my ingame staff career. The next day I was made a full officer. On the 2nd day of being a full police pofficer birdbird once again pmed me, but this asking if I would like the job of police chief as he was retiring from it. Unknown to me at this time Loriel, then GM had wanted me to become the new police chief (even though I hadnt tlaked to him once). I accepted the job and became police chief on 2001.

I stayed police chief for about 5 months. During that time the global postion make-up had changed. The old AA had been removed and Ageloas was made the new accounts admin which opened up a place for an accounts manager.

Ageloas wanted me to fill the postion but did not want to take me from Graal 2001...so birdbird, the manager of 2001 at the time removed me from the Police Chief postion and I was made accounts manager.

During all the time as staff on Graal and administrator of the forums graal itself had gone into a step decline and I had lots of plans and ideas for Graal and I knew how things needed to be fixed. For a long time the postion of game master had been empty and so no leadership was there since unixmad and stefan didnt take an active part of the game.

I got to be good friends with unixmad during my time as accounts manager (it was unixmad who gave me my RC as well.)

After being in the accounts manager postion for a few weeks I had a long talk with unixmad one night after talking to Nemesis the PWA at the time.

By the end of the conversation I became game master, with nemesis as asst. GM.

I stayed game master and forum adminstrator for over half a year or so, until due to a long, long argument with unixmad I was ousted from my postions and I left the game.

(by the way lyndzey it was me who made you accounts admin.)

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkarenHyralt
(by the way lyndzey it was me who made you accounts admin.)
Yea, I remember talking to you in the AIM chat that night. I just couldn't remember your name since I had taken a year off from Graal.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
Quote:
Well...

really really really weird..whenever you were an admin you hired me on your team

FAQ, Events Team, ART, and Police you all hired me for.

I GUESS WE ARE JUST SOULMATEZ.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 06-20-2005, 07:24 PM
I am the trap
Shiftk03- will become famous soon enough
It all started one drunken night in a hotel room with Lyndzey. Things began to get hot and heavy so I suggested we play a game on the computer. She showed me Graal and we all lived happily ever after. Somewhere inbetween all the romance and action, we made PPA on Era with Ghost Pirate and shockedfrog.

Some say that on quiet nights, you can still hear Lyndzey shouting "RABID FOR LYFE, SON".

Last edited by Shiftk03-; 06-20-2005 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Added on to my lie
Old 06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Teh Oasa Story.. A long long time ago, in a playerworld far far away, lived a man named Joe Black..

Joe Black. I started Graal in 99' with one of my best friends in real life. We had begun the Baby Burger family in 99' on good graal. I played there, untill the dawn of Bravo Online, my belovid Bravo as a new name, as "Hoieo," my home for approximatelly 1 and a half years, then my PC broke. When I had returned, Bravo had died, then I had moved to UN..

From 2001-2002, it was all UN for me, I gained over 500 hours, then the ghost.. Then came the big day, pay to save. I had not payed.

2002-2004- I was gaven an account, and used it on Babylon, where I obtained my first developmental job as LAT. I then moved on to lesser things such as ET, because of times in life.. When Babylon went private, I had bought my own account, from a dear friend named Zippy, he payed for 1 year gold, and I had moved to Graal Kingdoms..

Early 2004 - Present: Graal Kingdoms is now my home, though it is slowly disapearing from lack of players, I am still active, and have just reached me 1000hours online mark.

That is my Graalian history..
Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftk03-
It all started one drunken night in a hotel room with Lyndzey. Things began to get hot and heavy so I suggested we play a game on the computer. She showed me Graal and we all lived happily ever after. Somewhere inbetween all the romance and action, we made PPA on Era with Ghost Pirate and shockedfrog.

Some say that on quiet nights, you can still hear Lyndzey shouting "RABID FOR LYFE, SON".
<3

We need to bring PPA back once Era goes back up.