Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-22-2004, 07:14 AM
GTXOO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTXOO
What the heck are you people saying, Konidias isn't the type of guy to LOOK for fights on these forums.

Like I stated a few pages ago, The beef is not over.

Tyrial, jesus, just make a new tree top, new house and noone will think your server is a utter rip off of Oasis.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:33 AM
Blue_Dragn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by GTXOO
Tyrial, jesus, just make a new tree top, new house and noone will think your server is a utter rip off of Oasis.
Why should he be forced to recreate what he made? I dont want to start any kind of wars here but having two things that look similar does not make his server an utter ripoff of Oasis. In order to achieve that he must also capture npcs Koni has made, as well as replicas of many other things.

I wasnt looking forward to either server* sorry guys, this dosent mean i wont get in on a little bit of the action, but either way best of luck to both of you.

*Note: I do not really play graal anymore anyways, thus i have no reason to look forward to any server coming out
Old 01-22-2004, 09:46 AM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher

This is in a big font so everyone will understand, because some people did not understand last time.

ANNOUNCMENT:

I WILL REMOVE THE HOUSE OUTSIDE, I WILL REMOVE THE BORDERS INSIDE THE HOUSE ON THE WALL TOPS, I WILL CHANGE THE CHAIRS AND TABLES, AND I WILL NOT REMOVE THE TREE. THE TREE IS NOT STOLEN, COPIED, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

trashoul: You sicken me.

Adiarde Manager
Old 01-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Unregistered User
thrashsoul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thrashsoul
I didn't really care about posting graal x in here, but you guys tried to involve it. So lalal la .... (end of discussion)
Old 01-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Level Maker
Genesis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by thrashsoul
I didn't really care about posting graal x in here, but you guys tried to involve it. So lalal la .... (end of discussion)
k stop talking.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thrashsoul
Im certain youve just humiliated yourself more then anyone else probably could.

Something else i would like to address really quickly

Quote:
posted by TonyRivers
Good luck getting him to change it because there is much worse cases of this going on. Graal x is a prime example: they are basicly a deformed CLONE of era yet the Global Graphics Team does nothing about these issues.
First, it should not be the GGTs position to interfere with under construction playerworlds who have no plan of going public anytime soon. When its their time for the review, then they should get involved to make sure everything is cool and there is nothing stolen or copywritten.

Also, why should the GGT get involed for a servers tileset looking like another* the last time i checked, using a similar style tileset is not an offence**. Thats about all***

*Note: A "Deformed" Looking clone is not a punishable offence, if they ripped the tileset directly, then yes it would be.
**Note: If it is an offence in some twisted mind of someone sitting somewhere, you might want to get after bravo too, they appear to be using a more modern tilesett
***Note: I am in no way trying to take up for Graal X
Old 01-24-2004, 10:30 AM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
I dont even see how "Graal X" is going to pass the MANAGER test with that atitude, or even if the server could be public for 1 week?
Old 01-24-2004, 10:41 AM
galase galase!
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
Update:
I made a new start level, you might not start on it because you aren't restarted..
I'm not home yet but i will make a NPC that resets everyone.

You can visit it with unstick me tho.

Adiarde Manager
Old 01-24-2004, 08:23 PM
TonyRivers is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
First, it should not be the GGTs position to interfere with under construction playerworlds who have no plan of going public anytime soon. When its their time for the review, then they should get involved to make sure everything is cool and there is nothing stolen or copywritten. ...blah blah blah yadda yadday yadda so on and so fourth....
Ok I could under stand if they were just making a modern server but the disgusting fact of the matter is they basicly took the era tileset and tweaked them a tiny bit which in my opinion is just plain wrong.

What if I took the monolisa and painted a mustache on her and big hairy eye brows with an arrow going through her head then published it as an original work of art? Graal x has done this and it is an insult to the 3 different projects contributed (being it willingly or not) to the era tileset.

