Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Would you rather see N-Pulse become an iPhone server, or PC server.. based off post.
iPhone 3 10.71%
PC 19 67.86%
Dont care 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Classic Developer.
TheGodAngelo is just really niceTheGodAngelo is just really niceTheGodAngelo is just really nice
if you went for the pc you'd have to deal with the ridiculous trial restrictions and payment plans that are strangling the life out of pc graal. the quality of the servers have little to do with player count, the iphone servers themselves prove this. take a dress up doll game with no quests, highly corrupt staff and an inflexible system. make it free to play and then the players will come.

so if you want more players for less work with less quality, go to the iphone.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
Ray, bad side of me? I am not allowed to defend myself, and the project I believe in because someone has been hassling me for days? I am just over it Ray.
Never said it was bad, I'd label more as misguided irritation if anything at all.

I just don't want to see this fighting on this topic, really.
I'm just more or less advising a more proper approach to the problem.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
In all honesty, I didn't realise there was such a problem brewing. Everyone I have talked to have been pretty good with their inputs and mixed opinions. I like to think I take it all aboard and make the right choice for everyone.. I can most certainly tell you that it's not everything my way.. I would of done a few things differently.. but I listen to my team, and I am happy to go along with the majority.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Making Levels
zerxusgraal will become famous soon enough
Hey hey
Im glad to see so much interest in n-pulse, however not so much the anger n hate
Currently we are aiming for iphone, why? Mainly because thats where the players are..
After reading here i realized many ppl still love np and dont have / dont want it to be iphone, i did not think about that earlier (weird)
Oh well.. I got an idea.
I will As a side project make a world for the pc players, starting very small adding more as time goes, this place will be accessible for players and it will have playaböe content, not just levels to idle in..
If you really want n-pulse to stay pc then please come online and show your interest.
This will have to wait a few days though as im very busy rl atm with work and vacation plans, i will try n get it done asap though
If you like the idea then stick around for more info, if you dont thats fine. Have a nice day! See you on N-Pulse
Old 07-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
The answer should really depend on what you're trying to achieve exactly.

For instance, if you're going by 'where the players are', the solution is obvious. Keep in mind however that you would most likely have limited creative freedom as existing iPhone staff beneath Stefan tend to, have to make more profit orientated updates, and would be working with a higher amount of technical restrictions, mainly scripts would need to be optimised. So it could also be challenging to maintain a decent level of quality.

If your goal is to create a better version of the server which appeases players both old and new, PC would be more suitable. But ofcourse it's difficult to remain optimistic for a long enough period of time in an environment which is so stagnant and lacking in players. This however can be attributed to the negligent decisions and lack of support from above over all these years, while this does make it even more difficult than it should be, it's unlikely to change unless someone does step up to the plate.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
I would of done a few things differently.. but I listen to my team, and I am happy to go along with the majority.
I think the reason I am so upset is because you are trying to please an audience that does not exist yet, n-pulse iphone community of the future. When I was more concerned with the current community. Since the majority of the community thusfar seems to be leaning twards PC. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerxusgraal View Post
I will As a side project make a world for the pc players, starting very small adding more as time goes, this place will be accessible for players and it will have playaböe content, not just levels to idle in..
If you really want n-pulse to stay pc then please come online and show your interest.
This will have to wait a few days though as im very busy rl atm with work and vacation plans, i will try n get it done asap though
If you like the idea then stick around for more info, if you dont thats fine. Have a nice day! See you on N-Pulse
It would have to have some playable content. For example, quests or some sort of story. Maybe a small spar (nems?). But it would be interesting to see how many players would show interest even on a SMALL world if you did have such things. I think if done correctly you would be surprised.

However, I believe Ducati stated before that the PC and iPhone server would be similar? Being the reason I was unsuitable to develop for pc while she did iPhone. So not sure why or how it would be a side project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
The answer should really depend on what you're trying to achieve exactly.

For instance, if you're going by 'where the players are', the solution is obvious. Keep in mind however that you would most likely have limited creative freedom as existing iPhone staff beneath Stefan tend to, have to make more profit orientated updates, and would be working with a higher amount of technical restrictions, mainly scripts would need to be optimised. So it could also be challenging to maintain a decent level of quality.

