Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 02:10 AM
Vulcan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
What about the typical "temp" folder? For example to show your new GAT an example of something if you can't explain it very well or whatever.
Legally, Graal can't be hosting any copyrighted files on their servers. Technically having it there for a few minutes wont do harm, but its best to just use imageshack or another similar site for those kind of things.

Quote:
Uhh...midis? They are small, and self-made, which can be proven in my case. I think the latter one was the problem with music being uploaded?
midis are fine as long as they are not copyrighted. The rules is more in place to prevent people from uploading their whole music collection and using it for a radio. By streaming it, legal issues are avoided.

Quote:
Not even ones in the "temp" folder that are in there for like 2-3 minutes or something?
Again, technically it wont do harm if its only there for a few minutes, but it avoids issues with copyrights when other applications are used to transfer non Graal-related files....although, it's not like anyone would notice if its only there for a few minutes anyways ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
Uh, that's the way it should be, so that when staff have to make important announcements that affect all players, the players cannot turn around and say "well I didn't get a PM so I didn't know" if a player loses or breaks something as a result of not knowing that something had changed/happened.

Long may it stay that way.
I think the main problem is that you get staff members who are actually playing the game without a staff tag on and when they send a mass message about selling/trading items, a player ignoring masses will still get that PM. It would be nice if only masses from a staff tag were able to override the mass messages ignored option.

Playerword Issues: Support Center
Email: [email protected]

Last edited by Vulcan; 08-04-2008 at 02:37 AM..
Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not one who pushes for change, specially when its breaking old tradition and what not, but I think a simple fix to this mass problem would for the mass override feature to only be activated when a staff member is massing on his or her staff tag, or from his or her RC.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
If someone uploads something bad its the uploader's fault.

Also, the staff position of RP Admin (the RP Admins being a team of 4-5 people) has long exist on Valikorlia and that will not change anytime soon.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Good re-write, in my opinion. I don't see anything wrong... except for staff massing. Valikorlia is 90 percent massing, 10 percent everything else, and staff mass through RC all the time. Certain things, such as staff positions (like Inverness mentioned) should be on a server-by-server basis. Some servers have a unique set-up, like Valikorlia for instance.

Also, upload teams are almost a necessity for Valikorlia, with the amount of graphics submitted each day. We'd rather have our GAT team making graphics than being bugged on AIM all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
The RC functionality is more than sufficient;... Servers should be prevented from reinventing these things wherever possible, not encouraged.
I don't think staff weapons are that bad. I understand if they interfere with built-in commands (warpto, etc). But, for instance, Valikorlia has commands like /editplayer, /warpother, /summon, /setguild, etc. What's so bad about things like this, as long as everything is logged (as it is on Valikorlia)?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
But, for instance, Valikorlia has commands like /editplayer, /warpother, /summon, /setguild, etc. What's so bad about things like this, as long as everything is logged (as it is on Valikorlia)?
These don't really give a player any advantages at all on Valikorlia to begin with so it'll probably be an exception.
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Valikorlia isn't like other servers so you're going to have to make some special changes just for us.
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
All these rules sound very familiar. Hasn't this been posted somewhere before?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
All these rules sound very familiar. Hasn't this been posted somewhere before?
Spark's old PWA rules write up.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=49824
Old 08-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I don't think staff weapons are that bad. I understand if they interfere with built-in commands (warpto, etc). But, for instance, Valikorlia has commands like /editplayer, /warpother, /summon, /setguild, etc. What's so bad about things like this, as long as everything is logged (as it is on Valikorlia)?
Other than /editPlayer (RC right: Set Others Attributes) and /warpOther (RC right: Warp Players), most commands that can be created aren't even in RC functionality, anyway. Things such as /summon, /setguild and so on are not rights that can be assigned by RC, thus cannot be a mimic or recreation of an RC right, so I wouldn't say such things would be on Skyld's list of things he'd rather not see be recreated.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-04-2008, 04:22 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
Stealing ideas from other servers will prevent the server from being Hosted or Classic status.
Is this just for blatant clones of large portions of other servers or will subtle similarities suffice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
No guilds should be offensive or have copyrighted names.
I hope this means trademarked.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:26 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
All staff positions should be genuine and with an exclusive purpose. E.g. You do not need someone to upload heads when the manager or graphics admin could do that.
Unless you're willing to cite some examples of why servers should not have a PR team to handle uploads, I don't see what's wrong with it. It's very convenient to have people in charge of these things this way other staff who probably have better things to do are not bothered with messages to upload heads. PRs also eliminate the need for an FAQ admin and a FAQ team because they are also there to handle player questions. It's Player Relations, not Head Uploader.

If it's really a problem, Era has a pretty good system of uploading heads. Our GPs that have an RC are basically labeled as PRs and they handle all the uploading. Each GP has their own day scheduled to them to upload. Heads are always being uploaded and I haven't had too many complaints on slow uploading (the ones I do get are just because players are mad their heads aren't uploaded as soon as they send them in)

Even so, that's just a last resort. I really don't think it's necessary to outlaw managers from hiring a PR team. Managers in no way should be responsible for uploading heads, nor should GAT admins. Era doesn't even have a GAT admin.

PRs have been around for a while and I've never seen a problem with it. I don't see what you see so please, explain to me and everyone else why you think there shouldn't be a PR team because I fail to see any negative things that have come out of it.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:39 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Frankie's post
The point in that rule is to say "Dont make a Staff Position named 'Head Uploader' " in general. PRs and GPs handling head uploading doesn't mean their job revolves around doing just head uploading, just that it involves it, and wouldn't be considered a job that doesn't have an exclusive purpose or isn't genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
Is this just for blatant clones of large portions of other servers or will subtle similarities suffice?
Naturally if one server has something another does, and blatancy is an issue, it will definitely be frowned at - pretty obvious, but subtle similarities in certain things would of course be easily overlooked. Especially if it's simple stuff like "Oh, let's make OSL an outside level". Just because Era's Unstick Me level is an outside one, doesn't mean the server will be penalised for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
I hope this means trademarked.
Most trademarked brands and names carry a copyright as it is.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Most trademarked brands and names carry a copyright as it is.
If anything as short as a guild name doesn't fall under fair use, your government is probably broken.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:39 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I'd like to know how strictly these rules will be enforced? I know the last set of rules was loosely enforced and served little purpose(s). I hope this is enforced well enough to keep a little order on the playerworlds. I also think PWAs should make it a point to refer everyone to this thread who has been caught breaking one of the rules. "You broke this rule, see here," this sort of approach could spread the rules to a further, stronger audience. It could also catch on with some server administrators if it's shown by example.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 08-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I'd like to know how strictly these rules will be enforced? I know the last set of rules was loosely enforced and served little purpose(s). I hope this is enforced well enough to keep a little order on the playerworlds.
I second that.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Closed Thread

Tags
playerworld rules, pwa