Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Sir Pickles at one time
superb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by osrs
I understand why Tyrial is mad,you wouldn't be happy if anyone accuse you,let's leave him alone and forget this.
Doesn't give him the right to be stupid and post an idiotic thread such as this.

-Pickles
Old 08-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Hollow
Myomoto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Myomoto Send a message via MSN to Myomoto
You never had the thought that koni might have played those game while he was a child, and as karsh said some where, might have got inspired to draw like it? The fun is, that all these games are 8-bit, which the Zelda game graal was made from also is
Old 08-17-2003, 10:46 AM
gimped
Nick1988 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nick1988
These threads are getting stupid. Frankly, I don't care if Tyrial stole from Konidias, or if Konidias stole from other games. The comparisons weren't really good enough to convince me that he's stealing (although the tree trunk roots look very similar in shape and color). About Tyrial: he could have stolen it from Konidias, or maybe he was inspired by it, or something. The sheer fact is, one of you guys are going to have to change their style. Oasis and Adiarde are too similar, just look at the screen shots. I think you guys should decide what your going to do about this before you keep on making more graphics that similar style.

AIM: Nick10e
Old 08-17-2003, 10:57 AM
"Member ID=2610"
Snakeandy7 is on a distinguished road
They look the same, but it's not like he copied, possibly looked at there gfx and got inspiration Nice thread tho, he deserves it
of slavery my son".

Old 08-17-2003, 02:13 PM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher

I don't think any of you understood the point of this thread, it's not to make you hate oasis or konidias, it's to make you understand this:

Konidias posts a screenshot compared our houses.. with 1 tile bricks, the only way to put 2 bricks in the same size on a 16x16 tile
all i did was 16/2 and put lines then filled in... That's the only way to make a 16x16 tile, if you don't want the bricks small or big, that is the only way.

Konidias blames me of stealing his borders, when infact I was the one to give him the ideas of using borders around his doors, now i tell the same to you "I steal my own ideas! omg!"
You said it would look dumb and did it anyways.

The problem is, when konidias accouses me of stealing from him, everyone is like "Yeah tyrial is a thief" "Tyrial stole this and that"

But when i post the EXACTLY same thing, you guys say "Tyrial stupid" "Tyrial is a ****ing idiot"

The question is:
Why do you hate me when konidias without proof accouse me of stealing, and when i post without proof about konidias stealing, you hate me even more...

Why?

Adiarde Manager
Old 08-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Hollow
Myomoto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Myomoto Send a message via MSN to Myomoto
Because humans can't love every one, and in tiny communities like this, some of the members get hated by all the other members. So, your bron to be hated, sorry :|
Old 08-17-2003, 02:39 PM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
Quote:
Originally posted by Myomoto
Because humans can't love every one, and in tiny communities like this, some of the members get hated by all the other members. So, your bron to be hated, sorry :|
Yeah, kinda noiticed.. -_-

Adiarde Manager
Old 08-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
There's a tendency among internet users. If somebody disagrees with a person in a conflict, it's automatically attributed to some sycophantical predisposition towards the opponent. It can happen to any of us if we lose our cool, but it's something that should always be avoided.

In this case, Tyrial thinks that people are agreeing with Konidias because they like him or want him to like them, but that piece of reasoning only works if both combatants have equal arguments. In actuality, Konidias' argument is a great deal stronger, on two separate fronts:

1) Konidias' evidence is more compelling. Tyrials comparisons are horribly weak; none of those graphics look similar at all.
2) Konidias has a reputation as a creative person, one who is perfectly capable of making his own graphics and would never resort to theft.

I don't know if Tyrial stole graphics. I don't know if Konidias stole graphics. But for various reasons - including those listed above - I'm more inclined to believe that Tyrial did than Konidias. Does that make me a sycophant? Not at all. I don't doubt that some people are agreeing with him for poor reasons, but that's no reason to accuse all of his supporters.

So, Tyrial's reasoning is flawed. In my opinion it was a bad idea to make this thread, and it's been closed to stop the fighting. That means that the topic ends here. You've all said your pieces, you've all made your points, let's move on. Any harrassment in other threads will be harshly received.

At Tyrial's request, I announce that all those wishing to discuss this matter can contact him by AIM (screenname: 'tyrialadiarde').