Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Information > Gods
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon
Ugh, people act like sus is such a big bonus or advantage...
It is, though. Food fuels health / mana / grace regen. Run out of food during combat, and you run outta juice to regen with. That's a real problem for casters and melee players alike. Maybe even more so for casters, since they need more food at all times to stay functional.
Quote:
brigid having high holy word resist
Brigid does not have resist Holy Word at all. What makes Bile users weak to it is the fact that their resist to it is -100. No other god gives that penalty. It's like when people with RoWs complain about how 'magic' type spells such as magic bullet and manabolt completely demolish them. Take a look at the -60 resist magic they're getting from the RoWs and it's not hard to figure out why.
Quote:
And cause many wounds takes what? 80-120grace and is basically a storm type spell which is EASILY avoidable and you'll rarely see someone cast more than 3 in succession, it's not a big bonus, can't even be used to level wisdom effectively.
People should be using standard wounding spells instead since they follow players. It's just like how manabolt costs so much. It's much easier to just use manaball, but if you really want to spend the SP, you can cover more area with manabolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saetarshadowflare
i would say that brigid has the most advantages because that is the only god that completely works as far as i know.
Brigid doesn't work completely. Daylight doesn't work. Insect Swarm doesn't work. Spiderweb was nerfed from how potent it used to be. Ironwood Skin doesn't grant any kind of AC bonus. Just armor, and we all know how useful that is.

Brigid is far from overpowered. The focus for Brigid is on defense, not offense. The only thing I use Brigid for is the relics and Sanctuary. All of my offense comes from basic spells anyone in the game can get. (Firebolt, Frostbolt, Large Lightning, etc.)
Quote:
The loss of melee has never been a complaint from anyone
Ahahahaha! Hahahahahaha! *wipes a tear from his eye*

Seriously, you've got to be kidding me here. That's the #1 thing people hate about Brigid. If you don't have level 110 (Which grants the ability to full-enchant your own armor, even god armor.) you're essentially just a walking moneybag to anyone else.
Quote:
the loss of cause wounds has never been complained about
It's something I highly dislike, but I've learned to deal with it.
Quote:
the spells you do get are all pretty useful
Only two of them are useful.
Quote:
and considering how much damage holy word does to bile priests, there is a horrible disadvantage to everyone that isnt Leuc.
There's this thing called 'resist holy word.' I don't know if you've heard of it. It happens to be on various pieces of armor no one seems to pay attention to, even though they could save themselves some trouble by quickly equipping them when someone thinks they'll be cute and start spamming it.

Last edited by Draenin; 07-24-2009 at 06:28 PM..
Old 07-24-2009, 07:32 PM
saetarshadowflare is on a distinguished road
You know the consequences of switching to brigid, and i never hear a word about "we should be able to use weps." You don't play now so why are you QQ'ing? I never said brigid was overpowered, you should read more and make false claims less. You get far better spells than the rest of the gods, insect swarm does work. AC isn't the least bit useful, armor does make a difference if you fight outside the arena. If you are going to play a defensive god, don't try and act like its nerfed if you obviously understand you place.

Bile has very little going for him, and i would like to see that changed. If you don't agree good for you, no one cares what an ex player thinks.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
You know the consequences of switching to brigid, and i never hear a word about "we should be able to use weps."
Try reading the stickied thread for it next time.
Quote:
You don't play now so why are you QQ'ing?
I do, actually. Just not as frequently right now. And there's no Q-ing from me. I'm simply telling you how it is. Neither god is really overpowered or underpowered right now, because the things each god grants presently are very powerful indeed, no matter which side you're looking at.
Quote:
insect swarm does work
It doesn't cause damage. It makes the health meter pop up on people, but doesn't actually harm them.
Quote:
AC isn't the least bit useful
Yes it is. When fully equipped, I've been known to run around with at least -80 AC, and I can safely tell you it blocks out most hits. AC is only useless if your AC is low enough to be overcome by the weakest of WC ratings. WC determines how likely you are to hit someone, not the amount of damage you do to them. AC determines how likely other people are to miss you, not how much armor you have. And since armor can't go above 99, everyone on the server has the same armor rating. So then damage is partially determined by how strong your resists are to various elements.

