Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What should Graal do?
Scratch the Graal3d project 40 68.97%
Keep going on the path we are on. 18 31.03%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Ah.. if that's the case.. then that's not good.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:04 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe me, the one who complains about everything, is one of the only people who want Graal 3D. lol
Old 10-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Like I said in another thread, I only play Graal because it is one of vey few online 2D games that you can develop on yourself. If I wanted to play a 3D game, I would play a game from *one of the big ones*.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
No.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned
Magadal will become famous soon enough
Graal is supposed to be 2D, and it should not become 3D.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magadal View Post
You don't have to play the 3D part. It's not like UN will suddenly become 3D.
Even with Graal's professional staff I don't think they can make enough 3D gothic baby heads to meet UN's needs.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Even with Graal's professional staff I don't think they can make enough 3D gothic baby heads to meet UN's needs.
LOL well said
Old 10-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magadal View Post
Since when did you take Unixmad's throne?
Old 10-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Real power lies in the hands of the people when trying to sell a product. So if the people dont want 3D there shall and shouldnt be 3D..that is if Unixmad makes a smart buisness decision based on this.

I think people are concerned about 3D because they relize that it takes time to create. The time in which they think The Graal Administration could be using more wisely on the 2D part.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I've looked at the screenshots and I dont really want to play it.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 10-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I don't care a whole lot about the Graal3D server, but I love the idea of being able to develop things in 3D. Sorry to mention another MMO, but Second Life allows its users to work on creating enviornments of their own, as well as objects, characters, and so forth, and has been very successful with that feature. Graal has sort of the same thing going on, but it's also sort of stuck in the same mode it was in 1998, with a few small changes caused by client updates and a new scripting language.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You don't have to play the 3D part. It's not like UN will suddenly become 3D.
No, the real problem with Graal3D is that it's going to take attention away from Graal2D and that is not good. Graal has been and always should be, a 2D game. If a 3D version becomes available you're going to be dividing the community both player-wise and developer-wise.

Honestly there are plenty of enough 3D online games out there... if I wanted to play those, I wouldn't be here. While it seems all exciting and new and great... it's not going to benefit Graal2D in any way... but instead it will hurt it.

Because I have a feeling if Graal3D ever gets released, Cyberjoueurs will put it on the front line of Graal and it's all you're going to see or hear about. The website would be changed to show the 3D pictures and graphics... the forums would have bigger sections for the 3D stuff... the whole central point would move to the 3D stuff and I just don't want to see that happen. Eventually it would end up as outsiders seeing Graal as some run of the mill 3D online game, with some sort of left behind, dying 2D version.

Sure, games like Zelda *cough* made the jump from 2D to 3D... but that doesn't mean a 2D version of Zelda on the Nintendo Wii would fail. In fact, it would do as good, if not better than a 3D version. I thoroughly enjoyed the Zelda games for the gameboy advance, which were in 2D. I just have this feeling that Unixmad is afraid people prefer 3D to 2D and is trying to put all his resources into that.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't mind for example Era in 3D, or Zone in 3D. In my opinion both would be fun to play. But things like Classic servers and GK would just be silly.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I say, imrpove Graals 2D engine instead. You cant both do 2D and 3D, it just wont work.. and I think you would have more players if you keep doing it 2D. The flying stuff is an awesome adition, would be nice with tile layers next (could make platforms!).

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I say, imrpove Graals 2D engine instead. You cant both do 2D and 3D, it just wont work.. and I think you would have more players if you keep doing it 2D. The flying stuff is an awesome adition, would be nice with tile layers next (could make platforms!).
Graal 2D just needs more servers/better content, it's fine the way it is.