FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I don't really like the new GMAP, but I do like change, so I am open to going with the change and just making do with what is sent our way as players.

As far as I am concerned, I don't play the server to see if the GMAP will change, I play it for what you can DO on it, such as have a bit of fun PKing with your friends. Who cares in what setting you do it, just walk into a PK zone and shoot a gun in someone's direction and you're set. It matters very little about the aesthetic surroundings if you actually get into the real Era, rather than worry about how it looks as you idle in Unstick Me.
exactly.

a new gmap isn't a big deal at all. it'll be the same boring game except with a different map. not very exciting imo.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
exactly.

a new gmap isn't a big deal at all. it'll be the same boring game except with a different map. not very exciting imo.
I would be fine with a new Gmap but I don't like the style they are going for as the base of it, It is unapealing to the eyes, I was hoping for the themed areas that were talked about, but sofar I didn't see any. If the developers would just release info of whats going on, Get opinions from players they wouldn't have anything bad to say because they would know about it before it was done.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
The only things I don't like about the gmap itself (as in the way it looks) are the train and the fact that a lot of the buildings don't look anything like what they're supposed to represent. For example, the "Flower Shop" is just a generic 3 story building with a sign slapped on it. I really hope that changes.

My main problem with that they're doing is WHY they're doing it, or the ideas behind having 3 islands. Maybe someone should explain because I'm not sure if I can.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
And i dont like the buildings.. They're kinda ugly also
Old 03-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
That's because Deo opened it for player review literally a few days after I came on board. I had just hired my first LAT, and I literally hadn't done anything with him except for a few buildings on the South East.

There's been boo koo progress since then.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 03-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
Yeah mesh has really shaped up the gmap and it looks a hell of alot better.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned
Banditz is an unknown quantity at this point
*Mesh_P2P (LAT) (Mon Mar 30 18:21:18 2009):
Mass message:
To the Erians,

Thanks to me, and ONLY me.. The Gmap is 2 buildings away from being complete. 3 islands, completely refurbished by me. Once i've finished these last 2 buildings, then i add detail around the map. Then i'll make inside levels, an use some old inside levels.

Thats all.

Thanks Mesh. <3

(Sorry if im not allowed to post this, but it seems ok?)
Old 03-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditz View Post
*Mesh_P2P (LAT) (Mon Mar 30 18:21:18 2009):
Mass message:
To the Erians,

Thanks to me, and ONLY me.. The Gmap is 2 buildings away from being complete. 3 islands, completely refurbished by me. Once i've finished these last 2 buildings, then i add detail around the map. Then i'll make inside levels, an use some old inside levels.

Thats all.

Thanks Mesh. <3

(Sorry if im not allowed to post this, but it seems ok?)
I love the part where he says: ''Thanks to me, and ONLY me..''
Old 03-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
When can we tour the GMAP again?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Stokell Perseus
Stokell88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Era doesn't need a new gmap, it needs bringing back to it's former glory days.
You last visited: 10-17-2004 at 07:39 PM

-------------------------------------------

Confirmed Private Message Receipts (1)
Sent to: Stefan
Graal Online HQ

Message Sent Date : 10-16-2004 / 06:06 PM

Message Read Date : 09-22-2007 / 09:08 PM

Old 03-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned
fragman85 is on a distinguished road
Mesh is actually a pretty nice LAT.

But you have to fire him as soon as he asks for a higher position.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragman85 View Post
Mesh is actually a pretty nice LAT.

But you have to fire him as soon as he asks for a higher position.
Lol your right if you say no he goes corrupt

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Mother FAQer
Xelnaga is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xelnaga Send a message via MSN to Xelnaga
I believe the current staff is far too focused on era dev. I acknowledge their hard work, dedication, and contribution to that project; however Era dev is set off in a far off land in the distant future. Today's Era has been completely neglected and pushed aside for years, almost as if change to the current server is blasphemous. Only recently have I seen the stone wall crumble with the release of instruments and the wood shop, the concert was probably the most exciting event I've witnessed in several years. Businesses and Gangs don't account for anything; I want to see quests, new systems, more productive methods for noobs to generate money. Consider the concept a "beta" where players can provide feedback, if the idea is fair then it will be carried over to dev.
Era has become stingy and secure, I saw it coming when Ocelot was implemented into administration a few years back. Seriously loosen the **** up.

Obama promised change, where is my change?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnaga View Post
I believe the current staff is far too focused on era dev. I acknowledge their hard work, dedication, and contribution to that project; however Era dev is set off in a far off land in the distant future. Today's Era has been completely neglected and pushed aside for years, almost as if change to the current server is blasphemous. Only recently have I seen the stone wall crumble with the release of instruments and the wood shop, the concert was probably the most exciting event I've witnessed in several years. Businesses and Gangs don't account for anything; I want to see quests, new systems, more productive methods for noobs to generate money. Consider the concept a "beta" where players can provide feedback, if the idea is fair then it will be carried over to dev.
Era has become stingy and secure, I saw it coming when Ocelot was implemented into administration a few years back. Seriously loosen the **** up.

Obama promised change, where is my change?
You say you want change and for us to add more things to the current server. However, be specific and say EXACTLY what you want. You give some general things such as quests, but I think the opposite. Quests aren't fun to me, I don't even do the quest for the 'fun' of it, I just want the prize at the end, and I honestly don't care about the story line, or what you have to obtain the prize. (This is just my views on quests.)

Also, you say we should add more ways for noobs to get money with. I don't see the point of that when noobs in the first place aren't even using the current systems in place. Over time I do believe we should add more choices to the players on ways of obtaining money, however, currently they aren't even using the systems that are already designed, so I don't see it as a priority of making new systems when they most likely won't be used after a week.

If you do have ideas though of things that should be implemented on the main server, just post it. If it's good i'm sure that it will be made and designed. I was the one who thought of doing the whole instrument/concert thing and for me to get all the graphics, ganis, sounds, levels, it only took less than a week to make.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
What Era people need to learn is that prizes gotta drop sooner or later. There is nobody that can go and dig up a 150k in a day to buy a deagle or like a glock.