Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 07:26 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Re: US/UK spilt.

You could take a poll in the poll house, but those numbers might not be accurate. If there was a way to determine region by script maybe. Anyway, I dont see the big deal using the poll house for it if so many players are interested in the statistics. It's not like a new poll has been up for a while, why not use it?

Re: Storm.

Storm, this is a direct and public question to you, and I expect to you answer it, in public, full transparency of the management and all.

My question is simple.

Why do you believe you still deserve your position despite the overwhelming arguments against you holding your position further?

The players generally do not approve of you, and it shows, as you said, when you post here, it turns into a bash storm fest.

You have a very very dodgy track record. For the most part, you are only active to a minimum when you are under pressure. You're under pressure now from the PWA, and I am certain that is the reason for your newfound spark of activity. However, I see that spark dwindling.

-You're online less than you were a week ago.
-You haven't worked on the onslaught event for about the same amount of time, last I checked, it was a cumulative 120 lines of code for the past week, with a lot of spaces and comments included in the line count.(For comparison for non scripters, my card table script is 1.3K lines long with no comments, not the best scripting I know, but thats how much I've put into just the gameplay)
-I asked you several days ago to get the dev team mod rights here so we could more easily document updates on the server, in one locked and constantly updated thread, for all to see, for all updates big and small.
You agreed with my idea, yet, you haven't done what is needed to get it done, and Moonie told me, only you make the call on forum mods here.

In summary, why do you deserve to be classic's manager? Hopefully you can agree with the community here and admit, there are people here now that could dedicate a lot more time and energy into the position, while being a bigger part of that same community than you are now(I really don't consider you to be much of the community, you don't interact with the players very much besides complaints, you really aren't one of the players). Why not do a noble thing, and give your position to someone both more capable, and more popular than yourself? If you really care about classic, that might be the best thing you could do, and maybe the easiest route for you.

Totally going to quote linkin park here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkin Park
Forfeit the game
Before somebody else
Takes you out of the frame
Puts your name to shame
Cover up your face
You can't run the race
The pace is too fast
You just won't last

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
Maybe we can all pitch in and buy a boat to sail out to the middle of the Atlantic and put the server there. Then on the playerlist it'll say: npcserver(On a Boat)
Here is my plan, I don't know how possible it is but maybe it could work.

I think this could make it a bit more fair when we are using serverside hit detections.

Edit: I didn't think the city of Godthåb would be feasible.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Is that an ultimatum? Maybe the start of a DC 4 Manager campaign?

You have a good point though. The people have little faith in stormo's ability to get things changed based on his history. Unless he can show otherwise pretty quickly, DC might have just made a sound suggestion.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Gladius
LoL @ xaphan.

I was thinking about suggesting iceland/greenland but didn't think that was "middle" enough.

The problem with iceland is that it is in a severe depression right now, and it has many active volcanoes all over. I don't know how either of these factors would effect the placement of a server there; I just wanted to show I've been paying attention in my geography class (working on euro right now).
Old 03-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Is that an ultimatum? Maybe the start of a DC 4 Manager campaign?

You have a good point though. The people have little faith in stormo's ability to get things changed based on his history. Unless he can show otherwise pretty quickly, DC might have just made a sound suggestion.
It's not an ultimatum, its a question.
I honestly want to know why he thinks he is the best choice for manager.

~DC
Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
If you're so big on statistics, could you provide some insight on the demographics for some of the other MMORPGs, because to my knowledge, most (popular) MMORPGs have seperate servers for both Europe and North America (and most don't allow for interaction between the two continents).
Not entirely relevant, but if you're interested I'm sure you have the ability to Google it, which is basically what you're asking me to do anyway.

Quote:
As long as I've known Storm (maybe not known, I don't talk to him on a regular basis), he has never once pulled a number out of the air, he has always had some statistic to go on. Maybe it isn't exactly 50/50, but it most likely is something close to. If the average was 80/20, then I could see basis for an arguement.
Aside from the minimal amount Storm spends on the server, arguments are intended to change the minds of other people. It is pretty evident to nearly everyone in this thread, aside from yourself, that he has posted a questionable representation of the playercount and therein lies a basis for an argument. Your negative connotation of what an argument is may be overshadowing your view of what was actually said, but there is little reason to project it on the forums.

Quote:
I was trying to be polite, as to not outright accuse you of attacking Storm, or trying to discredit him. I guess it was a waste of time since I made the accusation a few posts later.
XDDDDDDD

Quote:
As for the rest, Storm can't really dictate where the server should be moved to. Stefan has control of that, and he moved it for a reason (not sure on his reasoning, but it was most likely cost).
As manager of the server, Storm is very much empowered to reason with Stefan regarding the location of the server. Just because Storm addresses the issue doesn't mean that it will be or can be moved, but when the manager approaches you as a representation for the server, you're more inclined to listen as opposed to some random player who usually has selfish reasoning. Statistics provide a good medium to reason with, and if it turns out that the majority of players on Classic are effected by the server being in Europe and it is in some way providing a detriment to the server, then there is a reason to put it back. If the issue is not addressed then you can expect nothing to happen. Again, very basic logic.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Unfortunately this discussion has already taken place, and in much more detail. It's doubtful that Storm has the respect for the server that he claims, it's more likely all about "power". That's the only thing I can think of that would explain the current situation.

Oh, and for the record, DC does not have the maturity needed to manage a server, regardless of what the role entails. Storm may not be favorable at the moment, but one positive thing I can say about him is that he can actually carry on a conversation without the ridiculous insulting and childishness that DC has repeatedly displayed.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
Unfortunately this discussion has already taken place, and in much more detail. It's doubtful that Storm has the respect for the server that he claims, it's more likely all about "power". That's the only thing I can think of that would explain the current situation.

