Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
yo koni I never agree with anyone else but I don't like NPC kings at all. I am all for your server and I've supported you since day 1 but thats the only idea I don't like. If Lance's server is gonna be more kingdoms orientated I think I'll have to support that. Kingdoms and all the guilds like leet, farber, frog, etc. were my experience on 2k1. Without kingdoms being a major role I don't think the server can last. OLDSCHOOL kingdoms were awesome when we had 5 hearts and orcs would attack and **** I just had so much fun.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 07-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
That's fine. Then don't play my server. That doesn't mean others won't enjoy it. I think you may be jumping the gun a bit though.

All I ask is that you give it a chance. If you don't want to give it a chance, then so be it. I'm not going to sit here and explain the whole concept just for you to say "I don't like it I'm playing Lance's server".

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 07-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Surfer Dude
Chrismas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Chrismas Send a message via AIM to Chrismas Send a message via MSN to Chrismas Send a message via Yahoo to Chrismas
the best part about the Kingdoms were the idiots in it.. the human error was golden.

AIM: Jimmypop316
Old 07-24-2005, 01:12 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
It wasn't the server that was good, the ideas, or even the kingdoms.

It was the players, you can't bring back none of the old servers, because you are missing the players that went with them. Its like drinking a drink, with just a cup and nothing inside it.

EX:
Graal 3000
Graal2001
Elven Lands

You can't bring them back, because the players you were with will not be back.. and theirfore, people will refuse to play.

Just a theory
Old 07-24-2005, 01:15 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Honestly, I don't see NPC-run Kingdoms functioning well. You act as though any human player is inherintly corrupt. To which, the only counter-argument I need is to say that most hallowed name "Aftershock".

Lance's 2k1, or 2k1 Prime, won't FORCE people to Roleplay. It will FORCE Kingdom-members to roleplay. Those that don't wish to Roleplay are represented on our staff list; we are developing content for them along with the Kingdoms. Those who do wish to Roleplay will be able to do so in a well-established enviornment, and judging by the currently planned roster, they will be able to roleplay under the supervision of very competant monarchs.

So many underestimate the functions of the Kings back on 2k1; they were the best examples of roleplaying their kingdom could offer, for the most part. 2K2, which valued the game mechanics an NPC system would get all tingly at, led us to some rather incompetant kings. If you want to talk about repeating past mistakes, I'd start with gaining power through a means besides Roleplaying rather than gaining power THROUGH roleplaying.

See all y'all when the Kingdom gates swing or sink open for the first time
Old 07-24-2005, 03:46 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I'm aiming to make a "realistic" king who is very flexible and you will not be able to level up your rank in a visible fashion or anything. I'm going to try and make it as comfortable as possible. To the point where you feel you are a part of the kingdom and that the king acknowledges your good deeds. As I planned with Oasis, I'm making 2k1 into a server that encourages RP, not enforces it. I'm looking for something that will get everyone roleplaying, Not just the hardcore roleplayers, or people who are friends with the current kings.
Because we all know how NPCs make you feel like you're apart of the group, and how an NPC King which awards petty deeds is more realistic then a real player.

2k1 has never enforced roleplaying, it's entirely optional. If you wish to play with the roleplayers then you follow the rules. It's similiar to how a professional baseball team cant simply challange a professional football team, and both sides get to keep their rules. They completely contradict each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
It wasn't the server that was good, the ideas, or even the kingdoms.

It was the players, you can't bring back none of the old servers, because you are missing the players that went with them. Its like drinking a drink, with just a cup and nothing inside it.

EX:
Graal 3000
Graal2001
Elven Lands

You can't bring them back, because the players you were with will not be back.. and theirfore, people will refuse to play.

Just a theory
Even if this were the case, then you will find that a good majority of forum users are Graal2001 freaks
Old 07-25-2005, 03:08 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
I'd rather see kingdoms run by humans. I don't think the kingdoms need reworked at all.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:25 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
I'd rather see kingdoms run by humans. I don't think the kingdoms need reworked at all.
But I'm confused. You said there was no such thing as negative progress, and that any change would be for the better.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:42 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Up to this point I loved Koni's 2k1 ideas and progress 10-fold... but after hearing his intial kingdom ideas, namely the NPC king idea, I am rather turned off and quite dissapointed.

