Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Deek2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by --Chris--
Don't be silly, there are actually future plans for the GGT. If I recall correctly Unixmad mentioned something about global graphic uploads and such going back into effect. Secondly, I do way too much for it to go down.

I don't see the point, right now the GGT is pretty much useless.

Quote:

*Assists administration servers (classic, 2k1, 2k2)

Which already have their own graphics teams, might I remark. I still don't see your point.
Quote:
*Moderates graphical content on Playerworlds

Eh, looks like a Playerworld Admin's job to me. Even if you could do that, it'd still be handed over to the playerworld inspectors, so there really isn't any point.

Quote:
*Assists with graphic problems/questions the population may present to us"

Ahahahahah. They can just go on any server and ask a FAQ those questions and most likely get them answered. If they can't, then they can ask the graphics team. I don't see the point in asking you nor any of the other team members when all of them are practically gone and the only one that's "active" only does ganis.
Quote:
Hiring isn't really neccessary,

Yes, it sure isn't, if you want to prove my point about the team being inactive.

Quote:
just read some guy saying I don't pixel..umm...what?? Stop making assumptions,

That's fine, except that's not your priority on the GGT.
Quote:
I can show you alot of things I've made for Graal. Furthermore I'm a valuable asset to the team for reasons mentioned by Zen and I'm talented in both areas (gfx and ganis.)
Hmmm, I'd like to see these "graphics" you're speaking of.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:46 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
"I don't see the point, right now the GGT is pretty much useless." - Deek

If you had access to the GGT forums you'd see how much is done. Dude, the PWA is almost made inferior in the section of moderating graphical content.

"Which already have their own graphics teams, might I remark. I still don't see your point." - Deek

Which I'm a part of.

"Eh, looks like a Playerworld Admin's job to me. Even if you could do that, it'd still be handed over to the playerworld inspectors, so there really isn't any point." - Deek

Sorry to burst your bubble but most playerworld managers/admins are incompetent of following these rules thus some of the reasons GGT, GST and PWA exist. Now why would it be handed over to the PWA/playerworld inspectors? I sometimes have to rely on people like Angel when I don't get co-operation from the player-world's staff but so do the PWA.

"Ahahahahah. They can just go on any server and ask a FAQ those questions and most likely get them answered. If they can't, then they can ask the graphics team. I don't see the point in asking you nor any of the other team members when all of them are practically gone and the only one that's "active" only does ganis. " - Deek

Aren't you aware your point is invalid because it works the same way for me? Why ask the FAQ or graphics team when I'm around?
I do graphics also Doosh but more on my own terms. Read Doosh (heh, that's a nice nickname for ya <3)

The team isn't inactive, I'm on tag and perform my duties quite efficiently daily and I'm positive I'm getting more work done individually than many have combined in the same time-span.

"just read some guy saying I don't pixel..umm...what?? Stop making assumptions,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's fine, except that's not your priority on the GGT. " - Deek

Sure it isn't but I do graphics for the respective servers the GGT is supposed to assist anyway. "Assist" also implies they don't do everything thrown at them, the only thing I've turned down is that big house/telescope thing Haunter/Shadowless asked me for which is exceptionally understandable. Hey Zen *prods* change my rank to "multi"? (lmao...)

"Hmmm, I'd like to see these "graphics" you're speaking of." - Deek

Sure:

Note that some of these have been improved since.

Edit: What is this? Attack of the GGT by ignorant, possibly envious gfx artist?
Attached Files
File Type: zip somegfx.zip (14.2 KB, 198 views)

Old 02-03-2004, 04:48 AM
The Great Nappa
Nappa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nappa
Not only is Chris a hot sexy man beast, he is a good gfx artist and gani maker. He's also organized and crap.

He's good for the job, if not the best. In my opinion, he'd be a better admin then Zen, but its doubtful Zen will ever quit.

Stop ragging on Chris just because your not as sexy as him.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:04 AM
Deek2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Edit: What is this? Attack of the GGT by ignorant, possibly envious gfx artist?
I'm not envious, I don't see what's soo great about those graphics that you just showed. Maybe it's because you picked really poor choices or something, I don't know.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:16 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
I was more-so refering to my position =p Some of the things posted have been touched up but not on this pc (example the FAQ hat, heh that was one of my first X_x)

Old 02-03-2004, 06:12 AM
LordZen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LordZen Send a message via AIM to LordZen Send a message via Yahoo to LordZen
Once again, our services are offered as a resource. We are there if we are needed. It is recognized that the admin servers already have graphic teams, if help is needed to pick up the slack than that is what we are here for.

