Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
There needs to be 2 ammo stores, the competition is lively and they both make almost equal, regardless of the location difference, if we had one that is too much of an influx of cash pool going to one owner in profits weekly. Why you're discussing this when the thread was for people to generate an opinion and then list reasoning and ideas backing their opinion on whether businesses should be trade-able again or not I don't know.
pot.. kettle.. black
Old 07-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
HA

this is boring
bring some mvp weapon hate over here

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
lol. spread the hate.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:01 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I'm excited to see this, an official post would be great.

I noticed Koho quit, did he sell DD? or just give it away?

Last edited by Godzilla; 07-28-2014 at 06:35 AM..
Old 07-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Banned
I don't usually take the player word seriously but once I saw a few staff saying it too... What's this about Mesh getting given a business? That's ridiculous, businesses are harder than ever to obtain, no one wants to give viable options to be able to get your hands on ownership and people are just getting them handed to them like biscuits.

When will we stop catering to the older players, create viable options for EVERYONE, new or old to be able to obtain one of these businesses legitimately?

Getting tired of being one of the only players who wants to see a positive change for Era.

This "Let's just maintain the broken systems we've had for years because one day they might just fall into place." mentality is the reason KoHo and many more to follow will quit.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:04 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
You could be the proud owner of a mall stand. Become your own little entrepreneur
Old 07-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I don't usually take the player word seriously but once I saw a few staff saying it too... What's this about Mesh getting given a business? That's ridiculous, businesses are harder than ever to obtain, no one wants to give viable options to be able to get your hands on ownership and people are just getting them handed to them like biscuits.

When will we stop catering to the older players, create viable options for EVERYONE, new or old to be able to obtain one of these businesses legitimately?

Getting tired of being one of the only players who wants to see a positive change for Era.

This "Let's just maintain the broken systems we've had for years because one day they might just fall into place." mentality is the reason KoHo and many more to follow will quit.
Pretty sure Mesh just assumed he was getting a business when someone said they would help him make a new business.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:35 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
You could be the proud owner of a mall stand. Become your own little entrepreneur
I've done this, see my potions monopoly? Then people followed suit.
Remember a few years ago when potions were only like 500$? Yeah you're welcome.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:20 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
I've done this, see my potions monopoly? Then people followed suit.
Remember a few years ago when potions were only like 500$? Yeah you're welcome.
Lw potions were never lower than 1.5k. they sold for 1k in bulk bat that was about it. worker potions on the other hand were a bit cheaper but even those weren't 500
Old 07-30-2014, 02:30 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I don't know when you saw them, but they were around 500$ a pop when I started buying all of them a few years ago
Old 07-30-2014, 04:56 AM
Banned
I think it's just ridiculous, businesses are too hard to acquire through working for the business.

No Owner of a business is going to willingly let you raise in the ranks to take his business off him, there is no incentive for business owners to pass it down, they gain NOTHING from doing so.

That's why we sit here waiting for years on end for Ammo Mart or Gun Point to be auctioned off because an Owner of that establishment did something stupid, which rarely happens.

Businesses should be trade-able, with restrictions obviously.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:37 AM
GanNing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
I don't know when you saw them, but they were around 500$ a pop when I started buying all of them a few years ago
This. WPs used to be $500 each back in the day.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
I think it's just ridiculous, businesses are too hard to acquire through working for the business.

No Owner of a business is going to willingly let you raise in the ranks to take his business off him, there is no incentive for business owners to pass it down, they gain NOTHING from doing so.

That's why we sit here waiting for years on end for Ammo Mart or Gun Point to be auctioned off because an Owner of that establishment did something stupid, which rarely happens.

Businesses should be trade-able, with restrictions obviously.
This caters much more to rich players than hardworking ones. Richness (especially due to the introduction of betflipping) is not always a function of work output.

Making businesses sellable does not solve any perceived problems of 'being able to work your way up' in a business. It instead turns businesses into a commodity that will always have a price, and IMO decreases the value and meaning of owning one.

Also, since nobody else has said it, it's prettttttty obvious you're trying to force this rule into implementation so that you can buy a business, and not for the betterment of era. If you're gonna do somethin, be honest about it

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
With business being tradeable without staff approval, you have the ability for monopolies to be formed by certain players with the sole mind set of making dat money.

I support businesses being tradeable to an extent but with a heavy hand from staff watching over it.

You **** up? No refunds and removed.
Youre an ass? No refunds and removed.
Theres evidence of a monopoly being formed? Sorry, you arent allowed to buy it.

If businesses dont become tradeable? Dont really care, dont want one anyway.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Banned
Theres no denying that I want to buy a business, I have too much money and almost nothing I want to spend it on. I do think the system is broken though, never in my life have I worked up in a business to Ownership and thinking about it, it's almost impossible.

Why would you willingly let someone raise in rank just to eventually give them it? when you could log on once a week and do pay and have infinite cash income like some of the current Owners do?

I've talked to numerous players in businesses about it. They've all said the same thing; "I'm not noticed, I work hard weekly and get a few thousand a week, I've asked for rank ups but I don't get them".

I don't see an issue with someone working in the business for say a year and eventually having enough to buy the business off of the owner through the money they have been paid that year. I think that would be cool.

I don't see why monopoly's can't be formed either... If you have enough to do it why does it matter? If you as a business Owner notice a monopoly forming you can raise the price of your business and get a big sell out or keep it to destroy the monopoly, simple. It's not like money is being taken out of the economy or being pushed into the economy, it's just a small group of players all accumulating it.

Businesses will always have a surface value based off of past selling.
Food Businesses are worth roughly 1mil.
Ammo stores are worth roughly 2-3mil.
PT would be roughly worth 2-3mil aswell.

When I thought of this thread it wasn't solely because I personally want to buy a business but because I had people asking me if it was legal and I said no, which I think why the hell is it illegal?