Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-16-2011, 07:14 PM
the painkiller
iBreez has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I just got a wonderful idea, to integrate PC, Facebook, and iPhone clients.

I dunno if you guys think it's a good idea, but maybe Thor's Classic server could be integrated into the Facebook/iDevice Servermap under the name of PC Classic, or Graal Adventure or something like that.

It would be a win-win situation.
Newbies on iPhone and Facebook would understand what Graal is supposed to be truly like, and experience a rich production (What Thor wants).
Unixmad and co. would get money by people paying for VIP/Gold so they can access the server without the severley limited Trial 5 hour limit on PC or no access at all on Facebook/iDevice without VIP.
Would I pay 3$ to access Thor's Classic with about 100+ people on my iPhone? Yes.

I simply think they should scrap Gold and implement the gralat/VIP system into PC, so all the clients can be interconnected.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBreez View Post
I just got a wonderful idea, to integrate PC, Facebook, and iPhone clients.

I dunno if you guys think it's a good idea, but maybe Thor's Classic server could be integrated into the Facebook/iDevice Servermap under the name of PC Classic, or Graal Adventure or something like that.

It would be a win-win situation.
Newbies on iPhone and Facebook would understand what Graal is supposed to be truly like, and experience a rich production (What Thor wants).
Unixmad and co. would get money by people paying for VIP/Gold so they can access the server without the severley limited Trial 5 hour limit on PC or no access at all on Facebook/iDevice without VIP.
Would I pay 3$ to access Thor's Classic with about 100+ people on my iPhone? Yes.

I simply think they should scrap Gold and implement the gralat/VIP system into PC, so all the clients can be interconnected.
I would rather not be associated with those versions of Classic, it's not even worth explaining how or why they are so different, they simply were never meant to be similar.
But even if that was to happen Classic's systems are entirely scripted rather than built-in, it would probably fry an iPhone.
Facebook however is a good possibility to aim for as Graal the Adventure.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:36 PM
the painkiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I would rather not be associated with those versions of Classic, it's not even worth explaining how or why they are so different, they simply were never meant to be similar.
But even if that was to happen Classic's systems are entirely scripted rather than built-in, it would probably fry an iPhone.
Facebook however is a good possibility to aim for as Graal the Adventure.
Meh that's true about the iPhone, but I really want your server to get popular so it has players to play the card game with and spar.
I'm sure facebook players would enjoy Graal the Adventure because of all the cool features on it, and real quests
Old 07-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Meh that's true about the iPhone, but I really want your server to get popular so it has players to play the card game with and spar.
I'm sure facebook players would enjoy Graal the Adventure because of all the cool features on it, and real quests
PC Classic becoming Graal the Adventure on Facebook was actually something Stefan suggested on RC a few months ago, though I'm not sure if he was being serious or just attempting to coax us into helping iPhone/Facebook obtain new content. This was something I was willing to negotiate over and was even emailed by Unixmad but I received no further response.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 PM
the painkiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
PC Classic becoming Graal the Adventure on Facebook was actually something Stefan suggested on RC a few months ago, though I'm not sure if he was being serious or just attempting to coax us into helping iPhone/Facebook obtain new content. This was something I was willing to negotiate over and was even emailed by Unixmad but I received no further response.
Yeah... They really want you, because you're doing a beautiful job on the classic server, and the fact that you're almost literally 1-manning the whole server is amazing. I'm sure that's why they want you, is because you could give alot of content that the players want. They've been BEGGING for quests and new things to do on Facebook/iDevice Graal (era iphone delivers all of this because it is well developed by my standards,events, new guns, new minigames, great development staff from the get-go).
Try to contact them again and again. Hopefully you guys can work out something to get Graal the Adventure on Facebook, the community would LOVE it.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 PM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
there really needs to be a volume bar for music/sound like the one on PC.. it's annoying when you hear sword slashing at a high volume while listening to a song at high volume
Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
this

Also, can you make it so my full name doesn't show up as my nickname every time I log in :-/
You can do that yourself by editing your profile
Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Banned
Quote:
Yeah... They really want you, because you're doing a beautiful job on the classic server, and the fact that you're almost literally 1-manning the whole server is amazing. I'm sure that's why they want you, is because you could give alot of content that the players want. They've been BEGGING for quests and new things to do on Facebook/iDevice Graal (era iphone delivers all of this because it is well developed by my standards,events, new guns, new minigames, great development staff from the get-go).
Try to contact them again and again. Hopefully you guys can work out something to get Graal the Adventure on Facebook, the community would LOVE it.
It's not something I would want to happen any time soon anyway, the fact is Classic is not yet ready to re-emerge on PC Graal.
I'd rather have it in a complete state offering enough things to do for new players, and enough end-game activity's for existing players so that it's capable of sustaining itself long term rather than just being a gamble that people will stay loyal to it for reasons external from the game itself.

We've been working on it from scratch for almost 2 years now and it's still some time off, but there's light at the end of the long tunnel. It is the next quest after the one we are currently working on that has always been our goal to shift the focus from questing and onto community based content in preparation for going live.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
one thing i do like is the map
where u click on towns wher eu want to go thats neat
but idk i like pc playerlist stil
Old 07-16-2011, 09:24 PM
GREATEST
Ares is on a distinguished road
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 PM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
lol, is facebook limited performance wise? What im getting at is will facebook graal ever be as good as pc graal or is this not to be since the iDevices share the same server?

It's genius.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Flash 11 is supporting faster drawing and will make the game much faster. The current Facebook Classic should be fast enough for normal play, but can't display particles and seteffect because it would be too slow.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:21 PM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Alrite, also im sure I can speak for pretty much everyone when I say this. Find a way to disable the back space key from taking you to the previous page you visited in your web-browser. Also why is there no full screen?

It's genius.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:08 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Flash 11 is supporting faster drawing and will make the game much faster. The current Facebook Classic should be fast enough for normal play, but can't display particles and seteffect because it would be too slow.
Make an option so player can choose their own? Or would that be always and not depending on PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
Alrite, also im sure I can speak for pretty much everyone when I say this. Find a way to disable the back space key from taking you to the previous page you visited in your web-browser
Stop using Safari. It´s just with that browser...

But I think it should be able to set different languages for the keyboard... Like on the german keyboard the keys are way different placed so you always have to find out like where the @ is for english keyboard.
And yea fullscreen would be nice.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:55 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
there really needs to be a volume bar for music/sound like the one on PC.. it's annoying when you hear sword slashing at a high volume while listening to a song at high volume
1:click your character
2:click edit
3:go to options
4: uncheck music and sounds
5:???
6:give skill $500