Old 12-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
disregard my last post.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
im not MT the knight
Motherat is on a distinguished road
The price doesn't make a difference, Andrew could've said 0$ if he wanted to.
But no, it's not like it's free you know. He put it up for 125,000 because it'd be extremely ridiculous to make it higher than 200,000$.
It's not even a house, more like a silly custom made 4 walled box.
House: a. A structure serving as a dwelling for one or more persons, especially for a family.
Doghouse: doghouse - outbuilding that serves as a shelter for a dog
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Lv
Who wants to make me a Treehouse to put up in a tree right next to unstick?
dont worry ill pay
Old 12-18-2008, 10:11 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
I find a doghouse is a stupid idea because, Your walking around, you see a random dog house... .... Like theres no point. Say i have a Dragon head and body will you make me a SPEACIAL CAVE? ILL PAY FOR IT !!!!!!1 ...
Old 12-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
It's common sense, so I didn't think your question even deserved an answer. Players trade houses with eachother for over 500k, and if we upload this stupid dog house at all everyone will want us to give them something, too.

Sure, great, you guys made him a doghouse...are you up for making something for every player who pms me complaining that it's unfair that he gets something special and they dont?

Not to mention it's a doghouse...are you serious?
How is it "common sense" at all? You're not giving him a dog house, he's not trading a dog house, he wouldn't be able to trade his dog house, he's buying the dog house.

The reason it would be a fraction of the price of a house is because it isn't a house, it's a dog house and it shouldn't serve the same purpose as a house does. Why are players going to want something that serves no purpose other than being a quirky part of their character? Something everyone can go see, something everyone can go visit? Something that gives no actual advantage to the player at all? It's not real estate, and it certainly isn't rocket science.

Perhaps if players contacted outside developers to make some decent content as well then Era's overworld would be a little more developed and a little less generic. Things like this should be encouraged, and in your position you should be the one who encourages it. You dismissed it off as special treatment, but it really isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
Who wants to make me a Treehouse to put up in a tree right next to unstick?
dont worry ill pay
That is entirely different as he is not asking for something to be added in the heart of the server, in fact he's asking for the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
I find a doghouse is a stupid idea because, Your walking around, you see a random dog house... .... Like theres no point. Say i have a Dragon head and body will you make me a SPEACIAL CAVE? ILL PAY FOR IT !!!!!!1 ...
While I've seen quite a few doghouses as I've walked around outside of my house, I didn't realize we had dragons that live in caves in real life. Man, I must be really missing out.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:14 PM
im not MT the knight
Do you think the grotto has a point? No.
Do you think Amsel's house has a point? No.
They're just custom made designs to add creativity to the game.

And BlueMelon, that's a horrible example.
If you find a dragon head and body, you aren't even going to need a cave for the thing.

Also, Renji. The whole "treehouse" thing your going with, just shows that you're trolling.
Not going to respond to that one.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherat View Post
The price doesn't make a difference, Andrew could've said 0$ if he wanted to.
But no, it's not like it's free you know. He put it up for 125,000 because it'd be extremely ridiculous to make it higher than 200,000$.
It's not even a house, more like a silly custom made 4 walled box.
House: a. A structure serving as a dwelling for one or more persons, especially for a family.
Doghouse: doghouse - outbuilding that serves as a shelter for a dog
You're right, price doesn't make a difference. I'm just not uploading or allowing anything (short of heads/bodies) to be uploaded specifically for one individual. If everyone had the same opportunity to have a dog house, or something similar, then I'd have no problem with it -- but they don't.

As far as uploading new levels for houses which are already owned goes (because I know someone will bring it up): the houses were available for anyone to purchase and all levels have to be approved first. We also don't usually allow new outsides.

So if you'd like to purchase an existing house and have a "silly custom made 4 walled box" for the insides feel free.

Rufus, Era has a weight system - the more items you have, the slower you move. Players buy homes to store items, and I'm pretty sure he would use the doghouse for this same purpose.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
While I've seen quite a few doghouses as I've walked around outside of my house, I didn't realize we had dragons that live in caves in real life. Man, I must be really missing out.
While walking around, ive never seen everbody carrying guns and medpacks,
ive never seen a friend die then someone pour coffee on him etiher... maybe I dont get out enough

And mother, whats the diffrence in me wanting a treehouse, compared to your doghouse?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
You're right, price doesn't make a difference. I'm just not uploading or allowing anything (short of heads/bodies) to be uploaded specifically for one individual. If everyone had the same opportunity to have a dog house, or something similar, then I'd have no problem with it -- but they don't.

As far as uploading new levels for houses which are already owned goes (because I know someone will bring it up): the houses were available for anyone to purchase and all levels have to be approved first. We also don't usually allow new outsides.

So if you'd like to purchase an existing house and have a "silly custom made 4 walled box" for the insides feel free.
Where did anyone say that the dog house was specifically for one individual? It was pretty clearly just stated that it'd be free to use for everyone as it is not an actual house, yet you continue to go on about houses. To reiterate the point here, it's not a house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
While walking around, ive never seen everbody carrying guns and medpacks,
ive never seen a friend die then someone pour coffee on him etiher... maybe I dont get out enough
Yet people seem to think that doghouses are out of context for Era? Heh.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:22 PM
im not MT the knight
I'm posting this for Fatherrat.
Here's his say on this.
"Typically to the people complaining about Dogbert's thing which I'm not going to say what it is.
I can't post on the forums so here it is.

Dogbert is an old player, he actually plays a really long time even though he only has 1k+ hours. He deserves it. It's not like it's a house that everyone wants. He wanted it because he thought it up. Unless you guys can put effort, have money and be the first to get the idea, then nobody will get one. So seriously, quit it. As soon as you see Dogbert having it the possibility is you all go insane. We were really excited for this, and now you screw it up. Dogbert played the role of a "DOG". Go live in your Southridge houses. God."
Old 12-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Where did anyone say that the dog house was specifically for one individual? It was pretty clearly just stated that it'd be free to use for everyone as it is not an actual house, yet you continue to go on about houses. To reiterate the point here, it's not a house.

Where? =S
Unless I missed something, it hasn't been stated that it was not for one individual, either...in fact, the first post says he is "getting his own snoopy house".

Everything about it resembles a house -- location, insides, the fact that he's willing to pay for it...
Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 PM
im not MT the knight
Look, let's just keep this simple.
No one else will get a doghouse, only me.
I could go on and on arguing with you, it would only make the situation worse.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
im not MT the knight
It will be unlocked most of the time, and it will probably be public.
But it was MY idea, and if anyone else wants to say "oh plz give me a doghouze lol!!!" they can just deal with you Sales.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherat View Post
Look, let's just keep this simple.
No one else will get a doghouse, only me.
I could go on and on arguing with you, it would only make the situation worse.
lol'd
Old 12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
There is already a housing system on Era. Uploading this doghouse would disrupt the system that is already in place. If Dogbert wants a house on Era then he can buy one of the houses that are already available. It's a pretty simple concept. (Why does my post count keep decreasing..?)

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Closed Thread