Last edited by Draenin; 07-24-2009 at 07:57 PM..
Old 07-24-2009, 08:03 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by saetarshadowflare View Post
You don't play now so why are you QQ'ing?
You're rarely on though
Old 07-24-2009, 08:21 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
there is a horrible disadvantage to everyone that isnt Leuc.
Leuc isn't all that great either. Sure, you get a nice chest piece, but that's about it. Forked takes too long to cast. Electric Resistance isn't all that great now with Gale out.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm hardly on because life > graal, but when i do play, i would like to get some enjoyment out of it.

The leuc comment was directed at leuc NOT having holy word, since for some reason bjorn thought it necessary to deny him holy spells, but not balor (wtf?)

AC is useless against people that matter, make more sense now? Because everyone who is anyone on the server can break 80 ac no problem. -83 wc for me, and eventually everyone will get to that point. regardless, i understand your complaint, but it really isn't going to make much difference, if you couldn't already tell, there is just far too many other things that are taking priority over the gods, so while we would all enjoy some changes to make things a bit more diverse and add a nice twist to the game, it just won't happen for quite some time. Hopefully most of us will still be around when those changes are made.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
The leuc comment was directed at leuc NOT having holy word, since for some reason bjorn thought it necessary to deny him holy spells, but not balor (wtf?)
Leuc is kind of cool because if you use curse, you can deny people from using holy and protection spells also. ;}
Old 07-24-2009, 09:34 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I'm hardly on because life > graal, but when i do play, i would like to get some enjoyment out of it.
I could care less about your god-related points, but this is some bull****. You're going to call Draenin out for not playing, but "oh well I don't play because I have life"?

Last edited by kia345; 07-24-2009 at 09:52 PM..
Old 07-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
WAH WAH WAH

Bile has nothing going for it? Oh, okay. How about the best blessing in the game for clearing maps and farming? How about the holy possessed poison resist? How about the lack of need to eat every few minutes? Your god is in good shape. Leuc has a good armor that really isn't that good if you look at it the right way. Platemail of Power gives +1 STR and DEX is on more items than I dare to count. Platemail of Power also doesn't have a speedcap, whereas Leucetious' mithril caps you at around 5.0 if I'm not mistaken. And as for your weakness to Brigid, either move out of the way or realize that Brigid isn't exactly the most popular god on the server.

Also, if you're barely on GK, why are you here?

EDIT: Just realized you're not Bile (or are you). Either way you're speaking for Bile followers, which raises even more questions.

Last edited by BigBear3; 07-24-2009 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: SEE ABOVE
Old 07-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Also to everyone that's bile, there's a way to completely nullify holy word. Although I suspect you guys are just looking for something to cry about and are to ignorant to use it. And the only thing that makes brigid good is the relics since sanctuary doesn't block everything. It's just like counterwall but 10 times worse.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 PM
Why not speak out for a god that lacks in spells, sure he gets no relic but that's not really the issue

holy P poison resist is nice, but it doesn't stop poison, as far as i can tell it doesn't seem to do too much other than give you a chance to not be as affected by the poison.

Anyone can use the blessing, that statement is invalid because it isn't solely stuck to him

The point i'm trying to make is that bile seems to have less than the rest of the gods as far as useful spells goes, and its troubling to see that.

Balor is my next target, as far as my complaints on gods go. I have never, and will never be Anegus or Dian, so someone else is going to have to deal with those.

The main thing i want, is for gods to actually make a difference in the game, and not a small one. Most people are either gov bile or leuc atm, even ogma lacks blessers now a days. I like diversity, and diversity that can change the entire style of a fight between two players, priests or not would make the game much more fun than it already is.

