Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2010, 02:16 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We have already said that with v6 the client will work much better on peoples computers (also works full speed & full featured on Mac). We are also planning to switch more servers to an item-based + free system.
Quote:
We plan to use Graal more as a developement platform.
I'm kind of confused as to what you mean by both of these. Any chance you or someone else could go further in-depth?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel View Post
I'm kind of confused as to what you mean by both of these. Any chance you or someone else could go further in-depth?
As for the first quote, servers (only Zodiac as far as I know) have been getting observer mode removed if they impose other restrictions. Likely this is the sort of thing Stefan is referring to.

I think the second quote means that since he has proved he can use the engine to rapidly develop games for profit (he's probably talking about Classic iPhone) that its improvement and expansion is warranted now.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:31 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
As for the first quote, servers (only Zodiac as far as I know) have been getting observer mode removed if they impose other restrictions. Likely this is the sort of thing Stefan is referring to.
I get what you are saying, but I need examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
I think the second quote means that since he has proved he can use the engine to rapidly develop games for profit (he's probably talking about Classic iPhone) that its improvement and expansion is warranted now.
Wait, what? I have no idea what this means. Honestly, can someone just explain this in layman's terms?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I get what you are saying, but I need examples.
Only example I know of so far is http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134258285

Quote:
Wait, what? I have no idea what this means. Honestly, can someone just explain this in layman's terms?
Graal is "layered" in terms of how it is built. The top level provides the moving players, sword slashing, sounds, etc. However, the lower level is basically just a reusable game-making engine (see the Skills server for an example). Stefan has had success in making games with it for the iPhone that are nothing like Graal.

The are two things Stefan's statement could have meant...

1. He plans on improving and using the lower level for more games.

Or

2. He intends on making a bunch of Graal clones.

Either way, we will probably see upgrades to what is running here regardless of which he is doing.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:40 AM
dmhabe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We have already said that with v6 the client will work much better on peoples computers (also works full speed & full featured on Mac). We are also planning to switch more servers to an item-based + free system.
Less lag+Graal being free again?
If that is what he is referring to, its about time.

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 03-26-2010, 02:41 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I'm only guessing Mykel since I have no firsthand knowledge but I'll attempt to shed some light at least until Stefan can respond.

On iphone the app itself is free, the player pays a small fee for individual upgrades such as the ability to change their look. Something similar to this could be transferred over to the client version. The client would be free but you might pay extra for benefits. It could be things like look, weapons, events, guilds, houses. An example of events would be a small fee for entering but the item won might be of a high value such as a stronger weapon not available to normal players.

As far as his second quote goes. I believe he's saying that they would like to use Graal as a development platform for new types of games vs just keeping every server as old skool Graal itself. Basically changing with the times. Much like they tried to do in a sense with Graal 3D.

Remember, I am only guessing myself here. Do NOT take what I say as the gospel truth cause I could be completely wrong
Old 03-26-2010, 02:43 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
and with Classic on iPhone it's proven that we can spin off Graal servers to make successful commercial projects and expand the audience of the game.
Classic iphone proves that graal works best as a game first and development platform second. Good to know that Graal's going for a more "free" model, but what was the problem with the old system? Also hoping that cash items are aesthetical + for convenience like on Zodiac and not giving players an (unbalanced) advantage like they did on Zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
The scripted tools also need to be finished sometime so that we don't rely on the old editor anymore
If it's updated it's no longer old anymore.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:56 PM
sarah_nightshade is on a distinguished road
how you change ur email any ways i try to get to support desk and it takes me to try graal page even when loged in

http://support.graalonline.com/index...=ticket_submit

goes to try graal
is support dead?0.0
Old 04-10-2010, 09:02 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
yeah support is dead, you're gonna have to PM a global but with bell resigning i dont know who can help you
Old 04-10-2010, 09:59 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
yeah support is dead, you're gonna have to PM a global but with bell resigning i dont know who can help you
TSAdmin and Tig can both change accounts.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy

I gotta rant here real quick. It sucks that you cant get Lifetime Classic anymore. If anything, around the time V6 comes out, accounts that existed before lifetime classic was removed should have a chance to purchase lifetime classic.
Personally, I got pretty screwed out of it. Here's my short, but bitter story: I had always dreamt of getting lifetime classic. But my mom wouldnt buy it for me at the time. I had a friend who had recently gotten a credit card way back when. I asked him to buy me a lifetime classic for me since my mom wouldnt at the time. and I promised to pay him back. Well, he declined. So whatever. But what really bugs me is what happened later on. When I actually had the cash to cover all the costs, I asked him again. I showed him the cash but he still turned it down. =/
Anyways later yet down the road, I finally convinced my mom to buy me a lifetime classic subscription, the day she was going to buy it for me, I checked on the site to set it all up so she could buy it. (I believe this was 3-7 days after the site change.)

Lo and behold, Lifetime Classic was no longer on the list
Old 07-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
I gotta rant here real quick. It sucks that you cant get Lifetime Classic anymore. If anything, around the time V6 comes out, accounts that existed before lifetime classic was removed should have a chance to purchase lifetime classic.
Personally, I got pretty screwed out of it. Here's my short, but bitter story: I had always dreamt of getting lifetime classic. But my mom wouldnt buy it for me at the time. I had a friend who had recently gotten a credit card way back when. I asked him to buy me a lifetime classic for me since my mom wouldnt at the time. and I promised to pay him back. Well, he declined. So whatever. But what really bugs me is what happened later on. When I actually had the cash to cover all the costs, I asked him again. I showed him the cash but he still turned it down. =/
Anyways later yet down the road, I finally convinced my mom to buy me a lifetime classic subscription, the day she was going to buy it for me, I checked on the site to set it all up so she could buy it. (I believe this was 3-7 days after the site change.)

Lo and behold, Lifetime Classic was no longer on the list
punch your friend. lifetime accounts are the best
Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
You know it's time too bring back Lifetime Classic Stefan.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Snk for manager
iSlayer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
We have already said that with v6 the client will work much better on peoples computers (also works full speed & full featured on Mac). We are also planning to switch more servers to an item-based + free system. The scripted tools also need to be finished sometime so that we don't rely on the old editor anymore. We plan to use Graal more as a developement platform, and with Classic on iPhone it's proven that we can spin off Graal servers to make successful commercial projects and expand the audience of the game.
Omg Stefan posted on one of my threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
Snk for manager of Era
Old 07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Maybe if we keep promising that Graal will be a development platform for a few more years, people will keep paying for their gold accounts to post on the forums about how Graal is dead~

Tags
classic, lifetime