If your goal is to create a better version of the server which appeases players both old and new, PC would be more suitable. But ofcourse it's difficult to remain optimistic for a long enough period of time in an environment which is so stagnant and lacking in players. This however can be attributed to the negligent decisions and lack of support from above over all these years, while this does make it even more difficult than it should be, it's unlikely to change unless someone does step up to the plate.
That's about how I would look at it. I think you just said it a bit better then me.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerxusgraal View Post
Hey hey
Im glad to see so much interest in n-pulse, however not so much the anger n hate
Currently we are aiming for iphone, why? Mainly because thats where the players are..
After reading here i realized many ppl still love np and dont have / dont want it to be iphone, i did not think about that earlier (weird)
Oh well.. I got an idea.
I use metro...last I knew, they don't have iphone, lol...and an ipad just isn't in my budget right now, sadly, or I would definitely play. My biggest joy when I first started playing Graal, was the pk'ing with a big bunch of people. On N-Pulse, when we would all go on level3 to have PK fests was so much fun, but when the player count dwindled when it was no longer free, I didn't feel the joy that I did before. I love doing quests, but once they are done...they are done. It would be nice to have some quests where maybe the prize changes, or something to make them do-able again. I don't know. I just really liked pking with a bunch of people. I miss it, alot.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-03-2012, 04:36 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Way larger community on Iphone as well as more potential for long term success because with iPhone its f2p and thousands from the Classic and Era Iphone servers would come over. I'd rather see it on both, but if stefan wont permit it, then on iPhone and Facebook to allow the whole community to play.

Also keep in mind this poll is biased as it is posted on the pc Graal forums. post it on an iPhone Graal fansite like graalians.com and your results would be quite the opposite.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:37 AM
Banned
Okay - we will all re-chat and decided again, from reading all this, as to where we think we will go.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:41 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I use metro...last I knew, they don't have iphone, lol...and an ipad just isn't in my budget right now, sadly, or I would definitely play. My biggest joy when I first started playing Graal, was the pk'ing with a big bunch of people. On N-Pulse, when we would all go on level3 to have PK fests was so much fun, but when the player count dwindled when it was no longer free, I didn't feel the joy that I did before. I love doing quests, but once they are done...they are done. It would be nice to have some quests where maybe the prize changes, or something to make them do-able again. I don't know. I just really liked pking with a bunch of people. I miss it, alot.
If they release it on the iOS then you will most likely be able to play it through FB Graal on the PC for free, so you won't miss out on anything and have your "big group of people PKing" experience.

Take it from someone who went ahead and played iClassic then continued to log a few hours on it. That certain charm is still there.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:50 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
Also keep in mind this poll is biased as it is posted on the pc Graal forums. post it on an iPhone Graal fansite like graalians.com and your results would be quite the opposite.
I know, I said that to them when they were 'daring me' to post it.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:29 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I highly recommend players and especially staff register on http://www.npulse-graal.com Lets get the npulsian community back together !

A lot of information will be posted as we make choices and progress.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
At what time does the iServer's get watered down with to many choices of servers and the playercount slowly dwindles? I mean the number of iPhone servers is more then doubling while the number of iPhone buyers is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
Way larger community on Iphone as well as more potential for long term success because with iPhone its f2p and thousands from the Classic and Era Iphone servers would come over. I'd rather see it on both, but if stefan wont permit it, then on iPhone and Facebook to allow the whole community to play.

Yeah but she even listed 7 people. While not all 7 people thought iPhone would be best even if you count it. The vote is 10 to 11.. The point of the vote being on THIS forum is that the N-Pulse community is PC based. It never was an iphone server so it doesnt have an iCrowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
If they release it on the iOS then you will most likely be able to play it through FB Graal on the PC for free, so you won't miss out on anything and have your "big group of people PKing" experience.

Take it from someone who went ahead and played iClassic then continued to log a few hours on it. That certain charm is still there.
They just need to make the FB version less laggy. I can hardly walk across the level without major hicups. Stefan has stated that the PC Client will be F2P tho, Tig has even verified it. As to when, we don't know.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
At what time does the iServer's get watered down with to many choices of servers and the playercount slowly dwindles? I mean the number of iPhone servers is more then doubling while the number of iPhone buyers is not.
It would be interesting to see some numbers on the overlap between Era iPhone and Classic iPhone players.

I suspect servers like Kingdoms iPhone will likely draw almost an entirely different playerbase. This isn't like PC Graal where new players are scarce and servers compete for the same ~500 active players. iPhone servers have the ability to attract players without stealing them from the other iPhone servers.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:52 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
iCommunity is obviously a larger playerbase so to have an iPhone release is probably more worth it, it just depends on whether you can grab some ~100 players out of the thousands that play iEra and iClassic.

If UN is struggling imagine how Npulse will do. ;/
I feel like N-Pulse would probably end up with a lot of UN's playercount.
Closed Thread