Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
The supporters was not a good way for a tie-breaking decision, and if it had to be there, it should have been two or three recomendations -- A paragraph from the supporters explaining why they want this person to represent them in the PWA. It does not matter that much to me that I was not selected because I left out 3 supporters because of the way the resume should have been, not just listing some names of staff on a server.

And I am going to take back the comments I said about Kish, everyone deserves a second chance, even a third. She knows what she had done wrong on Babylon, and is over that -- she paid the price. So lets just no jump to conclusions until you hear both sides of the story. :o
Old 05-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Banned
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Send a message via AIM to Nemesis
Quote:
Originally posted by Angel

. She had a good application and elaborated on some of the points above.... Good Point. She is "notorious for causing trouble", No Forum Activity,Makes ugly levels,Removed from management role like 3 times. Quit like twice. Good Going Team!
And you are little miss perfect? Palease...I mean everyone has faults, yet you post about crap and backstab your own team members? I mean who can trust you. Look at yourself before you sit here and try to eliminate your co-workers when I hear nothing but good about them and negativity about your work. So you need to stop posting here period, or there will be reprocussions to this... I will not stand for staff posting about the team. I think the GST is well put but the fact is that that saga is over and the teams worth has been proven and it is well documented that it is doing as much good as it can....

Yet you whined and quit PWA because you have a problem with authority and cannot take orders because you need to be in charge. Heh , yet you are bashing someone? Palease. Go do your work...And leave this thread

P.S. Do not be mad since you did not pass your application then got onto the GST. Like I said do your work and be good at it and quit posting nonesense when you have no right to speak on the subject when their are faults against you as well on.

Everyone deserves a second chance of faith of doing something great, you get yours, others get theirs, why exclude people and single them out?
Old 05-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
The supporters was not a good way for a tie-breaking decision, and if it had to be there, it should have been two or three recomendations -- A paragraph from the supporters explaining why they want this person to represent them in the PWA. It does not matter that much to me that I was not selected because I left out 3 supporters because of the way the resume should have been, not just listing some names of staff on a server.

And I am going to take back the comments I said about Kish, everyone deserves a second chance, even a third. She knows what she had done wrong on Babylon, and is over that -- she paid the price. So lets just no jump to conclusions until you hear both sides of the story. :o
Coming through in the clutch huh? As I put it before.

History is erased people change, she was removed because I was told she quit by like everyone and she tried to come back as staff and I was not having that because she quit and it was not her place to come back, so a new manager was appointed and then it just became a battle of who did what and it was solved privately I believe then now babylon is attempting to make a push towards something but it will get there slowly...

People need to understand, I've spoken about this way to many times, anyhow...The applications still stand where they are, no sense in fighting over who was hired because if they are not meant for the job it will arise, if they are then those who are wrong deserve to man an appology towards those who they said were not fit to be a part of the team.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:46 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Well, congrats to all.

Nemesis:
The reason we find it funny is because Kish never really did anything Dev based on Babylon. And they said she turned corrupt (not sure how much truth is in this).
These are two things that Aftershock named as things that he will look at in deciding the members. And it just happens that she is very good friends with you. It may be perfectly innocent. And it probably is. But some people don't think so.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Possibly Possessed
Qwert616 is on a distinguished road
Hm, congratulations to everyone who made it. I hope to see good things out of the new PW team.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis

And you are little miss perfect? Palease...I mean everyone has faults, yet you post about crap and backstab your own team members? I mean who can trust you. Look at yourself before you sit here and try to eliminate your co-workers when I hear nothing but good about them and negativity about your work. So you need to stop posting here period, or there will be reprocussions to this... I will not stand for staff posting about the team. I think the GST is well put but the fact is that that saga is over and the teams worth has been proven and it is well documented that it is doing as much good as it can....

Yet you whined and quit PWA because you have a problem with authority and cannot take orders because you need to be in charge. Heh , yet you are bashing someone? Palease. Go do your work...And leave this thread

P.S. Do not be mad since you did not pass your application then got onto the GST. Like I said do your work and be good at it and quit posting nonesense when you have no right to speak on the subject when their are faults against you as well on.

Everyone deserves a second chance of faith of doing something great, you get yours, others get theirs, why exclude people and single them out?