Not only that, Lance has Gryffon with him, and with that a huge advantage in the kingdoms category.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:00 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
But I'm confused. You said there was no such thing as negative progress, and that any change would be for the better.
Lance, when a former detractor compliments you, it's usually better not to try and stab them in the foot.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:31 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Lance, when a former detractor compliments you, it's usually better not to try and stab them in the foot.
It wasn't a 'stab'. Believe it or not, that post was designed to stimulate some thought and perhaps even receive an answer. After all, it's tough to figure out what people really mean when they say mutually contradictory stuff.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Konidias isn't make Graal2001, he's sounding as if he is but he isn't. You people want anything, if it had the name you'd end up playing it.

The new tileset is horrible anyway
Old 07-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan
Konidias isn't make Graal2001, he's sounding as if he is but he isn't. You people want anything, if it had the name you'd end up playing it.

The new tileset is horrible anyway
You don't know what I'm making. Are you part of the dev team? No. I really don't care for your opinion because you don't like me in the first place so anything I make is going to be terrible in your eyes.

I'm making this playerworld because I enjoy doing stuff like this and I want to be able to relive the good times I had on 2k1. This is not my job and I'm not getting paid to do it. I'd appreciate it if people didn't treat it as such. If you don't like my idea, that is fine. You don't have to play my server, you can play Lance's. But it's quite funny how all of the sudden when Lance announces a release date for his server, I lose a lot of supporters for mine.

It shows me that most people just want ANYTHING. I'm sure Lance is very thrilled about taking my supporters away, and it shows in his smug remarks that he has made. This isn't a contest and it never was. I never intended to be competing with Lance's 2k1.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:31 PM
No sleep till brooklyn!
URBANLEGEND is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to URBANLEGEND Send a message via AIM to URBANLEGEND Send a message via MSN to URBANLEGEND Send a message via Yahoo to URBANLEGEND
Konidias, why don't you stop hating Lance, come out of your mental box and wakeup to what you were doing? It's clear a large part of your motivation is out of hate for Lance, which is probably why you seem to be sure that Lance is thrilled about "taking your supporters away". You should never have started this project to begin with. You could have joined Lance's project, and I find it very selfish of you that you would go off on your own, proudly attempting to erect from the ruins of other people's work some glorious shrine of what you think things should be...so, what? Lance's and other people's hard work to revive the server should go to waste if people like yours better? Someone is wasting their time with this, and since Lance was ahead of you, I am glad you lost supporters, then, especially since you've been so defiant to receiving outside help. One day you may realize how much of a good thing you've ignored. As for Lance, good job, and keep up the good work. Do not feel discouraged, you have every right to attempt to make a good server for people.

Love, Antago
Old 07-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Old Bee
I don't hate Lance, and I think you're a fool to believe I started this entire project because I hate Lance. That is just stupid.

I started my own version of 2k1 because I wanted complete creative freedom with it. I don't hate Lance but I doubt his abilities as a manager and I feel that working with him would be a waste of my time in the long run.

It's selfish of me to want to do my own thing? I don't see why I should be forced to work under Lance just because he's been sitting on the project for a year. People seem to forget that he was promising stuff in November of last year and is only now starting to actually do anything again.

Their hard work isn't going to go to waste if mine is better. They enjoyed making it and that is all that matters. Again, you act like we're all in competition and we are only making servers because it's our job. Nobody commanded them to remake 2k1.

Again, Lance's server may have been online first, but I don't see any other difference in it. Why support the guy who hasn't gotten anything done when he had the ability to do so? If I would have had the server since November and very little progress had been made, would you be supporting me simply because I had the server first?

I hope you realize that I developed a lot of the content for the original 2k1, and that I also managed the server. It's not like I'm just stealing it all and claiming it's all mine.

Anyway, I'm tired of fighting about this. At the end of August both of our servers will be released and it's up to the players to decide THEN which server they would rather play. I just think it's silly to be declaring which server you're going to play without even experiencing it yet.