Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Explain?
I do recommend viewing these at 720p and full screen (for the best clarity).

UN:
V5:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fERwSyyPK8&hd=1
V6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Td3j2mE2D4&hd=1

Valikorlia:
V5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDSEWzuDi6A&hd=1
V6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjM1fhA7ofE&hd=1

Era:
V5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY4nUxLsdIg&hd=1
V6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om2-GQNl7w8&hd=1

GK:
V5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcw6V0R2iHE&hd=1
V6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4HYVQGtuR4&hd=1

The problem doesn't only happen when you're viewing a single frame from a gani. If you walk on UN on V5 and then walk on V6, your character will look like he's wobbling around more. This is most obvious when you move with only a single gani frame, which as shown above, shows the head moving on V6.

I can record the difference between walking on V5 and V6 if you'd like.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
I can't find a way to disable docking - it is possible?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
^ I would like this as well. When the playerlist automatically opens (It's become habit to move my mouse to the top right since it opens at mousex/mousey still), it docks if I'm not careful.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Yes, I can add an option for that today.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
The default theme won't load correctly in the new version.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
The default theme won't load correctly in the new version.
Can you delete your filenamecache.txt and let me know what happens?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
It still seems to be glitched. I switched my theme but it won't retain the settings when I restart the client, it's frustrating.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:59 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Yes, I can add an option for that today.
Thank you. I can't open my playerlist at all without messing up my desktop because of the glitch on my computer.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Skyld, could I try out the V6 Beta? D:
Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
There is a new version (5.256) which is mainly for a new way to fix the timer problem. The final versions will be faster than these beta versions.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Maxo14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like you guys are getting close to fix everything now
Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
About the timer problem: it seems floating point numbers are majorly ****ed up in Visual Studio 2005/2008, need to dig deeper why in some parts of the engine 8-byte floating point variables are degraded to 4-byte floating point in standard operations. This is the same problem as with the 24*0.1 stuff, so once this is fixed it should also fix the echoing of floating point numbers.

About the small gani problems with scripted movement system: this seems to be a problem with pixel alignment - the player at an odd position between two pixels. This also happens with the skating animation on Classic iPhone on iPhone, will try to fix it sometime.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still having problems with player.attachplayertoobj and player.detachplayer on Zodiac's boat system. The attaching/detaching is being done on the serverside but it still crashes the client when you get most of the time you get on or off the boat.

The small gani problem is also very apparent when your player is on an attached object like a boat.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
About the timer problem: it seems floating point numbers are majorly ****ed up in Visual Studio 2005/2008, need to dig deeper why in some parts of the engine 8-byte floating point variables are degraded to 4-byte floating point in standard operations. This is the same problem as with the 24*0.1 stuff, so once this is fixed it should also fix the echoing of floating point numbers.

About the small gani problems with scripted movement system: this seems to be a problem with pixel alignment - the player at an odd position between two pixels. This also happens with the skating animation on Classic iPhone on iPhone, will try to fix it sometime.
Which floating point model are you using?
Old 07-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Graal Administration
Ok found the problem with the timer:
"By default Direct3D 9 switches the calling thread's FPU to single-precision mode globally"
By adding a flag this is fixed (can also force it by code but didn't know this is actually possible). Will release a new version with this fix soon.

Tags
graal v6, windows