Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A new version (5.261) has been packaged and will be released soon. Following modifications have been done:
- fixed mouse wheel scrolling
- fixed keys getting stuck when pressing the Alt key
- improved switch from fullscreen to window mode
- the setup is working, if possible test this by renaming Graal.exe to GraalSetup.exe (it has now a scripted folder selection for better compatibility or later use on other platforms)
Old 08-22-2010, 04:42 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg will become famous soon enough
Still wanting to check out how this beta performs...
Old 08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
I'm intrigued too, and I wonder how soon.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A new version (5.261) has been packaged and will be released soon. Following modifications have been done:
- fixed mouse wheel scrolling
- fixed keys getting stuck when pressing the Alt key
- improved switch from fullscreen to window mode
- the setup is working, if possible test this by renaming Graal.exe to GraalSetup.exe (it has now a scripted folder selection for better compatibility or later use on other platforms)
These all seem to be functioning correctly. There is another bug I have found which I thought had already been reported but going through all the pages I couldn't find it. Tile related.

V5: v6:

Notice in the V6 one, where there were pure black tiles suddenly became "Motion blurred". The post I thought had already pointed this out was relating to the Laser Tag lobby (Also on Era).

v5: v6:

• Also, if the client (v5.261) has been running for an extended period of time and you try to close it, the client stops responding. I'm not entirely sure exactly how long "extended period of time" is, but long enough to have a decent game play session and ready to close it.

Sidenote: I'm not entirely sure if this counts towards the "Slowdowns" you mentioned before when altering the Log Window, but it appears the memory leak is back in this version. After an hour of gameplay, the Graal.exe process got upwards of 250,000K - 350,000 K Memory (Private Working Set). This has only happened to me once as I haven't spent longer than an hour on it today, but it had at least stopped going anywhere near that high (Most ever was 100,000K) in previous betas.

Also, there are still a few things on the first page by Tig's first post that aren't fixed. Things like canresize, canclose, etc on external windows.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Sidenote: I'm not entirely sure if this counts towards the "Slowdowns" you mentioned before when altering the Log Window, but it appears the memory leak is back in this version. After an hour of gameplay, the Graal.exe process got upwards of 250,000K - 350,000 K Memory (Private Working Set). This has only happened to me once as I haven't spent longer than an hour on it today, but it had at least stopped going anywhere near that high (Most ever was 100,000K) in previous betas.
Have you checked if there was a lot of stuff in the log window?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
What?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	what.PNG
Views:	599
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	51589  
Old 08-30-2010, 06:55 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What?
It's been happening for like a year, ever since external windows came out (at least on Mac, not sure if it's new on Windows).
Old 08-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Have you checked if there was a lot of stuff in the log window?
I haven't checked, but after an hour of gameplay it would be easy to assume the log window gets pretty large during a single session, yeah.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What?
Seems to be a problem of the script, like using fixed font size for calculation of the text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
V5: v6:
The problem might be that some tilesets are containing transparent pixels, someone should fix the tileset if that is not intended.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
The problem might be that some tilesets are containing transparent pixels, someone should fix the tileset if that is not intended.
Happens on pics1 lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM
handsome
Catbert has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It ain't Stefan's fault... he tried so hard but he's still a victim of these streets...
Old 09-06-2010, 12:40 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I was reading this in some update file:
PHP Code:
when another game (or another Graal windowis going into fullscreen then
    Graal is correctly reinitialized after closing the other game 
but this is not working for me. If I hold the Windows key and press L to switch users, then I log back into my username, Graal will be frozen and I have to restart it. This is quite annoying because it's automatically doing this every time I go AFK and screensaver pops up. Also in Windows 7/Vista, if a window pops up asking for permission to use administrator privileges it will freeze Graal permanently until I restart it.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 09-06-2010, 02:08 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg will become famous soon enough
What?!?!? Public Beta?!?!?
Old 09-06-2010, 05:37 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I was reading this in some update file:
PHP Code:
when another game (or another Graal windowis going into fullscreen then
    Graal is correctly reinitialized after closing the other game 
but this is not working for me. If I hold the Windows key and press L to switch users, then I log back into my username, Graal will be frozen and I have to restart it. This is quite annoying because it's automatically doing this every time I go AFK and screensaver pops up. Also in Windows 7/Vista, if a window pops up asking for permission to use administrator privileges it will freeze Graal permanently until I restart it.
Resize the window and it will work again
Old 09-06-2010, 05:38 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
what???? where's the beta download link????????????

EDIT:

Stefan please make v6 not lag on windows 7 thanks

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?

Tags
graal v6, windows