On another note: bravo looks nothing like era. Glub has worked wonders with bravo and made it look like a classic modern server. on the other hand graal x started straight from the era tileset. And I would not be surprised in the least if they had stolen scripts as well.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:45 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue_Dragn

First, it should not be the GGTs position to interfere with under construction playerworlds who have no plan of going public anytime soon. When its their time for the review, then they should get involved to make sure everything is cool and there is nothing stolen or copywritten.

Also, why should the GGT get involed for a servers tileset looking like another* the last time i checked, using a similar style tileset is not an offence**. Thats about all***

Anything that is uploaded to the Graal servers is subject to scrutiny of the Graal Globals, whether it is PWA, GGT or GST. The PWA is responsible for all Classic servers regardless of their status of public or not. At times we may ask a Member of the other Global Teams to look at something related to their field of expertise or they may do it on their own, which is part of their job to see that things are as they should be. If you don't want to be scrutinized by Globals even under construction then making a PW may not be right for you. We as Globals have the right and the responsibility to make sure everything on Graal remains legal and not stolen either outside Graal or within Graal.

In answer to the second part, why should they? Because being similar isn't a problem but taking a tileset and editing it to look somewhat different is an offense. That is theft, and I'm sure you can understand that.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-24-2004, 10:39 PM
galase galase!
Guys, guys!
This ain't about the GGT or thrashoul..

Adiarde has left the thread?

:[

Adiarde > You.

Get back to talk about adiarde ;O

Adiarde Manager
Old 01-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Banned
R0bin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to R0bin
Is there gonna be a story line? is it going to be RP? is it going to be a pk server, or is it going to be fun, what?
Old 01-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TonyRivers

Ok I could under stand if they were just making a modern server but the disgusting fact of the matter is they basicly took the era tileset and tweaked them a tiny bit which in my opinion is just plain wrong.

What if I took the monolisa and painted a mustache on her and big hairy eye brows with an arrow going through her head then published it as an original work of art? Graal x has done this and it is an insult to the 3 different projects contributed (being it willingly or not) to the era tileset.

On another note: bravo looks nothing like era. Glub has worked wonders with bravo and made it look like a classic modern server. on the other hand graal x started straight from the era tileset. And I would not be surprised in the least if they had stolen scripts as well.
I understand, i was just taking the Stance of "Devils Advocate" and perhaps giving too much leeway to graal x with the possibility they did not steal the gfx. I have had proof of staff members on GX from the past stealing things. I just hope this does not go on again, it is what got Enigma shutdown the first time (In refrence to stolen scripts).

Quote:
posted by Milkdude99
These servers are not classic though, i guess it is by definition of a classic server that all classic accounts can access it. This is not true, only Gold/VIP can, that dosent define classic. I think mabye someone should Define a classic server, because i dont consider a server that only select people can access classic

Quote:
In answer to the second part, why should they? Because being similar isn't a problem but taking a tileset and editing it to look somewhat different is an offense. That is theft, and I'm sure you can understand that.
Of course, if my NPCS or GFX were to be stolen and just tweaked a little, i would be overly angry.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:12 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue_Dragn

These servers are not classic though, i guess it is by definition of a classic server that all classic accounts can access it. This is not true, only Gold/VIP can, that dosent define classic. I think mabye someone should Define a classic server, because i dont consider a server that only select people can access classic

Any server that is not a Gold server or the original Classic server and is not run by Graal itself is classified as a "Classic server" which includes all hosted servers in public (3rd tab) or in private (UC) and the Classic tab. All this does is make the separation of PWs from what is Gold and what is not, it has really nothing to do on who can access the server unless it is a Gold server. Thus in turn come under the PWA jurisdiction as well as the rest of the Global Staff whose job it is to maintain legalities on these servers. (Rules and copyrights and so on)

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-25-2004, 10:23 AM
galase galase!
Can't you people shut up?

Get your own thread.

Spark, Moonie.. delete ALL of the posts that aren't about Adiarde.
kthx.

R0bin:
It's gonna be all of those -PK.

Fun, RP, Storyline.

Adiarde Manager