Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2010, 05:54 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
And he doesn't even live in Canada! Yes, it's just that bad!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
depends on the entertainment value you'd gain by having it.

I can't believe anyone would point out it isn't practical considering nothing about owning an iPod is practical as it is a pure entertainment device.

It would be more sensible if people highlighted what you can do on Graal iPhone so you could make a more educated guess of whether the entertainment received would be proportional to the cost.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
It would be more sensible if people highlighted what you can do on Graal iPhone so you could make a more educated guess of whether the entertainment received would be proportional to the cost.
Proportional to the cost of the mechanism? No amount of entertainment on Classic iPhone could amount to the price of that thing in the long haul! If this is the perspective one is going to use, the answer is a no brainer: Don't get an iAnything.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Proportional to the cost of the mechanism? No amount of entertainment on Classic iPhone could amount to the price of that thing in the long haul! If this is the perspective one is going to use, the answer is a no brainer: Don't get an iAnything.
It depends. If I claim I only ever played Classic on my account then I spent about 1 and a half cents for every hours I played on Classic. That seems like a low cost relative to the entertainment received.

Obviously an iPod or iPhone would be much more expensive and make it closer to a dollar or more per hour eventually, but the iPod or iPhone provides more than a Graal account as well.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Maybe if we all give Unixmad $400 he'll make the PC version worth a ****ing damn.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:57 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
This might put it into perspective

and that's when this post was made, not on a weekend or anything.
Thanks TSAdmin, i have been using the Client-RC so i haven't noticed that at all. Now i just need to determine if that player count is a tease, or is Graal on the Ipod Touch that much fun, and better than the PC.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I'd advise to wait for an Android Client, it's the better platform - especially if you are technical interested.
The iPhone is a 500$ jail - no idea if you can throw out that money just to run an the certainly cool iPhone Classic
Old 03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
I'd advise to wait for an Android Client, it's the better platform - especially if you are technical interested.
The iPhone is a 500$ jail - no idea if you can throw out that money just to run an the certainly cool iPhone Classic
i've got a crapy 10$ phone, that came with 10$ worth of calls, and an ipod touch, i don't mind carrying around 2 devices, altho i imagine some people do.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
i've got a crapy 10$ phone, that came with 10$ worth of calls, and an ipod touch, i don't mind carrying around 2 devices, altho i imagine some people do.
Yeah, yet the ipod touch you got was no gift. It's being subsidized by the mobile phone company contract - no companies give out goods for free (except its the welfare)
Old 03-16-2010, 08:20 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Yeah, yet the ipod touch you got was no gift. It's being subsidized by the mobile phone company contract - no companies give out goods for free (except its the welfare)
no no no, the ipod wasn't for free, but it isn't an iphone, it just cost me a single €170,- no expensive contract or anything, and because i also have the crappy phone i can just do about anything that i could with an iphone, but in 2 devices instead of one.

+ i don't have trouble unlocking/jailbreaking my phone.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
no no no, the ipod wasn't for free, but it isn't an iphone, it just cost me a single €170,- no expensive contract or anything, and because i also have the crappy phone i can just do about anything that i could with an iphone, but in 2 devices instead of one.

+ i don't have trouble unlocking/jailbreaking my phone.
To sum it up:

An iPhone is very expensive. If you want a smartphone anyways and thought about buying one before, why not (although id advise taking android for technical interested people).
If you just want to play iPhone Graal, get an iPhone Touch. You will be only able to play graal using wi-fi, yet its around 200$ - not around 500$-1000$.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:43 AM
Man of the King
super_matt89 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to super_matt89 Send a message via AIM to super_matt89 Send a message via Yahoo to super_matt89
There were around 1500+ player on today and it usually never drops under 900 in addition to that it doesn't lag when there are that many players within view. If you get used to the sparring/pking it's just as easy as PC Graal and it actually brings back memories of old 2000 classic even to be honest, I believe that if your still deciding then maybe you should stick to PC Graal where you're comfortable.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:13 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataxo View Post
totally worth it imo.

Ipod touc has:

Music
videos
wi-fi internet
many useful applications (calculator, tables and whatnot)
weather app.
An enormous library of pretty decent free and purchasable applications.
Its touchscreen!

:d
liek omg i must have one now.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Playing since in '04.
HirakoShinji is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to HirakoShinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
liek omg i must have one now.
It's just like having a DSi... only difference is the the DSi can play DS games.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HirakoShinji View Post
It's just like having a DSi... only difference is the the DSi can play DS games.
Yeah true. But I like my DSi, but it only cost me about... 130 bucks.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 10-18-2010 at 09:37 AM..