Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2012, 03:11 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
That would be great, and you would do other things other than just Graal Kart right? It could have some great possibilities if you get it working properly.
Me? Probably not. I intend to do a little kart-game with it but that's it. But I will release the script(hence the need for it to be user-friendly) and what others do with it is up to them. You could use it for old RPG-style overworlds. Use it to create LttP-style map interfaces. But mimicking Duke Nukem? That's an entirely different type of 3d casting, as that would be raycasting instead of floorcasting.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Me? Probably not. I intend to do a little kart-game with it but that's it. But I will release the script(hence the need for it to be user-friendly) and what others do with it is up to them. You could use it for old RPG-style overworlds. Use it to create LttP-style map interfaces. But mimicking Duke Nukem? That's an entirely different type of 3d casting, as that would be raycasting instead of floorcasting.
Yeah, I was off with the duke nukem bit, but you could very easily make an interesting kind of survivor shooter regardless with enough planning.

Also could make one of those dodger games (like skiing and avoiding the trees)

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:47 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Almost like Graal3D, right? Right?

Right... ;_;
Old 05-16-2012, 04:59 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
PFA(Tolnaftate2004 up there) is taking a stab at the maths now. I trust his skills so I can't wait! In the mean time I will be having at the graphical side, doing some graphics, working no the parallax scrolling and such.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:56 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
I don't know who would know, but have you asked Thor or Fowl?
I feel like you are trying to seek for help through this thread,
not sure if you've advertised elsewhere, and everyone is
commenting with spam / not providing useful information
like myself.

I'd like to use this, only walking, in one quest. Mini quest...

I'm not sure who is good at math though, I've gotten only to trig and that was it.. I just tweak with things until they work also. :/

Even when I do find out equations that work, 1-2 weeks later I've forgotten what I've done and the whole thing confuses me, like my pet system. >.>;

I've love to help though. D:

I know ZeroG made a 3D Cube on Graal... doubt that helps though..

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Hezzy002 is a jewel in the roughHezzy002 is a jewel in the rough
Duke Nukem doesn't use ray casting, it's just polygons being traced out through a BSP tree and rasterized with a software rasterizer. You can't pull something of that calibur out of Graal, but you can do something like Wolf3D with floor casting if you use ray casting and this floor casting method in tandem.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:44 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
or Fowl?
Let it forever be known that mentally challenged Crono's math is better than FP4's.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I don't know who would know, but have you asked Thor or Fowl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Let it forever be known that mentally challenged Crono's math is better than FP4's.
No good asking me either it's WhiteDragon's job to do the mathematical thinking.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 AM
A decade of fun~ 'w'
linkrulz4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to linkrulz4
This mode.
It has a flavor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seeintoforever.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	825.9 KB
ID:	54636  
Old 05-17-2012, 07:50 AM
PFA went ahead and completely rescripted it into a PROPER 3D projection mode... and it is awesome

I'm still tweaking what he has, but so far it looks great! Ignore the temporary Mario graphics(sky)

Old 05-17-2012, 07:57 AM
A decade of fun~ 'w'
Talking

Quote:
PFA went ahead and completely rescripted it into a PROPER 3D projection mode... and it is awesome

I'm still tweaking what he has, but so far it looks great! Ignore the temporary Mario graphics(sky)

This is extremely interesting. I knew Graal was capable of rendering polygons, but I never imagined someone would actually accomplish this much with the client ever. Sir, this is by far the greatest thing I have ever seen scripted by a single man. You said you plan on making this public, yes?
Is there a plan to make this a third person camera, or would you have it as a first-person camera? I could easily see someone using this to create some sort of death-match game like DOOM. This adds a whole new level of possibilities to what kind of playerworlds or events people can create.

Also are those reflections just Photoshopped or did you really script that? Looks gorgeous, man.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:03 AM
PFA did all of the new 3D scripting, he gets the credit

And the reflections are all scripted
Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 AM
A decade of fun~ 'w'
Quote:

My hat goes off to both of you, then.
Solid work. This is exactly the innovation Graal needs.
Seriously, it's relieving to see such dedicated people creating such a revolutionary idea on the client and making it a reality. Again, that is simply amazing and really pushes past what we thought was the limits of the program.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
That is amazing.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Is it creating the reflection only initially or constantly refreshing. If it is constantly refreshing I thought that'd be rather intensive, no?
Also, does this have any lag overall as of yet?