Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 08:05 PM
dmhabe is on a distinguished road
How do you know what I want or what I know....3,103 posts your going strong

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by contego View Post
Bell,

You are taking this personally as if it's an attack on you as a person. Master Storm did too at first. This is not a blow at anyone, it's a chance for progress. Look at the poll results. The interest is there. Stay focused on the issue at hand. The HD.
I'm taking nothing personally at all. I was doing a summary of the multiple threads regarding the state of Classic over the years. I'm also not having a global burnout. I currently only have two servers wanting drastic changes made. My exhaustion limit is 4. Thats when pissy Bell comes out.
The Masterstorm comment was only put in as this is the traditional next step of the process each time a poll is put up. As will be the blaming of my interference in Classic's issues. People just haven't got there yet.

I would like to thank you for your support to me as a global. I was unaware you were the cause of my gaining this status. All this time I thought it came solely from Lyndzey and Ibonic, but I digress.

In regards to hit detection. I believe I did touch on that without using those exact words. Quite a few developers have offered their help yet quickly realized they were in too deep and left. Unless you actually scripted for Classic you wouldn't understand that the movement and HD are intertwined.
They can be seperated on a small scale as has been done with a few of the spars but for pking in general its far more complicated. This happens to be the current issue being discussed between Thor and Storm. Each method requires different actions regarding what the development team focuses on and what staff qualifications are required. Obviously this is not something visible to average players, hence the feeling that nothing is being done.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhabe View Post
How do you know what I want or what I know....3,103 posts your going strong
How can you want something back that you never even played on in the first place? Not very logical there, and that is how I know.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 PM
If you learn to read you wouldn't have to type so much. I admitted to not being a active regular player, that does not mean I never played Classic. The topic is Hit Detection and Levels. Not hard to logically want the better of the two back. 3,104 no stopping you.

If anything you should be supporting us, when they fix the HD and people log on Classic again you will finally be able to rant and argue with people. You won't have to come on the Graalonline Forums and make 3,105 negative posts

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhabe View Post
If you learn to read you wouldn't have to type so much. I admitted to not being a active regular player, that does not mean I never played Classic. The topic is Hit Detection and Levels. Not hard to logically want the better of the two back. 3,104 no stopping you.
look , npulse has default hd and i dont see any dam players log to pk !
Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
known
unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to unknown
wow, just because I play UN apparently now, and left classic behind years ago, ADMINS ON CLASSIC HAVE THE RIGHT TO KICK ME OFF WITH A MESSAGE: walk back to towncenter, its calling you, im sure youre more welcome there.

its obviously the staff who are the downfall and these nazi minded players they have created.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
i didn't disconnect you wtf
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
look , npulse has default hd and i dont see any dam players log to pk !
Your bringing up another server that changed for the worse, NP used to be the hub for pking back in the day. Taking a different step in development ruined the server. Graal is Graal not a different fantasy game no matter what tile set, event, role playing events you incorporate.

Warhawk Dynasty (BTK)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 PM
known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
i didn't disconnect you wtf
not saying you did, but someone sure did. probably DC because he doesnt like my opinions on his developing. but that doesnt give him the right to do what he did and that def wont get people playing classic again.

wait Dark Cloud just confirmed he did. communist nazi, no wonder classic is dead.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 PM
known
Dark Cloud: UN is a piece of trash.
Me: you should take notes since they are functioning in every department and have an active player count.
Dark Cloud: classic has a community which UN lacks. I only play graal to talk to my friends, it doesnt matter if UN has all of that.
Me: well then go download a chat client.

obviously someone who only cares to use graal as a chat client has no idea what it takes to get players PLAYING there. god...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM
well yeah we don't agree. you're going about it all wrong. you can't FORCE your opinions/beliefs onto somebody and get it to work. what you're doing is a waste of time and if you enjoy wasting your time then please, continue
Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 PM
known
Dark Clouds reasoning behind not making changes:

"You will all just come here for 10 days and then quit again"

his real reasoning is he keeps stating he doesnt like us because we are from a different server.

Sorry, I would be playing it loyally so shut it.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 PM
loyally? where has your loyalty been for the past 5 or more years?
known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
well yeah we don't agree. you're going about it all wrong. you can't FORCE your opinions/beliefs onto somebody and get it to work. what you're doing is a waste of time and if you enjoy wasting your time then please, continue

how am I forcing my beliefs? look at the poll already, NO ONE LIKES THE CURRENT HIT DETECTION.
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I'm taking nothing personally at all. I was doing a summary of the multiple threads regarding the state of Classic over the years. I'm also not having a global burnout. I currently only have two servers wanting drastic changes made. My exhaustion limit is 4. Thats when pissy Bell comes out.
The Masterstorm comment was only put in as this is the traditional next step of the process each time a poll is put up. As will be the blaming of my interference in Classic's issues. People just haven't got there yet.

I would like to thank you for your support to me as a global. I was unaware you were the cause of my gaining this status. All this time I thought it came solely from Lyndzey and Ibonic, but I digress.

In regards to hit detection. I believe I did touch on that without using those exact words. Quite a few developers have offered their help yet quickly realized they were in too deep and left. Unless you actually scripted for Classic you wouldn't understand that the movement and HD are intertwined.
They can be seperated on a small scale as has been done with a few of the spars but for pking in general its far more complicated. This happens to be the current issue being discussed between Thor and Storm. Each method requires different actions regarding what the development team focuses on and what staff qualifications are required. Obviously this is not something visible to average players, hence the feeling that nothing is being done.

A few things:

1. Yes, my disappointing Ex GM Asst and I had Lynzdey hired back in '02 or '03 and we spoke about making you a global. That shouldn't come as a surprise.

2. In regards to the work needed for Classic; Rome wasn't built in one night.

3. I was successful with Shaded Legend for some time because I had a STRONG team and they had good leadership.

4. We knew what the big picture was and we worked as a team. Classic needs the same.

5. I'm not saying the current team is not good, but they need more help. There have been a few volunteers.

6. This is just the first step, and the first obstacle is convincing the current staff what the players want in the content. HD.