Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Yay, Gambet mentioned that I helped him fix it!

Could have sworn onplayerchats worked serverside in wNPCs :/

It really confused the crap out of me when it worked one second and it totally didn't work the other.

Thanks for that, bro.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Always happy to help with scripting!

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Typhoon Xanadu, Rawr.
MisterMastermind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MisterMastermind Send a message via MSN to MisterMastermind
No... I'd own too hard and get continually kicked for "lolzomfghackzore!". Don't allow it to kick gold players, just trials because they're the ones who normally hack, gold players don't do it because they'd lose something they paid money for.

I believe in karma, so that I may do bad things to people and assume they deserve it.

Much love to all of the Xanadu's; Pip, BrAwLeR, Huwajux, Jo, KDS, RayP2P, Kenjaro, TripleE, Rykuz, Stoned4Life, juice188, Albi5erind, Tenchry_P2P, ryohazuki90, littlec, Snoro, MajinDragon, Allen, Spanishmafia1643, zwill, Wolfey, HitmanJ2XX, and UnknownMastermind.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Is this for people managing hackers on their own? If so, how much will it work when people are getting asked to vote someone out if only one other person actually saw them hack?

Anyways, I might not play Zone but I like the idea itself. I'm sure if it does get abused too much and leads to problems it will be tweaked or removed. No harm in trying it out.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
could be cool, :kick huwajux
Old 06-02-2007, 01:14 PM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
See, I thought of this idea a while back, didn't say anything but it was in the back of my head and I thought of mentioning it but I saw so many problems with it.
First of all they could do this to people with high bounty to get them out then lame and wait for them to come.
Second of all a person who is really good and is owning all the people on the other team could be kicked because well, they're good.
Third is people who are accused of hacking but they are just good, people will kick them because of alleged "hacking"
Fourth is that people who are kicked will complain a lot about it not being fair, which makes it an annoying job for ETs.
Fifth sometimes people like to join in the fun of kicking someone for the hell of it.
Sixth the person might have a lot of friends and he says "Kick this person", so they do.
Seventh they'd probably be pissed at the people who have the highest scores on the other team so they band together to kick them off and every time they come back they kick them again because they don't wanna fight that person.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
could be cool, :kick huwajux
>_>
Old 06-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Unforgotten Realms > all
Darkdemon452 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Is this for people managing hackers on their own? If so, how much will it work when people are getting asked to vote someone out if only one other person actually saw them hack?

Anyways, I might not play Zone but I like the idea itself. I'm sure if it does get abused too much and leads to problems it will be tweaked or removed. No harm in trying it out.
If you knew the zone community you would change your mind...
Old 06-02-2007, 02:39 PM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Why not just hire more trustable people to watch over the Zoneians.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis_wing View Post
Why not just hire more trustable people to watch over the Zoneians.
>_>
Old 06-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post

It's really just for players to be able to manage their team more. I mean, I've played tons of games with vote kicking systems, and yeah, there are always the annoying players that want to kick everyone, but they eventually stop when they realize that no one else on the team is going to kick the people that they are trying to get removed.

And hey, it only makes sense to be removed from a team if over half of the team is unsatisfied with you. And if you do get removed, just join the other team and own them.

And yes, if problems do appear, then it can easily be tweaked. As already stated, this type of system has worked and currently works in many games, so there is no reason as to why it couldn't work here. I'm sure other games have their own percentage of immature players as well, but the mature players in the team don't vote out people that don't deserve it, thus it's a system of checks and balances. And since only Gold status users can even trigger the action of kicking someone, that too should limit abuse.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Unforgotten Realms > all
Darkdemon452 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
It's really just for players to be able to manage their team more. I mean, I've played tons of games with vote kicking systems, and yeah, there are always the annoying players that want to kick everyone, but they eventually stop when they realize that no one else on the team is going to kick the people that they are trying to get removed.

And hey, it only makes sense to be removed from a team if over half of the team is unsatisfied with you. And if you do get removed, just join the other team and own them.

And yes, if problems do appear, then it can easily be tweaked. As already stated, this type of system has worked and currently works in many games, so there is no reason as to why it couldn't work here. I'm sure other games have their own percentage of immature players as well, but the mature players in the team don't vote out people that don't deserve it, thus it's a system of checks and balances. And since only Gold status users can even trigger the action of kicking someone, that too should limit abuse.
So...like...I can kick all the noobs in my team
Old 06-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdemon452 View Post
So...like...I can kick all the noobs in my team

If you want to and over half of your team wants to, then yes.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Desear
UnknownMasterMind is on a distinguished road
I like it but being Locked for 5 Minutes would not be cool, you could not play spar or another planet or anything. And you might have been kicked for healing the other team too when you are a medic(I don't like this.). How about it just makes it so you have to either go on the other team or 5 Minutes to go back to your team?

Sincerely,
Desear
Old 06-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMasterMind View Post
I like it but being Locked for 5 Minutes would not be cool, you could not play spar or another planet or anything. And you might have been kicked for healing the other team too when you are a medic(I don't like this.). How about it just makes it so you have to either go on the other team or 5 Minutes to go back to your team?

Sincerely,
Desear

It's up to Stefan, I don't really care. I just wanted to script the system so I did. All of the other stuff I leave open to Stefan to decide (whther or not to alter times and so forth).

5 minutes seems reasonable to me, though.