Alright. I do argee that she deserves a second chance. And no I am far from prefect. My problem wasnt with authority. I handle Authority pretty well. So I will leave this thread. I wish all of the team members the best of luck, If i can help at all I will. I am sorry for being imature in this thread. People can change i guess

P.S Im not mad. Also i got into GST then pulled my App.

Last edited by Angel; 05-06-2003 at 10:09 PM..
Old 05-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Mykel
Well, congrats to all.

Nemesis:
The reason we find it funny is because Kish never really did anything Dev based on Babylon. And they said she turned corrupt (not sure how much truth is in this).
These are two things that Aftershock named as things that he will look at in deciding the members. And it just happens that she is very good friends with you. It may be perfectly innocent. And it probably is. But some people don't think so.
People may not think so...but typically everyone goes to her and other friends of mine to get to me and such, when I am on graal.

As Globals we all should have the common focus and goal. To help graal, and when people post negativity about it, and I am guilty of this with the GST posting but now all of us should come together and work as a unified team in making graal better than it is now and such.

People will think what they will and will hate things to hate things, but the majority should understand that a helping cause is trying focus on things, sure things are not done as fast as you like but they are being attempted...complications in this have arised, but we and myself are working hard to ensure the quality of the game remains so we can strive into the future
Old 05-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I still think that if you expected professionalism from us, than you could of done that same with setting up the applications. X_x

Some points could of been made by you like:
  • The application should emphasize the jobseeker’s skills and experience and NOT his/her work history. The history is irrelevant.
  • Descriptions should demonstrate the results he/she has achieved
  • DON'T get too personal. It is possible to give a reader too much information, and some things an employer or such a person just doesn't want to know.

Just small things like that, and also about the supporters, it should be recomendation notes, not just names, like I said in my last post. But, it doesn't matter now, it's over with. -_-
Old 05-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Mykel
Well, congrats to all.

Nemesis:
Aftershock and Nem both said that Nemesis had nothing to do with the hiring of Kish, so it really doesnt matter whether she is friends with him or not...trust me, if Aftershock says he will look at certain areas, you can take him at his word....I am sure that Aftershock looked at all areas when he chose, and chose the best out of the applications.
These kinds of posts always happen when new staff is hired...why not just give it some time for them to do their jobs before you start judging people (this goes to the ones voicing negativity towards certain PWA members).
Good luck to those hired, and to the ones who didnt get hired this time, There will be other oppurtunities in the future I'm sure.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Nemesis
So if you want to blame someone, blame yourself for A) Not applying B) Not writing enough C) Not trying as hard as you should and putting a lack luster application
Some of us might have applied had you not stopped accepting applications early. You said you would accept no more applications after that friday. That's great we have until friday to make revisions go over check for spelling, grammar, etc..
So we go to work/school and then fine out you stop accepting applications almost 18 hours before the deadline you had posted. Then you extend it a few hours doing any one who is at work/school absolutly no good since our applications are sitting on our desktop at home which we still wont get to until we get home and past even the second deadline. Now I'm not complaining or bickering about it nor have I previously because it's not the end of the world. But it would be nice if in the future you actually stick with the specified times you set rather than closing it almost a day early. It probably filtereted out alot of good candidates who are picky about the work and prefer not to hand in half arsed applications early but rather take the full time needed to make sure everything is the best it can possibly be.

To those who made it congrats and hope you enjoy doing it. I prefer to judge people on the actions they take rather than what I hear from other people and I'm sure they wouldn't have been hired if they didnt meet the qualifications needed.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 05-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by draygin

Some of us might have applied had you not stopped accepting applications early. You said you would accept no more applications after that friday. That's great we have until friday to make revisions go over check for spelling, grammar, etc..
So we go to work/school and then fine out you stop accepting applications almost 18 hours before the deadline you had posted. Then you extend it a few hours doing any one who is at work/school absolutly no good since our applications are sitting on our desktop at home which we still wont get to until we get home and past even the second deadline. Now I'm not complaining or bickering about it nor have I previously because it's not the end of the world. But it would be nice if in the future you actually stick with the specified times you set rather than closing it almost a day early. It probably filtereted out alot of good candidates who are picky about the work and prefer not to hand in half arsed applications early but rather take the full time needed to make sure everything is the best it can possibly be.

