Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 05:52 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
The point of that would be?
It really doesn't matter nor does anyone need to do the extra work for something so small as that.
I highly doubt that the staff are so busy to the point where they can't take a few minutes out of their time to rework the cluttered profile information.

Platform, country, latency, status, spar wins, spar loses, event wins, mining level; that's all useless information that nobody gives a **** about.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
We've got some plans for this "new Era", but we also know that a lot of players also have some very good ideas. So, what do you really want to see? A smaller GMAP? More or less guns? Let's try to figure out what changes should be made so that we can start making them.

December 5th - Edit by TSAdmin:
Okay, after some heavy moderation, I have literally halved this thread's page count and got it back into a respectably clean suggestions-only looking thread. It is to be kept this way. The minute this thread veers off-topic or breaks forum rules further, it's locked.
If anything more, guns as well as more player business's
Use the era iphone tileset btw

Old 01-13-2011, 04:55 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astram View Post
If anything more, guns as well as more player business's
Use the era iphone tileset btw
Zzzzzz.....

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I'm just going to say this before everyone else.

Down with Era PC and all hail Era iPhone (I don't give a crap but I feel like saying it for ****s.)

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Alright this server needs something... honestly
If everyone online wasn't running around with spawned guns there wouldn't be anyone online...

Era needs GOOD management, which inturn = good staff, = good ideas, = good updates, = gooder? Era. Key word to making all this possible is as simple as a first grade 'Good'.

Alright so, I know Tig hates me (and hes the PWAA now right?)... but it's not like the server can get any worse right?

Rogue 4 Manager!

xD I'm serious though.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Alright this server needs something... honestly
If everyone online wasn't running around with spawned guns there wouldn't be anyone online...

Era needs GOOD management, which inturn = good staff, = good ideas, = good updates, = gooder? Era. Key word to making all this possible is as simple as a first grade 'Good'.

Alright so, I know Tig hates me (and hes the PWAA now right?)... but it's not like the server can get any worse right?

Rogue 4 Manager!

xD I'm serious though.

What is a "PWAA"?
And what does "gooder" mean?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:58 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakonda View Post
What is a "PWAA"?
And what does "gooder" mean?
Playerworld Administrator Administrator (head of the PWA), i know they use weird terms.

And I put a question mark after "gooder" because I was going to say better but I wanted to keep my point going.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
Here are my ideas that I thought of for Era, and I've been pitching them at Akeon. Not all of them

Anyway.

I think that there should be something in the bottom of each base of each gang that has a certain very high amount of HP, and basically what you do is destroy it with your gang. This would result in the gang base being wiped off the map for the rest of the day, or maybe a few hours. Maybe add something like stocking where you could go there and try to rebuild it while the gangs are still attacking you.

Another idea is for mining. When you mine, and you refine your rocks, sometimes if you take a little bit to pick up the minerals, they will disappear. This is depressing because you take your time to mine, and then forget about them for a second, and come back and they are gone. Maybe if they disappear add something so that the minerals get sent back into your inventory as rocks, so you can refine them again!

Another one, is maybe making it possible for players to buy hats? I mean more personal hats instead of what is in the shops. There really aren't any hats that I like on Era, and it would be nice if we could send in the image of the hat, and then pay for it with 10,000 or 50,000 or so. However much the staff deem fit.

One more idea here that I wanna post. This is pretty much farfetched though. Put some sharks in the water. Lot of people run off into the water, and you gotta chase them and waste ammo, and never get to kill them! Maybe make a shark eat them if they are in the water for too long and have a mild or critical injury where you're bleeding. I thought that would be cool to be chasing someone that was determined to get away, and then they end up getting the death anyway getting gobbled up by Jaws.

I have other ideas but I'm good on typing for now
Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
At the end of each week turn gang points into money that can be distributed by the gang leader/co-leader. Don't make it automatic. This way if a gang's leaders are inactive people will get upset very quickly, or if somebody is doing most of the gang's work and doesn't think they're getting enough they'll be more likely to leave and/or form their own gang.

Gang bases have a weekly rent, if the gang can't pay they get evicted. A party can rent the base and then becomes a "gang" until they can't afford to pay the rent. Keeps thing fresh and competitive.

Each base has a flag, if another gang has your flag you can't get any points until you get it back. Maybe a point bonus for having other gang's flags? Or having their flag lets you open/close the doors in their base without shooting them down? Makes raiding and counter raiding hold some value.

Discounts at NPC stores as your gang gains more notoriety?

It really is worth experimenting and seeing what works and what doesn't. It's not like if you change something and it doesn't work well you can't just reverse the change. There is no reason not to be continually trying to improve these things.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Constant thinker
GarethOmni is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GarethOmni
Make it so gangs can purchase perks for the week with their gang points.
Perk Ideas:
Improved Healing +5 Bed healing, or +10 whichever is more fair
Better Melee +2-5 melee damage bonus
Bullet Damage +1 damage, in fact you might want to disregard that. Might be a horrible idea.
Bonus Healing - healing items heal more
Strength Bonus +1 STR for gang members
Gang gun bonuses? Maybe gangs could purchase upgrades for their guns, or a weekly perk for the specific gun they have.

Allow them to use gang points to buy ammo (make it cheaper than actually buying ammo!).

I like Dem's Idea of the rent thing, lets money be for more than just guns, heals, etc. Which is something that an economy needs.

"The internet is awesome, It lets me joke about and do things that I would never really do in reality"