Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 04:47 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
the only thing you listed that actually differs from typical PMs/comments is being able to communicate without needing the player and the staff online at the same time. so I guess in the end, you are getting something out of this system, but I still firmly believe that it wasn't a complete necessity as if you couldn't solve issues without it. that's just my opinion though.
That's like saying the gui-based gang system shouldn't have been made because chat commands worked just as well...I'm stretching a bit, but we should probably just remove the trade system since players can just as easily trade by dropping.

The point is that this system makes solving problems easier, and more efficient. It is an improvement.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Yeah but in what aspect? You only kept GP's even though over half are not active, and were part of the problem of unanswered questions in the first place.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:30 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Yeah but in what aspect? You only kept GP's even though over half are not active, and were part of the problem of unanswered questions in the first place.
GPs cannot handle most of the problems that the support center is designed to address. Player Relations staff still get PMs for monitoring trades, catching hackers, etc
Old 08-18-2009, 05:38 AM
Hired/Fired
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
GPs cannot handle most of the problems that the support center is designed to address. Player Relations staff still get PMs for monitoring trades, catching hackers, etc
You missed the point completely.

Player Relations staff are currently the same as the GP team (Roster) so you actually did not combine the positions. You just changed the name, and gave it a new gui

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

Old 08-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Player Relations staff are currently the same as the GP team (Roster) so you actually did not combine the positions. You just changed the name, and gave it a new gui
They are now expected to answer FAQ questions (if they didn't already though). But basically theres no more FAQs
Old 08-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:

You're missing the point of the support center. The people who respond are not just PRs...just about every staff member is given access to his/her appropriate department. For example, PRs handle the "Police" and "Questions About Era" categories.

I myself have been checking tickets non-stop.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Hired/Fired
They are GP's. They ignored questions when they came there way, or they are inactive. They aren't going to change with what they are supposed to do. I know there is no more FAQ which is a disappointment considering I took it serious unlike everyone else who had the job but w.e., I'm still going to help people because I know the new system=fail

Eric Hoffer

Old 08-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Finger lickin' good.
I think it is also important to stress that not everyone can read your tickets.

If you send me a ticket in the Staff Complaints department complaining about a staff member, they will not be able to see it. Staff only have access to what falls under their job description (you won't find a LAT or PR dealing with Events Team issues).
Old 08-18-2009, 05:52 AM
sam_is_me is on a distinguished road
Hm.. I think until they get a newbie course, there might be some ticket flooding of "newbie" questions, but other than that not too big of a deal.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Hired/Fired
I submitted a ticket about being harassed by a person and it keeps getting deleted without response.

Eric Hoffer

Old 08-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
I submitted a ticket about being harassed by a person and it keeps getting deleted without response.
I see one ticket from you which was nothing more than spam and was closed with a warning. Other than that, I see zero tickets from you that have been deleted. If you truly have a problem, send me forum PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:11 AM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
There should also be notification when you get a response to your ticket or when your ticket has been closed. I can tell I will forget about a ticket completely untill someone mentions it.

Also, the GUI still keeps popping up when I login Era. I thought it was fixed?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:41 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
@charlieM
This system is an improvement and thats it.
Why do you care if Era has this? what does it bother you?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Hired/Fired
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
@charlieM
This system is an improvement and thats it.
Why do you care if Era has this? what does it bother you?
Explain how it is an improvement. Otherwise it isn't

Eric Hoffer

Old 08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Explain how it is an improvement. Otherwise it isn't
Why did you lie in the first place?

This is an improvement, now people will actually get help when they send in a ticket after atleast 2-3 days.

But when you send in a global ticket or PM a staff member in game you get help after about a week or never.