Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 08:07 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Ciprioni View Post
Deo is a good manager? how he doesnt reply on AIM, he dont reply on player. or RC.
he's busy managing a server. a manager is ALL staff positions. most managers on most servers won't reply.

Quote:
hes always on UN.
the last time i saw him on un was maybe a week ago? god forbid he plays other servers

Quote:
Deo will probobly kill era. and i want wait till he does to laugh in every ones face for being so ignorant.
no, you're being ignorant. you're exaggerating details about him. you can't even give him a chance, and you're calling us ignorant?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure of his plans, but he hasn't done anything negative (so far), so I see no reason to replace him. I do wish he was more active (as far as player relations go), but some managers are just too busy / lazy to respond, and that's fine. He hasn't done an awful job, and I'm curious to see what he can do to improve the server.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
I'm not sure of his plans, but he hasn't done anything negative (so far), so I see no reason to replace him. I do wish he was more active (as far as player relations go), but some managers are just too busy / lazy to respond, and that's fine. He hasn't done an awful job, and I'm curious to see what he can do to improve the server.
Too lazy is fine.. ? Since when? I highly disagree with you there and i'm sure that many others would too. I mean tending to business and embracing your laziness are two totally different things. I can understand if someone presents inactivity due to personal business matters, but being lazy is far from acceptable in my opinion.
And Elizabeth.. why do you keep referring to Deophite as "us" and "we"? Deophite is his own person and the Manager of Era, whereas you are not so you should probably try not referring to a person as "us" and "we" unless you are infact Deophite or a part of him.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_Shadowbane View Post
And Elizabeth.. why do you keep referring to Deophite as "us" and "we"? Deophite is his own person and the Manager of Era, whereas you are not so you should probably try not referring to a person as "us" and "we" unless you are infact Deophite or a part of him.
example please.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
he's busy managing a server. a manager is ALL staff positions. most managers on most servers won't reply.
Well he should, and Since the Administrator isn't around, he should hire a secretary
Old 03-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
You have no idea what its like being a manager, so many pm's and the work you do if you are one of those that likes to develop, i dount Deo ignores anyone it's just hard to do alot at once.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJenova View Post
You have no idea what its like being a manager, so many pm's and the work you do if you are one of those that likes to develop, i dount Deo ignores anyone it's just hard to do alot at once.
I was never manager but I was still really close and I probably had just as many messages as the manager did. In all honesty, it's way over rated.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:46 AM
a/s/l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
Well he should, and Since the Administrator isn't around, he should hire a secretary
no, he shouldn't have to. he has a million other PMs to attend to, your's is probably as important as the person below you who pmed him.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Quote:
Deo is a good manager? how he doesnt reply on AIM, he dont reply on player. or RC. hes never on and hes always on UN. how the hell you gona give a classic/un newb manager of era? this is what happens when classic/un newb globals get involved with servers they have never even step foot on. Deo will probobly kill era. and i want wait till he does to laugh in every ones face for being so ignorant.
I answer 8/10 PM's I get. The ones I don't answer right away are usually because I am preoccupied. Often times the person I answer doesn't like my answer and continually pm's me about the same subject. This is when I start to ignore them because at that point talking to them is a waste of my time. There is a difference in this and flat out ignoring someone.

You aren't one to complain Ace. What other Manager would have given you the chance I did with the history that you have? It's unfortunate that you once again blew it and are back where you started. This is obviously the root of your sudden hostility towards me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I've always wondered if Deo even wanted the manager position. It seems to me that Houdini just gave it to him because nobody else at the time was qualified for manager especially after Sales quit. The only reason why Deo has anything to do with Era is because his spot as the GP Chief was supposed to be some sort of evaluation before they made him a PWA. I'm pretty sure the last thing he expected when trying to get PWA was winding up as Era's manager.
Your right. The Manager position was thrown into my lap. I didn't ask for it nor did I expect to get it. However, I acknowledged Era had a problem and needed help so I accepted the job in order to steer things in the right direction. I am trying my best to keep all the staff active and in line while making sure Dev continues at a steady pace.

