Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
My 70ms latency is currently above 1300ms. I'm not sure if it's coincidental or the new client.

Last edited by Stephen; 10-03-2010 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: specific to GK latency
Old 10-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I have no idea why it would freeze on certain computers, is this only working on Windows? 32 bit or 64 bit? Checked if sound is enabled or disabled? If possible attach your game_console.log to your post.
If possible also try to run the game with "-opengl" as option to see if it's the graphics which make the problems.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Not a problem on Windows 7 64bit.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:59 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Security Concern: There still isn't a prompt for OpenURL, reported this ages ago.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Security Concern: There still isn't a prompt for OpenURL, reported this ages ago.
If I understand your request correctly then I disagree. A prompt places responsibility on the user. Graal Online (and in extension, the server) should be held responsible. Administrative routine should moderate openURLs; either through punishing unreported openURLs in scripts or strict access restrictions.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
No, I can decrese it with zoom, I'm mean that actual font name, it seems like tahoma to me, not sure. But Varia used Verdana a lot. I would like this option back, and next time to be credible put his actual post, not a quote, anyone can fake a quote. ;]
You can upload your own TrueType fonts and use them in v6.

In addition, you can click the blue arrow in a quote to be taken directly to the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
I run Windows XP Pro. It is not fair to the long standing Graal players to force them to upgrade to Windows Vista+ because of the fact not all of us cannot afford to upgrade our operating system, let alone computers. At the least v6 should be configured to run XP at the least because lets face it, Vista was poorly developed and is a bigger problem then its worth and 7 is too expensive for some people to afford.
No one is forcing you to upgrade. Graal runs fine on it, the only bug is that the Graal client stops updating when you drag a window over it—this happens on win7 too. The only difference is that on win7 it doesn't show the various drag frames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
This may not be a bug, but I found out that emitters are not acting the same on V6 than in V5. For example, I've made myself turn into a fireball on Ruins when using boots, and when I was switching levels, the fireball was getting smaller and smaller, with shorter effects and particles.
In V6, it seems to act completely the opposite way, which means on a gmap, as I run through levels, the fireball keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Also, right after I switch levels, particles are "lagging", which means the little flames that are supposed to come directly out of the fireball appear on my screen about a second later.
Sounds like you need to stop the emitter or clear the mods when entering the level as you're re-applying the emitter mods?

Last edited by Darlene159; 10-03-2010 at 10:39 PM..
Old 10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDumbledore View Post
No one is forcing you to upgrade. Graal runs fine on it, the only bug is that the Graal client stops updating when you drag a window over it—this happens on win7 too. The only difference is that on win7 it doesn't show the various drag frames.
That's a pretty severe bug on xp user's ends. Especially with how frequently lots of players move PMs around and what not.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That's a pretty severe bug on xp user's ends. Especially with how frequently lots of players move PMs around and what not.
I agree that it should be fixed and not just ignored but Stefan definitely isn't "forcing [the players] to upgrade to Windows Vista+".
Old 10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If I understand your request correctly then I disagree. A prompt places responsibility on the user. Graal Online (and in extension, the server) should be held responsible. Administrative routine should moderate openURLs; either through punishing unreported openURLs in scripts or strict access restrictions.
The damage is done far before it will even get reported, a whole server could be repeatedly goatsed (or other shock-site/exploit) hours before anyone can do anything about it.

This can also be easily exploited to open hundreds of browser tabs, etc.

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

setTimer(0.05);
}

function 
onTimeout() {

openurl("http://www.google.com");

setTimer(0.05);

Old 10-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The damage is done far before it will even get reported, a whole server could be repeatedly goatsed (or other shock-site/exploit) hours before anyone can do anything about it.
I cannot agree. Tricking a user and forcing a user into visiting a shock site (or other illicit material) have the same result - the user is exposed to undesirable content. The only way to prevent that entirely is through strict administrative procedure. We can all agree that the users hold no responsibility if they are exposed to undesirable content via game client... that in itself is a strong argument against a openURL prompt. Perhaps Graal Online needs a better system report and respond to abuse?

In the mean time it may be a good idea to filter openURL requests from the client.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I've now noticed that going from one level to another but then staying still causes a line of the previous level to be drawn over the current one, I think this depends on the differences between the new and old position of the player somewhat as it occurs every time in some places and others not at all, it can also be done with or without being on a gmap:

Regarding the playerlist alot of things seem really inconsistent, when you receive a PM you should be able to click the Icon at the top that has been changed into a PM bubble in order to open it, but this now doesn't seem to work half the time, mouse-over hint text also seems to display the wrong thing until you click somewhere on the playerlist.

It's also annoying that you now have to maximise both the client window and the playerlist window separately, they used to be in sync with eachother.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I've now noticed that going from one level to another but then staying still causes a line of the previous level to be drawn over the current one
Can you give me servername/levelname/position where I can test it? Is this only happening when entering buildings, eventually the server uses some transparent tiles? There was a blackness-transparency problem in some earlier v6 beta version but should work fine now, but I can check it if you give me the location where it's happening often.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Can you give me servername/levelname/position where I can test it? Is this only happening when entering buildings, eventually the server uses some transparent tiles? There was a blackness-transparency problem in some earlier v6 beta version but should work fine now, but I can check it if you give me the location where it's happening often.
I noticed it the very first time I entered a building (the Bank) from level 14/classic_overworld_graalcity_04.nw on Classic, and was able to repeat this by then going from the main bank level to the room on the right hand side, doing the opposite made a vertical streak as opposed to a horizontal one, although this didn't occur when exiting back onto the gmap.

Having tried further it seems to be happening when entering pretty much every level where there is a black background, but we do not use transparent tiles or layers on Classic, it also seems that moving doesn't make it instantly disappear but actually shifts its position.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Thor, your error sound very similar to this.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Thor, your error sound very similar to this.
That is certainly nothing new, can be caused purely by a combination of quickly entering, exiting and re-entering a level and lag, the level links being that way makes it easier, I wasn't experiencing issues with my client level not being the same as my serverside level, just zoomed tiles from the previous level being drawn in lines above my current level, everything else is fine.

Tags
graal v6, windows