Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie9011 View Post
You can argue Era is like other games, but from my 5 years of experience playing the playerworld, it's far different from anything i've ever played, and is the most taxing in the skill department.
you need to play some harder games then, because era's game play is pathetically easy, not to mention that it's (for the most part) all weapon-oriented rather than skill-based; i.e. the bigger gun will win if the person behind it isn't completely stupid.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Hiro you obviously haven't played era in awhile..I have 2 very big/expensive guns (Morano Thompson & metal storm) and I prefer to use 1 handgun or an ak47 I know of many people who do the same.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Ok then lemme use your MT because it was one of the only reasons I played Era.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Hiro you obviously haven't played era in awhile..I have 2 very big/expensive guns (Morano Thompson & metal storm) and I prefer to use 1 handgun or an ak47 I know of many people who do the same.
Then you just like to pretend to be a good player.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Hired/Fired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Ok then lemme use your MT because it was one of the only reasons I played Era.
As long as you return it to me.

@Sam
No I dont pretend to be a good player stats don't mean ****, AK-47 is as good as most guns, Xm8 has the same stats as the M1, You dont need rare guns to PK, since all stats are similar

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

Old 06-16-2009, 06:35 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
As long as you return it to me.

@Sam
No I dont pretend to be a good player stats don't mean ****, AK-47 is as good as most guns, Xm8 has the same stats as the M1, You dont need rare guns to PK, since all stats are similar
Old 06-17-2009, 05:46 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
you need to play some harder games then, because era's game play is pathetically easy, not to mention that it's (for the most part) all weapon-oriented rather than skill-based; i.e. the bigger gun will win if the person behind it isn't completely stupid.
you're pushing that assumption way too far.

there is no weapon on Era that will guarantee you a win in a spar. Era's guns are pretty well balanced to be honest. if you are skilled, you can take down anyone using the lamer guns. although there are a lot of people that depend on gun stats to win, skill will always out do stats.

it's also pretty dumb of you to say that Era is "pathetically" easy. I'm sure you wouldn't last 2 seconds in a giant gang raid, lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:58 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
you're pushing that assumption way too far.

there is no weapon on Era that will guarantee you a win in a spar. Era's guns are pretty well balanced to be honest. if you are skilled, you can take down anyone using the lamer guns. although there are a lot of people that depend on gun stats to win, skill will always out do stats.

it's also pretty dumb of you to say that Era is "pathetically" easy. I'm sure you wouldn't last 2 seconds in a giant gang raid, lol.
whenever i've played era and was given enough weapons to compete - without doing any quests, i always had more kills than deaths, usually by a large margin. from watching people play, it's all avoidance and cutting off the angles with the correct type of shots depending on the weapon.

now take sword fighting, where everything is exactly equal. theirs no random shot to win the fight, no special type of weapon that does more damage than another - it's 10-or so hits and you win, and the difference is in the skill of aiming the sword with sidehits, blinking to the right position, and using different styles the force the player into your sword. it is much harder, fairer, more in-depth, and a lot more fun, for me at least.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Hired/Fired
Guns are harder to use then swords on graal

Eric Hoffer

Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
whenever i've played era and was given enough weapons to compete - without doing any quests, i always had more kills than deaths, usually by a large margin. from watching people play, it's all avoidance and cutting off the angles with the correct type of shots depending on the weapon.

now take sword fighting, where everything is exactly equal. theirs no random shot to win the fight, no special type of weapon that does more damage than another - it's 10-or so hits and you win, and the difference is in the skill of aiming the sword with sidehits, blinking to the right position, and using different styles the force the player into your sword. it is much harder, fairer, more in-depth, and a lot more fun, for me at least.
I think what you're saying is untrue. Sparring with a sword is MUCH easier than sparring with a gun in my opinion. I'm well versed in both, however, for me it was much easier to pick up sparring with a sword. There might be laggers and people might have different delays, however, it's typically the same. There might be some extreme cases of laggers though such as Blobz and extreme cases of delay ex Renee.

Sparring with a gun though is much more harder. If you go by my k/d ratio it might seem like i'm god like with 11k+ kills and only about 2100 deaths, however, I wouldn't say i'm no where an elite pker/sparrer. My kills and death ratio is pretty inaccurate since you don't get deaths added onto you if you get revived, or if you participate in an event deaths don't add onto you.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
kill death ratio doesn't really display your level of skill