Quote:
Quite frankly (Haha I said frankly.. how ironic) I don't think Deo is a very suitable Manager. Not because of who he is or where he plays most. But for the simple fact that it doesn't seem like he enjoys doing what he's doing, nor does it seem as if he is very "cozy" to the community with which he lies. In my opinion a Manager should be very "open-ended" and by that meaning that they should be open and more than willing to do what is necessary to improve the server, and they should also be open to what the players want. By what i've seen, Deo doesn't very much seem like he cares much as to what the players of the server think.

I have a bitter sweet relationship with Era. I probably play on client there less then any other staff but I still have fun sometimes. It's more about business for me though which can be mundane at times. I am open minded and I listen to the players. Although, I like give each Department Chief a bit of sovereignty in their respective divisions. I don't intervene unless I feel it is absolutely necessary. It is also easier for me to evaluate them this way.

Quote:
I know if I was Manager, if a player had a good opinion on something, it would matter more than mine tbh.
I am all for some constructive criticism, but were you not the one who wanted to try and become Manager when Houdini was around and you were a LAT? Then you ended up being fired for trying to wreck the server forcing us to do a rollback. So, forgive me if I do not except your criticism as well as the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokell88 View Post
Thank god.
He did good at PR Admin k thx
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Graal Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
I am all for some constructive criticism, but were you not the one who wanted to try and become Manager when Houdini was around and you were a LAT? Then you ended up being fired for trying to wreck the server forcing us to do a rollback. So, forgive me if I do not except your criticism as well as the others.
Actually no, I didn't "Try" to become Manager at all to be honest. I simply told Tigarius that I would have liked to have held the position, than after seeing how much of the staff team consisted of idiots, I decided to "wreck" the server if that's what you want to call it. Although I never even tried to wreck the server, I simply spawned myself money for personal use. But either way, I see in no way at all how your statement has any relevance to what I was saying about accepting players opinions.. please explain?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
You spawned everone on the server like 15 mil, Unless im thinking of the wrong person.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
i spawned 5 gajillion rupees wassup
Old 03-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Graal Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
You spawned everone on the server like 15 mil, Unless im thinking of the wrong person.
Yes you are thinking of the wrong person, I spawned MYSELF money. Thrash was the one who spawned everyone money, which I specifically told him not to do and he did it anyways.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:51 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Actually no, I didn't "Try" to become Manager at all to be honest. I simply told Tigarius that I would have liked to have held the position, than after seeing how much of the staff team consisted of idiots, I decided to "wreck" the server if that's what you want to call it. Although I never even tried to wreck the server, I simply spawned myself money for personal use. But either way, I see in no way at all how your statement has any relevance to what I was saying about accepting players opinions.. please explain?
I remember you warping into peoples houses and taking their items. I think you even even traded the items from which you took from peoples houses to get some other items. You say you weren't wrecking anything on the server, however, ruining isn't ruining the economy and stealing peoples items considered as wrecking the server
Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
the last time i saw him on un was maybe a week ago? god forbid he plays other servers
Funny I don't remember ever seeing him on Era, before or after he became manager.

Quote:
no, you're being ignorant. you're exaggerating details about him. you can't even give him a chance, and you're calling us ignorant?
He has been manager for a while now, nothing has changed. Us stating that nothing has changed is not ignorant, nor is disagreeing with the direction he wants to take Era in. Just because someone doesn't support your idea doesn't make them ignorant it just means they don't like your idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
Deophite is doing a good job as a manager, bringing in a new manager may confuse players, I advise you remain with your current manager and once he resigns or gets fired, then Frankie should have an attempt to obtain the position of manager. If he does I'd support him though I have quit Era.
When a manager resigns or gets fired that means they let a server fall so far into decay that either they or their superiors know that it cannot be salvaged, I really would like to avoid that happening with Era.

Deo from your post it seems you want whats best for Era. I have nothing against you and as far as I can tell nor does anyone else, your even admired because of your determination to make Era a better server. But simply we just doubt your lack of experience with a server as unique as Era and we believe the direction your taking the server in would ruin Era by transforming it into something completely different. Era and its players are very different from any server on Graal, meaning Era has to be managed differently then any server on Graal. Anyway sadly so far it seems like your just repeating the mistakes of past managers because you were not present to learn from their errors like other qualified members of the community were.
Closed Thread