To those who made it congrats and hope you enjoy doing it. I prefer to judge people on the actions they take rather than what I hear from other people and I'm sure they wouldn't have been hired if they didnt meet the qualifications needed.
You had 7 days (168 hours) which is long enough to type up something and submit it. And people drop the kish stuff. Nem is REALLY annoyed on AIM that people cant see that she didn't get in for any other reason than her skills.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Congrats to all those who made the team! Now as far as the other comments posted here I only have this word of advice so take it or leave it, it’s your choice. I am sure there is 99.99% of all here trust and believe in Aftershock so he made his choices; so at least give them the benefit of the doubt here. Whether we believe they are the right choice doesn't matter, time will tell if they are or not and since we do have trust and belief in AfterShock, don't you think if someone doesn't work out he will correct this?? By bad mouthing anyone of the team you are bad mouthing Aftershocks ability to make decisions.

Nothing is 100% sure and there is no guarantees about anything in life so at least give your support to AfterShock and his Team you owe it to him and to Graal. We all make mistakes nobody here is perfect. It is not the point that we make mistakes but that we learn from them and try not to make those same mistakes again. Anyone can use this quote from me if you like... " A measure of a person is not judged by the mistakes they make but by the mistakes they overcome, this is the true measure of the human spirit." Yes this comes from me and not out of any book or quote from someone else, it is something I personally believe.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 05-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
I still think that if you expected professionalism from us, than you could of done that same with setting up the applications. X_x

Some points could of been made by you like:
  • The application should emphasize the jobseeker’s skills and experience and NOT his/her work history. The history is irrelevant.
  • Descriptions should demonstrate the results he/she has achieved
  • DON'T get too personal. It is possible to give a reader too much information, and some things an employer or such a person just doesn't want to know.

Just small things like that, and also about the supporters, it should be recomendation notes, not just names, like I said in my last post. But, it doesn't matter now, it's over with. -_-

Your application was good I said that....

But we all have a common goal and everyone does their part in being active on graal.

You have managers you may not agree with but they do work hard, regardless of what you believe and see.

A server takes a lot of time and dedication and you go through an extensive amount of hardships...as N-Pulse has for example with it's plague of staff members working then doing something they should of and can you blame them for having rules you expect people to follow? Strict rules or not, rules are rules and we try to enforce them so we can get a quality game here.

Sure this game is not the BEST graphical game, sure it may be "boring" but if you want to make it fun, think of ideas, learn to script, learn to make levels, if something "Sucks" try making it better by running ideas through people...You think all playerworlds suck? Make your own....Graal has a lot of possibilities but if we sit here and bash one another on the forums...through pm's, thought im's whatever...where would we be? No where just dragging out crap that should be squashed.

Anger made me say things because no matter what I try to do and have done everyone says "oh do it that way" etc etc...

I just want everyone to come together, realize the goals and strive for us to make a better graal...Are you going to get pissed off with things? YES, are you going to come to things you cannot control...YES...can we still make the best of our experience? YES! So for one I say sorry to those who felt I've done them wrong...but the job requires to put the best people in place, regardless of friendship, relationship, hatred, dislike whatever, if someone is meant to have the job they will have it.... I praised Shavo's application when most people who know him and I...we've had it out SEVERAL times back and forth...does he deserve a chance? yes, will he get one? you never know...that goes for everyone who has done wrong, people change...Sorry to Angel and everyone...

GST, PWA, Account Managers, all my staff simply do what they got to do, and all I can ask and you could ask of them, is that when they do work, they give it 100%, if they did and they cannot do anymore, why blame them? We are human, mistakes are made...it is just forgive those who are truly sorry for their mistakes and those who know and continue to make them on purpose should not be forgiven so easily...
Old 05-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Whether we believe they are the right choice doesn't matter, time will tell if they are or not and since we do have trust and belief in AfterShock, don't you think if someone doesn't work out he will correct this?? By bad mouthing anyone of the team you are bad mouthing Aftershocks ability to make decisions.
Not to mention itching towards the black-list for future applications I asume. Anyhow, give her a chance, its been what? 10-12hours? And your at her already? I don't want her to be forced off the team because of what people are saying.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:01 PM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910

You had 7 days (168 hours) which is long enough to type up something and submit it. And people drop the kish stuff. Nem is REALLY annoyed on AIM that people cant see that she didn't get in for any other reason than her skills.
It was 5 days Spark , it was posted on Sunday 4-13-03 11:32 PM (Night) and closed on Friday 4-18-03 3:00pm (Afternoon) not that it makes a difference.

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Closed Thread