So while you sit there and try to make an ass of yourself, note that i am not complaining about just one god. I just haven't taken the time to look into other gods or talk to the people who actually use them.

Oh and pat if you quit why are you still here?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:39 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Then make another topic about all the gods, this is about bile so you can see how everyone might be confused of why your crying.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Meh perhaps you are right, not crying, pointing out noticeable flaws that should be fixed or at least explained.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:04 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Poison resistance? Do you know what that does? It's how much poison effects you; how much str, dex, con it takes off. Not sure about damage, but I am sure about what I just said.

As for usefull spell, a few disease, wounds, I think that's good enough to be honest.

"Insect swarm" is that what it's called? The one with the bees or something? That's like the only attack spell that Brigid gets and it fails hardcore and doesn't really work. The only real brigid spell I ever used was santcuary if I was fighting some sort of mage.

Bile's weakness to Holy Word isn't really that bad. I mean if you're smart, you'll notice the gani that the person is gonna cast something Holy and you'll run away or try to get a hit in to stop them.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:11 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Oh god leme throw someone a lifeline...

No one is disputing bile is in good shape compared to other gods, that's a fact. Infact, Bile appears to be very much better off and it'd do more good to argue about other gods and what they need. But this is Bile's thread, so we're not going to do that here.

I'm pretty tired of sus comming up as a big bonus of bile. Erm, when i was Gov (waaaaay back when i started off) i just spent an hour making food, which lasted about a week, not to mention there's a Tavern and while hunting, monsters drop parts which are great as food on the go once you use woodsman skill. I never had a problem with food, but i guess it becomes a hot topic when 70percent of the average players online time is spent idling...

Bile is supposed to be the affliction/necromancer type god, so it's main bonuses would be it's mastery of death (poison, disease, cold, fear all of that horrible stuff), so when people say 'omy god look at the poison resist' erm ya... basic bonus. The reason why it appears to be oh so godly is how terrible overpowered poison is. If things were balanced and poison be nerfed to reasonable levels, you'll see that poison resist isn't really all that.

And as for our diseases (which should be our main attraction, being the affliction masters that we are...), i won't even bother saying they're balanced and fair in strength, they're the most overpowered (along with rabies, ogma, don't think you're not involved) element of the game thus far. I remember Klay annoying me, so i just red death'd him, and he could barely move, once in water, he was totally imobile. So obviously they need to be nerfed, alot, so that they aren't so potent alone, but coupled, both deaths can be a menace to spell casters, and really affect melee users (no regen, damage over time for each death and slight speed reducts based on wis level). But obviously, immunities need to be done with, they weren't intended to affect all diseases like this, i spoke with Stefan about it. Nightfall also needs to be tweaked, it was ridiculously strong, as i said before, needs to just cause indefinate blinding and temporary limited view like that of labrynth

Man i'm getting tired with all the problems with Bile.
Okay death prayers/spells. Face and Finger of death, for Bile users who aren't melee based is essential. Bile isn't a melee god, infact it's probably best suited to a priest type, but obvious complications don't allow for it to be used this way. These need to be fixed aswell.

You're all probably thinking, oh my god bile would be too damn strong. Err yea, if compared to gods at the moment. I'm speaking for Bile only because, i'm a Bile follower. The truth is though, all gods need to be revamped, tweaked ect, Brigid is the only one i'd say is fine except that i invisioned Brigid to be the support god, it seems atm that it's just alot of failed attempts at making Brigid a passive caster with half-baked combat capabilites. Sanctuary should be a support spell, should be able to cast it on an ally, i'd also like to see Restoration as a Brigid only prayer, that'd spice things up. But this is biles thread so leme wrap this up.

And for those Bile users who are haunted by Holy word. try cursing, and i don't mean the verbal kind.

Strangely i feel like i'm repeating myself....