Its also blatently obvious that myself and Chris are not the only people who know anything about graphics lol, but if somebody comes to us for answer than we are there to offer our help. I browse the graphic forums frequently and I would expect other members of the team to try and do so too.

There are usage rights questions also that I must make final decisions on that many others probably couldnt say for sure one way or the other.

Also what other members are you talking about who are inactive? lol When is the last time you looked at the roster I wonder. I was hesitant to remove Garel because I needed to talk to Stefan about him. The others have been removed for some time.

Our priority is moderating PWs for gfx content. This is something the PWA simply shouldnt have to do and really cant do given all their other responsibilities and limited resources.

Click the picture!

FYI: I've pretty much retired from this game as it stands. Yep..

Contact Info
AIM: xxwarlordzenxx (not used so much anymore)
MSN: warlordzen(a)hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I heard they were pregnant from the same father from a VERY reliable tabloid a couple years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Etien, you are the best proof I have ever seen that the human gene pool has algee.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:47 AM
galase galase!
mhermher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
I have finished my grass tutorial!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grasstutorial.png
Views:	1971
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	27227  

Adiarde Manager
Old 02-03-2004, 04:14 PM
galase galase!
Send a message via ICQ to mhermher Send a message via AIM to mhermher Send a message via Yahoo to mhermher
Quote:
Ugly Graphics:

Hey, thanks for stealing my old forest wand and claiming it yours.

The rest isn't that good.. don't think to high of them.. i think that Wan's helmet in his sig/avatar is alot better in shade, outline and overall graphics than "your" so called gfx.

Adiarde Manager
Old 02-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Muha_builder is on a distinguished road
forest shield rox gk's sox it really like it and nice grass tutorial and im sure chris is on the ggt team for a reason and now most of you guys are just acting jalous like in my eyes and i use and alot.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally posted by mhermher

Hey, thanks for stealing my old forest wand and claiming it yours.

The rest isn't that good.. don't think to high of them.. i think that Wan's helmet in his sig/avatar is alot better in shade, outline and overall graphics than "your" so called gfx.
Hey thanks !
Lol :P
O-sorry I didn't mention this in my other post, Well I don't know Karsh so... Well you know people who don't post here are good?
Only because they don't post here dosn't mean they have a talent, same happend with bloo untill he made archaic basically...
The forest shield on graal is edited, chris probably did the outline whilst some 1 coloured the middle in (not that yours isn't allready)!
Old 02-03-2004, 05:44 PM
galase galase!
Quote:
Originally posted by WanDaMan

Hey thanks !
Lol :P
O-sorry I didn't mention this in my other post, Well I don't know Karsh so... Well you know people who don't post here are good?
Only because they don't post here dosn't mean they have a talent, same happend with bloo untill he made archaic basically...
The forest shield on graal is edited, chris probably did the outline whilst some 1 coloured the middle in (not that yours isn't allready)!
Not forest shield, forest wand.. i did the outline and all.. all he did was move the gem to the top.

Lame.
L-Lame.
L-l-Lame.

Adiarde Manager
Old 02-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Master Tux
Wow cool, I didn't know that !
Old 02-03-2004, 07:32 PM
LordZen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LordZen Send a message via AIM to LordZen Send a message via Yahoo to LordZen
Might help to actually read the thread before replying. I have already stated the special purpose Chris serves on the team. Ganis. And he is mature enough to handle his position responsibly.

Click the picture!

FYI: I've pretty much retired from this game as it stands. Yep..

Contact Info
AIM: xxwarlordzenxx (not used so much anymore)
MSN: warlordzen(a)hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I heard they were pregnant from the same father from a VERY reliable tabloid a couple years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffonDurime
Etien, you are the best proof I have ever seen that the human gene pool has algee.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Androk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by mhermher
thanks for stealing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry that just made me want to laugh out loud, while hitting my head on a table from the hilarity of that statement.

On a side note, the tomatoe tree looks like an edit of a project I had done for Graal 2001 long ago. Might I ask: The hell? Are they actually using that? And why are all the GFX I made for Graal 2001 get redone?! I am deeply hurt

Name: Androk
Old 02-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Master Tux
Because the people have to do a re-colour because they can't pixelate