Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2010, 06:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It seems it's not the corporate intent to promote the pc version.
I don't blame them. As I've been spamming for a while now, it's a terrible time for Classic to be down because it's the only server these potential players would be familiar with. -_-
Old 03-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltino View Post
I'm sure you're insinuating that I did this. Which, I was told that I had despite me not doing so. I remember this quite differently. However, I don't really care to delve into it and turn this into a big flame war.
Why would I be making this up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeltino View Post
I have had many players PM me while I was on other servers, saying they're from the iPhone. I also know a couple players who have purchased a server and are working on there - also from the iPhone.

I know that a lot of you hold reservations towards Classic iPhone, but I do not believe that voicing them to any new potential players is the best way to introduce them into the PC community. The iPhone community is quite a bit younger than the PC community. That makes the iPhone community exceedingly impressionable (the main reason for our strict rules), and telling them negative and derogatory comments about someone else/another server will only lessen their impression of Graal iPhone and PC. If everyone who comes in contact with iPhone players treats them well, are mature, etc. I think the iPhone players will eventually start to lock onto the PC version. Something that attracts a large amount of them to the PC version is their ability to be able to create levels, graphics, etc. - so this is already happening. We're receiving new, custom shields and swords daily.
Oh I agree with this, I have spent time talking to alot of iPhone users that have logged onto the PC version, I try to do what I can to encourage them to remain on PC Graal (except for advising them to buy a subscription which many seem to think would allow for them to "be admin" -_-), but i'm not going to lie about my thoughts on iPhone, there are many criticisms I can make of it, but the ones i've mentioned to these people are constructive ones in good faith, I realise that the project may be beneficial to PC Graal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't blame them. As I've been spamming for a while now, it's a terrible time for Classic to be down because it's the only server these potential players would be familiar with. -_-
The timing may be inconvenient but this doesn't exactly justify the previous or current server being up.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Click image for larger version

Name:	crowded place.PNG
Views:	324
Size:	624.5 KB
ID:	50805
Old 04-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Omg, so many people!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Old 04-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
haha
Old 04-04-2010, 03:15 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
1200 players on atm
Old 04-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
1200 players on atm
It's closer to 1300 now...that's so crazy.

I really wish something happens that will make them start trying out the pc version (f2p + cash shops anyone????)
Old 04-04-2010, 04:12 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
It's closer to 1300 now...that's so crazy.
It hit 1337, Stefan sent out a mass and their replies spammed NC for a good minute.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
leet.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
E-leet

But like Sales said; f2p = Yes!
Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
The timing may be inconvenient but this doesn't exactly justify the previous or current server being up.
I'm pointing out how Classic was up but practically dead for atleast a year and a half yet it's down when we've most needed it in like almost 10 years. 1200 players on Classic iPhone is no joke.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I'm pointing out how Classic was up but practically dead for atleast a year and a half yet it's down when we've most needed it in like almost 10 years. 1200 players on Classic iPhone is no joke.
TIME FOR GAMER PERSPECTIVE!

When we look at oh lets say the PS3. Don't you want to know What was the PS2 like? What PS was probably like? It's interesting.

Hell we've got advanced games but we still like to play the classic stuff. Let's have some PS3 players check out the PS2 again!

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:56 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Except a UC server doesn't bring in players.
More players mean more developers.
More developers mean more content production.
Developers would rather work for a classic server that is up, so they can see players enjoy(or complain about) the content they produced.

I could fully imagine Classic heavily benefiting from classic iPhone through this year.

Too bad it's down because you follow the same mold of nearly every other dev admin, claiming everything done by previous developers was garbage and wiping the previous content since you feel you can make everything better. Massokre did it, Hell Raven did nothing but do it, and now you're following the same footsteps.

Sure, the system scripts were awful, they needed to be fixed, HD needed to be addressed. However, as I stated as my plan all along as dev admin, the best route to cleaning that up would have been progressively redoing what needed to be redone on a step by step basis while keeping the server up with occasional updates. Could have worked too, except you and whitedragon decided to stop working entirely on scripting until I quit.

Now Classic is missing a huge opportunity because you're full of yourself and holding power over a now dead server that you helped get knocked off the Classic tab. Great work.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 04-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
Except a UC server doesn't bring in players.
More players mean more developers.
More developers mean more content production.
Developers would rather work for a classic server that is up, so they can see players enjoy(or complain about) the content they produced.
Again you're thinking about methods of obtaining some overnight success at the expense of long term stability.
A UC server might not bring in players, but a hosted server will not either if it doesn't actually have any released content, going hosted in itself can work in favour of the server, however it is vital the server is well and truly ready for it, how many times have we seen servers come up... achieve a huge burst of curious players.... and fall back down to obscurity after 15 minutes?

Quote:
Too bad it's down because you follow the same mold of nearly every other dev admin, claiming everything done by previous developers was garbage and wiping the previous content since you feel you can make everything better. Massokre did it, Hell Raven did nothing but do it, and now you're following the same footsteps.

Sure, the system scripts were awful, they needed to be fixed, HD needed to be addressed. However, as I stated as my plan all along as dev admin, the best route to cleaning that up would have been progressively redoing what needed to be redone on a step by step basis while keeping the server up with occasional updates.
Get your facts right, everybody before us added onto the heap of garbage (including myself for a time, admittedly), whereas we've been remaking everything entirely, regarding systems this is something we had completed both quicker than the previous time, and to a much higher standard, we didn't do this to make ourself feel better, we did this to be able to Develop quicker, and for some of the things we've made so far this would have taken much longer on the previous server as a result of literally having to go back and fix a dozen problems whenever adding something new, and it is for this reason that cleaning up the previous systems gradually would not have been feasible.

Quote:
Now Classic is missing a huge opportunity because you're full of yourself and holding power over a now dead server that you helped get knocked off the Classic tab. Great work.
Incase you forgot we actually had the choice of remaining on the Classic tab, we decided however to come up with something called a "plan", and that we would prefer to develop the server towards this "plan" as opposed to butchering the already uncoherant content/overworld/economy etc, the goal ultimately being to create something worth playing in itself instead of taking gambles on things such as hype, propaganda, nostalgia and things that don't really make the server any better, we can't expect 10 - 15 year olds that either play on their iPhone for free or a small fee to be willing to over-pay for something to play on their computer which while I feel has had more effort put into it than iPhone isn't in the near future going to appeal to them more regardless of whether it is hosted or not.