Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Windows has always had a priority on Graal.
To you, maybe.

However, I paid for a Mac version. If you aren't going to make an intel Mac version, then I want a PPC version with ALL OF THE FEATURES THAT THE WINDOWS VERSION HAS! I DID pay for that.

It never said when I paid for the subscription that there were any Mac limitations. Onoes, hopefully someone will eventually sue for this, though I can't see anyone wasting that much time in this game.

In any case, read my signature, I'm quitting. Please don't post in my thread with a negative attitude, as you're going to.

Probably my last outside post, bye Graal. Go die.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
However, I paid for a Mac version. If you aren't going to make an intel Mac version, then I want a PPC version with ALL OF THE FEATURES THAT THE WINDOWS VERSION HAS! I DID pay for that.
That's like me creating a new account then saying "I PAID FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3 VERSION, I DEMAND A PS3 VERSION NOW SO I CAN STOP CRYING".

Quote:
It never said when I paid for the subscription that there were any Mac limitations. Onoes, hopefully someone will eventually sue for this, though I can't see anyone wasting that much time in this game.
Did it say macs wouldn't be limited? You know theres tons of games that don't support macs...

Quote:
In any case, read my signature, I'm quitting. Please don't post in my thread with a negative attitude, as you're going to.
Aw little baby.

Quote:
Probably my last outside post, bye Graal.
I'm sure people care.

Quote:
Go die.
no u
Old 08-10-2007, 10:58 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's like me creating a new account then saying "I PAID FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3 VERSION, I DEMAND A PS3 VERSION NOW SO I CAN STOP CRYING".

Did it say macs wouldn't be limited? You know theres tons of games that don't support macs...

Aw little baby.

I'm sure people care.

no u
It never says anywhere on the website to expect it to be impossible to play Graal on Mac. They really ought to post that somewhere?

I paid under the pretense Mac would get the same treatment as Windows.

Yah right.

So, thank you so much Stefan, for following your own guidelines in exactly what you are going to do, and especially thank you unixmad, for all the fun (does that include my password getting hacked from your database and you posting about dumb people who ran the install.php file?)
Old 08-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Graal.net was a different thing.
Graal works on Mac, to check if it's working fine/fast enough on your Mac you can normally test it on your machine before upgrading.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It never says anywhere on the website to expect it to be impossible to play Graal on Mac. They really ought to post that somewhere?
They don't need to, because (I think) they never said it was possible to play it on an Intel Mac.

Quote:
I paid under the pretense Mac would get the same treatment as Windows.

Yah right.
I paid under the pretense that Stefan will give me $350,000 along with a lifetime supply of all the candy in the world~~~
Old 08-10-2007, 11:22 PM
the fake one
Quote:
I paid under the pretense that Stefan will give me $350,000 along with a lifetime supply of all the candy in the world~~~
I don't recall them saying that anywhere on the website.

Edit: Didn't see Stefan's post, but you still should say that it is very hard to play on a Mac because of poor software design, or because of lack of support.

Graal does not work well enough for a decent playing experience. Period.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Quote:
I don't recall them saying that anywhere on the website.
Did you recall them saying they support Intel Macs? No? You get my point.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Jin
Black_Wallstreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Quote:
You mean he's not?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Edit: Didn't see Stefan's post, but you still should say that it is very hard to play on a Mac because of poor software design, or because of lack of support.
We can eventually add something like 'Recommended: CPU Power PC'
Old 08-11-2007, 01:13 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Graal doesn't work on my Sega Megadrive. It didn't say this on the site so I assumed that it would have

*cough*
Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
For one thing, Graal runs very well on my PowerPC machine. It strikes me that the design of the software can't be that bad if it's running well here on what's likely a more basic computer than your own.

Second thing, Rosetta has no guarantee that what you are running inside of it will work well, if at all. That's just something you accept when you buy an Intel Mac with the intention of running PowerPC applications.

Third, I already wrote that there could be possible problems with Rosetta emulation on the Support Center Knowledgebase some months ago when I wrote those documents about Graal for Mac.

If you bought a new computer after buying your subscription to find it doesn't work, well that's your problem, not Cyberjoueurs.

If you haven't already bought an account, you can run Graal in guest mode (and previously the offline preview) to see how well it would work before buying a subscription. Nowhere on the website does it guarantee it'll work on your system, but the facility to try before you buy is there.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I really don't know of any game that bends over backwards as much as graal trying to fix everyones problems. Anyplace else if something doesn't work quite right they just say "sorry, can't help you"
Old 08-11-2007, 03:31 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I really don't know of any game that bends over backwards as much as graal trying to fix everyones problems. Anyplace else if something doesn't work quite right they just say "sorry, can't help you"
ROFLMFAO

You're kidding right? You go to Stefan with a problem, he says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
hmmm
You go to unixmad with a problem and he bans you.

I no longer want a Universal version then. Make a PPC version that has all the features. This cannot be tested by trial, as you can't play many of the things you can with registered. I'm pretty sure you can't try out flash. And it's so confusing with the half-screen and what not, you'd never notice the lag.

So, when I bought registered, I bought it under the presumption that there was nothing wrong with the Mac client for PPC. WRONG!

http://graalonline.com/kingdoms/downloads/

I meet the system requirements. It doesn't say I needed a PPC mac. So therefore, I assume I can run it on a non-PPC mac. Nowhere did it tell me that it doesn't run on an Intel mac the same as a PPC mac.

If you guys eventually make a Universal version with all the features of the Windows version, i'll come back, and maybe I'll play again, but until then, you guys need to sort out what you're doing, because your current strategies are cutting out a lot of customers. (and I don't just mean the Mac strategies, I mean the trial strategies, all the new stupid subscriptions, etc)
Old 08-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Nowhere did it tell me that it doesn't run on an Intel mac the same as a PPC mac.
Stop acting like games suddenly have to support mac. Consider yourself lucky they even bothered starting to support macs.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
So, when I bought registered, I bought it under the presumption that there was nothing wrong with the Mac client for PPC. WRONG!
Look, dude. You were aware of Rosetta and that it might not necessarily always work:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple.com
Behind the scenes, Rosetta dynamically translates most of your PowerPC-based applications to work with your Intel-based Mac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple.com
Third-party applications that require precision real-time playback may perform better with a Universal version. For the expected arrival dates of Universal versions of third-party applications, check with their manufacturers.
Stop playing the hard done by party. If you were intending to use PowerPC applications, you should have stuck with a PowerPC machine. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud
http://graalonline.com/kingdoms/downloads/

I meet the system requirements. It doesn't say I needed a PPC mac. So therefore, I assume I can run it on a non-PPC mac. Nowhere did it tell me that it doesn't run on an Intel mac the same as a PPC mac.
Once again: http://support.cyberjoueurs.com/inde...kb&article=102.