Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Well...

How many photos do you take everyday related to Graal?
How many photos do you take in a day, period?

I could understand if you were Zero or something, but most non graal related art posted here is not posted all that frequently. It's not because it isn't allowed, (As a matter of fact, it's encouraged.) but because doing works of that calibur usually take a good deal of time to prepare. Making forums for Art, Media, and Literature, would be all-encompassing, and would probably draw a lot of the threads littering NGRT into their proper places. There are so many threads that have been created that can fit into those sections.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Well, I skipped the majority of the last posts, but I agree - I guess there should be a place for litrature art, but the only way it would even become popular is if it's attached to the art forum. So I guess there should be a new art forum in the private foroums too?

But there should definately be a vote for the moderator.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
But why do that when we already have an art forum that serves the same purpose? Unless you're doing tasteful nude art, (As distasteful is not permissible.) there's no reason why the general art forum should be privatized. It's a general forum. Nothing bad is posted on it in the first place, so categorizing it that way would be rather ill thought-out. It would be nice to have a forum called "The Arts" with 3 subforums within. One for Artwork, one for Literature, one for Music or Video. (Media) This should also be suggested in Future Improvements, as it will probably get nowhere if the subject is left here.
There is not currently an "art" forum.
There is a graphics forum which was made generally for graal graphics, but can also be used for other graphics. It is not a forum for all kinds of art.

I agree that links for graphics in that particular forum maybe should be allowed, but it is still a graphic forum, not an art forum.
I would like to see an art forum here in the private forum like the thread suggests for artists in general, not just graphics artists.
A place where artists can post links to their music, pictures, poetry, graphics, or whatever (within the rules, of course).

Personally, I would love to see the talent Graalians have.

On another note, I think the graphics forum should be a graal related graphics forum, and a forum here for other art.
There is barely any other art there anyway that is not graal related.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
It's clearly a popular idea, but we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

We don't want it to be private. Because we want it to be right here connected to this forum. But, if we leave it here, it is subject to the no external link rule. Which will greatly limit our ability to actually use the forum constructively.

It being privatized, like The Lounge could be neat. It would give us creative control over membership within (as with The Lounge, there is some control over keeping out those that disrespect the art or are just there to make fun). Also, if it is allowed in The Lounge, we could potentially get the same treatment and be allowed to elect our own mods.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 04-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142

We don't want it to be private. Because we want it to be right here connected to this forum. But, if we leave it here, it is subject to the no external link rule. Which will greatly limit our ability to actually use the forum constructively.

It being privatized, like The Lounge could be neat. It would give us creative control over membership within (as with The Lounge, there is some control over keeping out those that disrespect the art or are just there to make fun). Also, if it is allowed in The Lounge, we could potentially get the same treatment and be allowed to elect our own mods.
I think the pros outweigh the cons.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
There is not currently an "art" forum.
Oh? This is news to me.
Quote:
There is a graphics forum which was made generally for graal graphics, but can also be used for other graphics. It is not a forum for all kinds of art.
Please look at how those two sentences contradict each other. It's even worse that they're right next to each other.
Quote:
I agree that links for graphics in that particular forum maybe should be allowed, but it is still a graphic forum, not an art forum.
Yes they should. Yes it is. If you don't believe me, look at the threads in this forum where people have posted (gasp) art.
Quote:
I would like to see an art forum here in the private forum like the thread suggests for artists in general, not just graphics artists.
Please don't get the word 'graphics' and 'sprites' mixed up. This is a graphic arts forum. That is a broad categorization of any artwork which is captured digitally, be it sprites, photography, digital artwork, etc. Also, like I said before, there is no justifiable reason to have two artwork forums, one in general listings, and one in private, unless the works allowed in the private forums are ones that younger audiences shouldn't be viewing.
Quote:
There is barely any other art there anyway that is not graal related.
So why on earth would you make a forum for art that is rarely posted here anyway? That's a bit illogical. Seriously. Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142

Simple solution: Make the general entertainment section, as I suggested, and allow it to not be subjected to the 'no external linking' rule. It's not that hard. -_-
Old 04-06-2006, 10:29 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
How many photos do you take in a day, period?
Once I get my hand on my friend's camera phone I don't stop. One day we saw a 360 modena and took tons of pictures :x
Old 04-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Then another question arises. If you know you can post them here, why don't you post them? The simple answer would be that it is now not allowed. (Due to the offsite linking rule.) And the solution, of course, would be to enable posting of the links to them in the art forum.

If other categories were to be added as well, though, such as media and literature, they would be subjected to the same rule, and this discussion would begin anew, which is why it'd be a good idea to group them all under the same forum section, 'entertainment' and then have subforums beneath them. The ones within the entertainment section would need to be exempted from the no external linking rule, but moderated to an extent where the links are checked for content.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Then another question arises. If you know you can post them here, why don't you post them? The simple answer would be that it is now not allowed. (Due to the offsite linking rule.) And the solution, of course, would be to enable posting of the links to them in the art forum.
Wait, I was being retarded. Photos = graphic section so it would be normal. Offsite linking is ok as long as it's directly to picture and not a website. I think.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Wait, I was being retarded. Photos = graphic section so it would be normal. Offsite linking is ok as long as it's directly to picture and not a website. I think.
Thank you, Gerami. :]
Old 04-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Thank you, Gerami. :]
You're worthy of calling me Crono.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Administrator
Quote:

If other categories were to be added as well, though, such as media and literature, they would be subjected to the same rule, and this discussion would begin anew, which is why it'd be a good idea to group them all under the same forum section, 'entertainment' and then have subforums beneath them. The ones within the entertainment section would need to be exempted from the no external linking rule, but moderated to an extent where the links are checked for content.
As Gerami said, you are allowed to post pics as long as they are not linked.
As for the other stuff, that is what the new ngr was made for.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Quote:
that is what the new ngr was made for.
Lord that's open to interpretation. It's not that hard to say "Non-Graal Related" is it? :P
Old 04-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hour
Lord that's open to interpretation. It's not that hard to say "Non-Graal Related" is it? :P
Easier to say ngr. How you interpret it is your own problem. (You and your refering to the general public).
Old 04-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Quote:
Easier to say ngr. How you interpret it is your own problem. (You and your refering to the general public).
Clearly not an issue of how I interpret it, since I pointed out that it could be misinterpreted and made mention of the correct interpretation in my very short post.