Oh, and for the record, DC does not have the maturity needed to manage a server, regardless of what the role entails. Storm may not be favorable at the moment, but one positive thing I can say about him is that he can actually carry on a conversation without the ridiculous insulting and childishness that DC has repeatedly displayed.
Wow Kat, you couldn't even stop from taking a shot at me in my birthday thread, and you're calling ME insulting, childish, and immature?

I really don't even need to go further with that one. My reputation is known to everyone already, how about you get over your grudge with me.

~DC
Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
Wow Kat, you couldn't even stop from taking a shot at me in my birthday thread, and you're calling ME insulting, childish, and immature?

I really don't even need to go further with that one. My reputation is known to everyone already, how about you get over your grudge with me.
It's okay. There's a certain irony in someone throwing claims around regarding immaturity, yet never contributing much outside of belittling people and getting on their misinformed soapbox to make the odd post.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The so-called "shots" serve a purpose, and it's not to mindlessly insult you. It's typical that you're not seeing it. If you think disseminating information for a useful purpose is able to be described with any of those adjectives, you're sadly mistaken. Try not taking it personally and look at what's being said, you might learn something. Besides, I'm not the one claiming that I should be a "candidate" for manager.

Quote:
My reputation is known to everyone already
What reputation would that be? If it doesn't include what I've constantly seen of you on RC, it's clearly inaccurate and misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
It's okay. There's a certain irony in someone throwing claims around regarding immaturity, yet never contributing much outside of belittling people and getting on their misinformed soapbox to make the odd post.
You are truly a hypocrite. The posts have a very clear purpose, you're just too blinded by your desire to simply cause problems to see them. Try spending more time understanding what's being said and less time finding things just to aggravate people with.

I'm not going to respond more on these subjects in this thread, as it's going to take away from a more substantial issue. Although, it's not like it'll make any difference anyway.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not even going to argue with you Kat, it's pointless, you live to take shots at people and belittle them, it must give you some sort of good feeling.
Please, lets focus back on the question at hand.

Why does Storm feel he should retain his position?

~DC
Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not entirely relevant, but if you're interested I'm sure you have the ability to Google it, which is basically what you're asking me to do anyway.
It is completely relevant, you're arguing that what Storm suggested is "hardly an accurate representation any demographic on any game ever". You must be comparing Graal to other MMORPGs, I am just wondering which ones you're comparing it to.
Quote:
Aside from the minimal amount Storm spends on the server, arguments are intended to change the minds of other people. It is pretty evident to nearly everyone in this thread, aside from yourself, that he has posted a questionable representation of the playercount and therein lies a basis for an argument. Your negative connotation of what an argument is may be overshadowing your view of what was actually said, but there is little reason to project it on the forums.
I am willing to bet that out of the 3 people who responded to me (or "nearly everyone" as you put it) would agree that it is probably a 60/40 split, not something as outlandish as what you're hinting at. A 60/40 split would not be enough to warrant a move, as what Storm and Gladius said.

I'll ignore the rest of your arguement since it hinges on a large portion of what has already been talked about above.

Last edited by maximus_asinus; 03-04-2009 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: tiling between posts, lost track of what I was saying.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson2005 View Post
Here is my plan, I don't know how possible it is but maybe it could work.

I think this could make it a bit more fair when we are using serverside hit detections.

Edit: I didn't think the city of Godthåb would be feasible.
or maybe you could borrow the lonely island's boat
Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Re: US/UK spilt.

You could take a poll in the poll house, but those numbers might not be accurate. If there was a way to determine region by script maybe. Anyway, I dont see the big deal using the poll house for it if so many players are interested in the statistics. It's not like a new poll has been up for a while, why not use it?

Re: Storm.

Storm, this is a direct and public question to you, and I expect to you answer it, in public, full transparency of the management and all.

My question is simple.

Why do you believe you still deserve your position despite the overwhelming arguments against you holding your position further?

The players generally do not approve of you, and it shows, as you said, when you post here, it turns into a bash storm fest.

You have a very very dodgy track record. For the most part, you are only active to a minimum when you are under pressure. You're under pressure now from the PWA, and I am certain that is the reason for your newfound spark of activity. However, I see that spark dwindling.

-You're online less than you were a week ago.
-You haven't worked on the onslaught event for about the same amount of time, last I checked, it was a cumulative 120 lines of code for the past week, with a lot of spaces and comments included in the line count.(For comparison for non scripters, my card table script is 1.3K lines long with no comments, not the best scripting I know, but thats how much I've put into just the gameplay)
-I asked you several days ago to get the dev team mod rights here so we could more easily document updates on the server, in one locked and constantly updated thread, for all to see, for all updates big and small.
You agreed with my idea, yet, you haven't done what is needed to get it done, and Moonie told me, only you make the call on forum mods here.

In summary, why do you deserve to be classic's manager? Hopefully you can agree with the community here and admit, there are people here now that could dedicate a lot more time and energy into the position, while being a bigger part of that same community than you are now(I really don't consider you to be much of the community, you don't interact with the players very much besides complaints, you really aren't one of the players). Why not do a noble thing, and give your position to someone both more capable, and more popular than yourself? If you really care about classic, that might be the best thing you could do, and maybe the easiest route for you.

Totally going to quote linkin park here.
wow dc , im totally going for you.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Gladius
Can someone explain why the server was moved in the first place?

I theorize that the ratio was more 70:30 on classic (at least full time) at the time around the move. Could be wrong since I don't even remember when it moved. I just remember more americans playing consistently in the past. If this was the case, wouldn't the move had negatively effected the majority? Someone feel free to explain why this move was made.
Closed Thread