Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
for someone who does not consistently take part in either sparring nor PKing (as you suck at it i presume) it would definitely seem like UN is as you described it - crappy events any server could have, mini-games like bowling and other bull**** that have no coherence with the rest of the server, and collecting hats. if this is all you regularly take part in, then yes, UN has no core, no soul, no plot, or anything that really separates it from the rest of the classic-styled servers. however, for those of use who do take part in PKing or sparring, that makes for the core of the server, and no further plot or overarching gameplay with quests is required
So would you be opposed to UN being classified as a "Sparring Server" as opposed to a "Classic Style Server"?
(not that I'm saying this is entirely what UN revolves around)
Old 11-24-2010, 09:31 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
So would you be opposed to UN being classified as a "Sparring Server" as opposed to a "Classic Style Server"?
(not that I'm saying this is entirely what UN revolves around)
yes i would agree with that as a subcategory
Old 11-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
yes i would agree with that as a subcategory
I think a main category of "Sparring Server" if not "Events Server" with sub-categories of "Classic Style" (as regardless of low standards Quests do exist there) aswell as "Economy Based" (Hats etc) would be more accurate.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
If UN isn't a Classic server and it has everything that Graal Classic had in its prime then I'd like to know what the **** a "Classic server" is.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
If UN isn't a Classic server and it has everything that Graal Classic had in its prime then I'd like to know what the **** a "Classic server" is.
There are big differences, the vast majority of Classics content was Quest content, it was the primary focus of construction eventually including a storyline and with the overworld being re-designed accordingly, the only versions where it wasn't so much like this and more simplistic were really before its prime though admittedly P2P had affected playercount badly in the middle of the evolution under Tyhm, events were nowhere near as sophisticated back then compared to the modern day and again didn't fully coincide with the prime of the server, Hat Purchasing was also a G2k1 thing.

And as mentioned before it can also be argued that there are several servers that have everything Classic had.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
There are big differences, the vast majority of Classics content was Quest content, it was the primary focus of construction eventually including a storyline and with the overworld being re-designed accordingly, the only versions where it wasn't so much like this and more simplistic were really before its prime though admittedly P2P had affected playercount badly in the middle of the evolution under Tyhm, events were nowhere near as sophisticated back then compared to the modern day and again didn't fully coincide with the prime of the server, Hat Purchasing was also a G2k1 thing.

And as mentioned before it can also be argued that there are several servers that have everything Classic had.
If you're saying that Classic wasn't a "Classic server" before Tyhm placed emphasis on quests and a storyline, what was it?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Classic never had good quests. They had quests, and staff may have tried to put a lot of emphasis into them but that didn't make them good. They were horrible when Classic was created and to my recollection they were absent before Classic went down.

UN may not have the BEST quests, but they are certainly there, and have to be done to have a chance against other players. In fact... sounds a hell'uva lot like Classic.

Quests have been and so far are still a chore on Graal.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:23 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
gameplay is a foreign concept itt
Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
If you're saying that Classic wasn't a "Classic server" before Tyhm placed emphasis on quests and a storyline, what was it?
What I'm saying is that Questing was the single biggest element focussed on, while Tyhm was the one who really expanded this it was still largely true of Graal in its more simplistic days and this is something that does not apply to UN.
Still a good proportion of this occurred before people had the opportunity to coin phrases to categorise servers, and when they began to I'm pretty sure they were thinking about the Questing setup when referring to a Classic Style Server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Classic never had good quests. They had quests, and staff may have tried to put a lot of emphasis into them but that didn't make them good.
While this is true you cannot be certain that there would have been just as many players or the same community had they not existed, the Zelda aspect played a prominent role.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
UN is a minigame server. It's Mario Party.
shut up i love mario party
Old 11-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
shut up i love mario party
of course you would. Blek

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 PM
PrayDoh will become famous soon enough
Sorry to interrupt . . but back to the original post . .

I like most of the OPs ideas for UN. Back when I sort of cared about the direction of the server, I thought using the job systems to gather materials, and using those materials to create the items/hats we can buy would be a good idea. Your idea of tying it into actual gameplay and the achievement system seems like it would be more fun though.

It was kind of depressing for me to realize that UN wasn't made to make sense . .at all. Maybe after a few more management changes we can get this all sorted out.

back to whatever

UN is a classic server mostly for the reasons Hiro has been pointing out
Old 11-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Currently? I'm sorry but UN was never anything BUT a plethora of obnoxious NPCs. When hats were finally released to public servers, it was a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats. Nothing more.
Maybe you forgot about the several guilds that had wars and utilized Castlewars, competitive pking/sparring, and a wide community in UN's earlier years. =p. UN was only showered with crap NPC's in recent years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayDoh View Post
It was kind of depressing for me to realize that UN wasn't made to make sense . .at all. Maybe after a few more management changes we can get this all sorted out.
UN has had 6 different managers in the past 2 1/2 years, 4 being this year alone. Don't just suggest a few more management changes, just suggest what the current management can do now. Though that is entirely dependent on the staff team working with each other, which sadly has never been an easy case, and still isn't one now.

I don't see why there is an argument on why/why not UN is a Classic Server...Clearly it is, even if it is showered with a bunch of useless npc's.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-24-2010, 11:41 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Maybe you forgot about the several guilds that had wars and utilized Castlewars, competitive pking/sparring, and a wide community in UN's earlier years. =p
Oh, you mean what every server had but better? UN only became a respectable ground for sparring after every other server died.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 PM
PrayDoh will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Don't just suggest a few more management changes, just suggest what the current management can do now.

wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I was just pointing out the fact that we've changed managers 3? times in the past year and not a lot has changed. I could see how what I said could be taken as a slight against current management, but it wasn't meant that way.

I'm pretty much indifferent to our current administration, as I don't really know what is being worked on aside from your CW and GK's tower defense.