Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should the server be reset?
Yes 18 36.00%
No 30 60.00%
Build a system to release Event Item's. Make it random, so good and bad items get out. 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2009, 02:41 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
GK doesn't need a reset because Gk doesn't have any goals to reach that a reset would help with. Leveling up? It's fairly easy to get 30 physical and enough spells to hold your own in pk. Armor? PMoPs and FHoMs are easily accessible. Pk weapons? How hard is it to pull up an ID or FID? Everything on Gk that is 'hard' or 'impossible' to get, from high levels to rare, exclusive items, is nothing more than an unnecessary novelty. It's easy to get what you need on Gk, the only reason for a reset would be so you can attempt at getting what you want.

Gk's "perfect" as it is, and with Tig, there's hope for new releases so newer people can get exclusive items too. As for leveling, like I said, you really don't need to be 110 with 30/30/30 to be able to pk.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 AM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
GK doesn't need a reset because Gk doesn't have any goals to reach that a reset would help with. Leveling up? It's fairly easy to get 30 physical and enough spells to hold your own in pk. Armor? PMoPs and FHoMs are easily accessible. Pk weapons? How hard is it to pull up an ID or FID? Everything on Gk that is 'hard' or 'impossible' to get, from high levels to rare, exclusive items, is nothing more than an unnecessary novelty. It's easy to get what you need on Gk, the only reason for a reset would be so you can attempt at getting what you want.

Gk's "perfect" as it is, and with Tig, there's hope for new releases so newer people can get exclusive items too. As for leveling, like I said, you really don't need to be 110 with 30/30/30 to be able to pk.
We agree for once. Also it seems like this topic is beating a dead horse (to use a phrase lol.).

This has been suggested tons of times and shot down each time.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 AM
()
Vulgar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vulgar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post

So who exactly can break people with 30 phys, I could hardly break anyone when I had 35 phys and 30 30 29. You have no clue what you are talking about apparently. You get big damage, health and speed bonuses from having 30 30 30. If you think you stand a chance against the other people in bmode with 30 phys I'd I have to laugh in your face for you even thinking that you can break them.

"Everything on Gk that is 'hard' or 'impossible' to get, from high levels to rare, exclusive items, is nothing more than an unnecessary novelty" plztellmehow2getdecentstatswithfailgearthx

I think everyone should be able to get to like 45-50 phys some what easily, besides the fact that it's hard to start out on kingdoms without cross server trading or usding the new players give up because how long it takes to level. I'm sure if there was faster ways to level more players would come play and if there was more gear with decent stats that were able to be made through alchemy or crafted that didn't rely on event coins to make that half the players that play zodiac and other servers would eventually migrate to kingdoms and the ones who left would come back.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:07 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
So who exactly can break people with 30 phys, I could hardly break anyone when I had 35 phys and 30 30 29.
The problem here is not "EVERYONE NEEDS 30/30/30", but rather "EVERYONE WHO HAS THE BALLS TO PK IS 30/30/30".

Maybe if the only 6 people who tried to pk weren't 30/30/30, and some diversity got into the mix, there would be more people willing to pk.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:10 AM
()
Can you pk with 30 phys without 30 30 30? or even like 40? I doubt it.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:12 AM
8k hours on GK X_X
Obs311 will become famous soon enough
Look at how many hours I dumped into this game. If they reset GK, then I quit.

I am NOT going through that all over again, it took WAY too long, unless they make it a little simpler to level.

Look at Era, they have reset at least 5 times from what I remember, and it still doesn't seem like much has changed from doing so.

And yes, you can PK without 30 30 30, you just need tactics. You don't just run and and slash at people.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:12 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obs311 View Post
Look at Era, they have reset at least 5 times from what I remember, and it still doesn't seem like much has changed from doing so.
They keep resetting because they're trying to have a realistic BUT FAIRLOL economy.

Quote:
Can you pk with 30 phys without 30 30 30? or even like 40? I doubt it.
That's because the only people pk'ing are the ones who are pretty much max'd out. If more people pk'd, this problem wouldn't exist.

Auto-enable bmode at level 50 or something. It won't be "OGOD HELP I KEEP DYING" because everyone will be pk'ing, there's always going to be someone weaker.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 AM
The face of the Earth.
Vincent3313 is on a distinguished road
It's called alchemy. I started with nothing and within a month or 2 I got Green Cloak, PMoP +12, Marks +12, Lucky Boots+ 12, Mith +12... All of these are easy accessible with some GKs and some EAs. Except for Luckys, you craft them, even easier. GC buy it for a very low amount of dias. All of these and I get 25 str with it maxed. The only reason why you can't break people is because of low WC not str or damage. Get Marks +12 and a decent phys lvl, around 40 is good. You should have enough WC to break a lvl 110. In spars though there is no break so there isn't any excuse there. The only thing base lvl does for you is HP. (It's call IMP POTS!)
Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 AM
()
Normal players who don't usd or cross server trade cannot get 30 30 30, but the whole point to my original post was saying leveling should be easier but there should also be alchable good items to help achive 30 30 30 through in game work and not usd or 30 30 30.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 AM
The face of the Earth.
PMoP ... I think there's enough good items you can make with alchemy. Honestly the only thing is lvling for certain lvls. Lords give me like 7k. Crypts are good for everyone but you usually need someone who has a semi good wis like 30 or so.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:22 AM
Drakeero will become famous soon enough
I sunk too many hours of my life in this game. I've stuck with it over the years, in and out of major real life issues. I dont PK, I packrat. It's the only game I've found that's let me build up such a huge collection. Whenever I lose a bunch of stuff to collapsed houses it sends me into an immediate, deep depression.

If the server is reset, I am definitely quitting GK.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:23 AM
()
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent3313 View Post
It's called alchemy. I started with nothing and within a month or 2 I got Green Cloak, PMoP +12, Marks +12, Lucky Boots+ 12, Mith +12... All of these are easy accessible with some GKs and some EAs. Except for Luckys, you craft them, even easier. GC buy it for a very low amount of dias. All of these and I get 25 str with it maxed. The only reason why you can't break people is because of low WC not str or damage. Get Marks +12 and a decent phys lvl, around 40 is good. You should have enough WC to break a lvl 110. In spars though there is no break so there isn't any excuse there. The only thing base lvl does for you is HP. (It's call IMP POTS!)
WC is based on phys level and i'd like to see you pk someone with that 200 hp difference with your like 24 con. And there is only like 2-3 items that are alchable that are decent so don't say loliusedalchemy. You should beable to craft/alch an entire set of gear to give you damn near close to 30 30 30 if not 30 30 30 and then the other bonus' like resist should be saved for the rare gear. I for one couldn't pk people with my 35 phys and 30 str so I didn't have enough WC to break most people.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:23 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Normal players who don't usd or cross server trade cannot get 30 30 30
How do you plan on backing that up?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:25 AM
The face of the Earth.
If so then what would be the point of looking for items? If everyone can just alchemy the best items for 30/30/30 then there would be no fun in obtaining other items. You can get +4 WC from Marks and +12. And again... IMP POTS!!! You obviously don't know what they are.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
As far as I know, no server has demonstrably increased its playerbase with a reset (at best they've been able to reset without decreasing it). Besides, resetting is the lazy way out of economic problems. If there's a problem with hoarding of rare items, rather than resetting, a better solution would be to institute some kind of "luxury tax" on holding rare items on your account or in your house, and you have to pay some amount of diamonds/platinum per week, the amount varying from item to item, (of course, you can pay several weeks in advance if you won't be around/etc.) or the staff repossess the item and event it off.