Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I honestly thought Classic was back on a good track when Storm was hyping up his activity.

Obviously the people aren't satisfied with this dual management system. I'm not so sure it will make Classic worse but the Manager to players connection is going to get vastly spread out. Nor do I think 2 managers will even better Classic.

Bad move.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
"Instead of peeing on the side of the wall, you get to use this bucket now. Why aren't you ever satisfied?"
It amazes me how people find a way to sum things up in a sentence that I take paragraphs to say. It's a curse, I guess.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Obviously the people aren't satisfied with this dual management system. I'm not so sure it will make Classic worse but the Manager to players connection is going to get vastly spread out. Nor do I think 2 managers will even better Classic.

Bad move.
Basicly what I said to Tig when he came to pick a fight with me on RC. When Mystic and I can agree completely on something you know something is up.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Ctrl+F : Ziplock
"Cannot find Ziplock"
Old 03-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I'm sorry if this is not the outcome you wanted to see. I'm not at all convinced though that any outcome would of been acceptable. I can't make promises of change as I will only promise what I personally can change through my own efforts but I will not abandon the effort to improve Classic as some of you seem to think.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:51 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
You asked for a review. The PWA made a decision. You're all unhappy with the outcome because the people you've been brown nosing didn't get the job, and Storm didn't get the old heave-ho.
How many people who are unhappy with this decision were gunning for management? Two out of eighteen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Now that the PWA has made the 'wrong decision', you're bringing up issues that you probably should have addressed before the PWA had completed the review. You're all "butthurt" (to quote Rufus). Just because the PWA decision didn't agree with you, doesn't mean it is wrong. Get over yourselves.
You mean I'm bringing up issues. I didn't really get involved with the review process, nor did I give a supporting opinion for anyone. I figured that the Playerworld Administration would actually do their jobs and give an appropriate review of the server, and actually put some effort in when doing so. They didn't do that, and had I known that they didn't do it I would have brought it up before now. I don't think anyone at all had expected this as an outcome to even need to go into the issues attached to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I'm sorry if this is not the outcome you wanted to see. I'm not at all convinced though that any outcome would of been acceptable. I can't make promises of change as I will only promise what I personally can change through my own efforts but I will not abandon the effort to improve Classic as some of you seem to think.
I'm pretty concerned about your idea of the reality of the situation, and your view of what is acceptable in Classic's growth. There are many factors running against Classic, but I can see any form of development they make on the server being received by people like yourself as "progress" while Classic slowly loses it's opportunity to thrive. Classic has potential, but not with these two running it.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
The only thing I was content with Storm's job was the fact that he was always there to **** block Thor if he wanted to do some of the bad ideas I read/heard while on RC :P. Thor is better suited as the dev admin with Storm above him and not as an equal.

Sadly I think even DC alone would've been a better choice than this.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I think it's ****ing stupid that storm gets by yet again, surprised you let this happen Bell
Old 03-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Signs of a Fail Review:

1) Miscommunication among the PWA: Check, not once but twice that we know of.

2) Lack of communication between PWA and Staff on the server: Check.

3) No noticeable observation of the server by PWA: Check.

4) Cop out solution that solves nothing and furthers problems: Check.

5) A solution that leaves the majority angry and the PWA saying "wait and see": Check.

Should I continue? Why did it take so long for you guys to decide to just have two Managers? Clearly you don't want to fire Storm but you don't trust Storm to stay active. What?

What should have been done in terms of how a review should be done was not done. It almost feels as if the PWA's definition of a review is "Wait a week or two then try to give everyone what they want." Bottom line this "second review" was more bogus than the "first review".
Old 03-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
To be fair, TSAdmin and Skyld both agreed on wanting Storm to keep his position. It was Tig who forced this Thor idea into it and now I understand why he got so upset and singled out my post.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I think it's ****ing stupid that storm gets by yet again, surprised you let this happen Bell
If I remember correctly, I was under the distinct impression that my involvement would not be acceptable since I may be biased toward the current management staff. That's exactly why this second review was done.

I asked a few questions in the private forums but stayed out of the discussion other than that. When the review was over, I posted the results, so I don't see how let or didn't let anything happen.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:44 AM
►Point Man◄
Terazel Tenjin is on a distinguished road
What's the better option here for the dissatisfied populace? Suck it up and work with Storm and hope for the best outcome, or start work on their own server and bring all of their wants and ideas to life with the Classic talent pool that don't want to accept the Storm option?

It's painfully obvious to see that people aren't happy with the decision, but it went through official investigation and review. Not commenting on the validity of the reviews, just pointing out that it's the official word.

Fearless Leader of the Squirtle Squad Initiative

Quote:
Once again I flipflopped
Old 03-26-2009, 06:06 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terazel Tenjin View Post
or start work on their own server and bring all of their wants and ideas to life with the Classic talent pool that don't want to accept the Storm option
That's an interesting idea, but I'm curious as to whether or not essentially stealing all of Classic's old (and obviously some of which is still used) content would be allowed.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:14 AM
►Point Man◄
Terazel Tenjin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
That's an interesting idea, but I'm curious as to whether or not essentially stealing all of Classic's old (and obviously some of which is still used) content would be allowed.
I don't imagine it'd be too hard to put a new spin on old (and ultimately unused) content from Back in the Golden Days, and then build on top of that with what people of this Classic's generation want to see/have. But that is a fantastic question though, one that maybe the PWA will answer since they're on the horn in this thread (as to which level of "borrowing" or "mimicing" old/unused content from Original Classic is allowed). I wasn't really suggesting the idea of literally making old Classic on a new server.

Fearless Leader of the Squirtle Squad Initiative

Quote:
Once again I flipflopped
Old 03-26-2009, 06:19 AM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
ziplock for manager tbh
Closed Thread