Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2010, 02:02 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Not that I care for this discussion, but FYI they weren't.
That's cool, but I do know there are some Classic iPhoner's who are staff on the actual server just figured they might be what he was talking about.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:42 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
I believe that Xor knows who to choose for his staff team, no matter what coincidences occur.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
I don't think having GP experience has anything at all to do with being a good GP. Just sayin.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 04-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Stefan has been satisfied with Xor's hiring practices so far. There will always be a person now and then that doesn't quite work out as you hoped and needs to be cut but that holds true for any server. It helps if the GP's you hire understand the server and its particular issues. It even helps more if they have some knowledge of the players habits of gameplay. I personally don't see where someone who came from iphone would be required to have experience as staff on a pc server before hiring them. Anyone can learn to use an rc with a few minutes of instruction.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Actually, as someone who regularly talks to new players on the game this is something that has been bothering me for a while now. People aren't visiting PC Graal with the intentions of playing it, they're visiting under the assumption that it will increase their chances of becoming an "admin" on the iPhone server. On top of that, looking through threads about the game such as TouchArcade and even on sites such as Yahoo! Answers, people are a lot more focused on becoming staff than they are in simply playing the iPhone version. Sure this staff buzz has existed for a long time, but when the server has a huge (by Graal's standards) playerbase and the only 'marketing strategy' employed is, "Play PC Graal and you might be able to join the admin clique!" it is in terribly poor form.

Most MMO's give players the opportunity to try out for GM when they need one, and it does work out well a lot of the time, but this is just stupid.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A lot of players from iPhone/iPod/iPad are also downloading the PC version to get additional sword and shield codes (filenames)
Old 04-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
I think it's funny that they call it codes like if it was cheating or a hidden easteregg. :P
Old 04-16-2010, 07:28 PM
o_O
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Downloaded it and it's pretty fun for iPod Touch.
Question: PKing is illegal? I was on a killing spree earlier and someone threatened to report me.

Also should probably move the map icon somewhere else on the screen - sometimes when I'm running around/in the heat of battle my finger will scroll to far and pop the map open
Old 04-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Downloaded it and it's pretty fun for iPod Touch.
Question: PKing is illegal? I was on a killing spree earlier and someone threatened to report me.
Legal of course if the buttons show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Also should probably move the map icon somewhere else on the screen - sometimes when I'm running around/in the heat of battle my finger will scroll to far and pop the map open
Changed it just now, check if its better now.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:55 PM
o_O
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Legal of course if the buttons show

Changed it just now, check if its better now.
Yes thank you
Old 04-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post
I think it's funny that they call it codes like if it was cheating or a hidden easteregg. :P
They call it codes? Omg XD
Old 04-16-2010, 09:20 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
UN noobs have been calling it "codes" for a couple of years too.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Untitled
Supertron26 is on a distinguished road
Yay, we ended that discussion!
That was a waste of a page and a half on this.... Oh wait, I started the discussion....Sorry...

Question: If one synchronised swimmer drowns do the rest drown too?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertron26 View Post
Yay, we ended that discussion!
That was a waste of a page and a half on this.... Oh wait, I started the discussion....Sorry...
And your point is... ?

I like how I got an e-mail from Azrael (GP?) to add him on Facebook, then saw the Twitter site.
Should have links to those on the app.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:04 AM
aka NewYorkerNick
NewYorkerNicole will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NewYorkerNicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertron26 View Post
The two most recent GP hirings, I belive.

Lordofpi13 and Newyorkernick.

As far as I know they where both previously iPhone players and had only recntly joined the PC community, and had little, if not no experience as staff on servers.

I don't know all the facts but I do know that the two in question where iPhone players, quite popular on there as a matter of fact, and had only recently started playing on the PC.

My point is that surely if the staff of the iPhone server belive that the iPhone players will become the new generation of Graal Players, then surely they should have more experienced people dealing with them. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, but it just makes more sense using experienced people.

Well, I did play Graal The Adventure years ago, maybe like 2000-2002? I don't remember much but I do remember making levels and all that jazz. I downloaded PC every now and then to check it out but wasn't able to afford paying for a subscription since I was busy with college and work. Well I'm done with college and underemployed so I downloaded IPhone Graal, and LOVED it. It brought me back. I finally got around to purchasing a subscription.

In the end, Graal is Graal. One of them just fits in your pocket. (and has less stuff to do but considering the userbase, this will change)

Please be nice to me

...I cry myself to sleep.