FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:03 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antago
No but the situation is not entirely secluded from principles. For instance, is it okay to carry a piece of a crime if the crime itself is justified? Can the crime be justified? The answer is yes.
Murder is, in most cases, not justified by abuse. Especially cutting someone's head off? Come on man. No sane person carries around a human head to show that they care for someone.

Also, you using illegal software can not be compared in a logical sense. You used software that someone made without asking and/or paying for it. While this man abused his wife and put her through hell. If you think that the two are comparable, then you have no idea what the woman went through and you don't understand the situation at all.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned
Antago is on a distinguished road
I never said they're 100% applicably comparable in that they are sychronized as almost parrallels, but that the story serves it purpose to me at all because it's a story I've heard of, a part of my experience, and I deserve to make sense of it.

And, the point is, I was not able to pay for programs when I was younger, I did not have friends, people around me used drugs and got into lots of fights, and I did not have people that really honestly cared for me, supported me, and wanted to help me out to being myself. Instead, I spent my time away from these negative, destruction, abusive forces, and because of the oppression, sought to express myself artistically for my health and vitality. The major means was graphic work. I was also young, in middle school and highschool. So, I think that if you look at the contrast here (we were both looking for a better life, and looking out for our own sanity and health, even if it meant commiting a crime), they are comparable.

Also, I personally do think that her carrying around his head could me a means of sentimentally communicating the fact that it was not that she didn't love him and wanted him to go away completely, but that she couldn't live with his abuse. She communicated with his spirit while carrying around the head, but eventually decided to throw the head away over the bridge after some time. So, I don't think there is evidence here to call her crazy. Afterall, many people rely on funerals to get the sort of closure they need with a person, even if it is the whole body it is simply a pile of dirt that happens to be in the form of a person. In fact, many tribes and cultures actually do carry around the dead bodies, including the person's ashes as a means of outleting their love and expressing it. So, I am not sure why people honestly freak out and think, "Oh no! She carried his head! That is soooo weird," meanwhile they have probably cried at a funeral and paid respects to a corpse their self.

I think her carrying the head was a means of honoring the man she loved but whom she could not allow to live with her physically anymore because he was physically abusive, and her life and many children needed much better.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:39 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
This requires GIMP
Old 02-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Quote:
I never said they're 100% applicably comparable in that they are sychronized as almost parrallels, but that the story serves it purpose to me at all because it's a story I've heard of, a part of my experience, and I deserve to make sense of it.

And, the point is, I was not able to pay for programs when I was younger, I did not have friends, people around me used drugs and got into lots of fights, and I did not have people that really honestly cared for me, supported me, and wanted to help me out to being myself. Instead, I spent my time away from these negative, destruction, abusive forces, and because of the oppression, sought to express myself artistically for my health and vitality. The major means was graphic work. I was also young, in middle school and highschool. So, I think that if you look at the contrast here (we were both looking for a better life, and looking out for our own sanity and health, even if it meant commiting a crime), they are comparable.

Also, I personally do think that her carrying around his head could me a means of sentimentally communicating the fact that it was not that she didn't love him and wanted him to go away completely, but that she couldn't live with his abuse. She communicated with his spirit while carrying around the head, but eventually decided to throw the head away over the bridge after some time. So, I don't think there is evidence here to call her crazy. Afterall, many people rely on funerals to get the sort of closure they need with a person, even if it is the whole body it is simply a pile of dirt that happens to be in the form of a person. In fact, many tribes and cultures actually do carry around the dead bodies, including the person's ashes as a means of outleting their love and expressing it. So, I am not sure why people honestly freak out and think, "Oh no! She carried his head! That is soooo weird," meanwhile they have probably cried at a funeral and paid respects to a corpse their self.

I think her carrying the head was a means of honoring the man she loved but whom she could not allow to live with her physically anymore because he was physically abusive, and her life and many children needed much better.
What the hell are you talking about? She was carrying around a human head. In public. A human head. Just the head.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned
Yes, the head, but if you'll look at society, let's see if what she was doing is really all that religiously strange when you consider other religious practices:

Embalming a body.
Mummification.
Carrying around property from a deceased loved one (perhaps a lockette or something).
Having funerals.
Burying a body in an expensive casket with expensive clothing and stuff.
Visiting graves where the active mind is no longer pravelent.
Carrying around deceased love ones' ashes.
Making an altar of a deceased loved ones' ashes in your house.
Shrinking heads in ancient cultures and carrying them around.
Descalping victims during the French and Native American war and keeping the scalp.

There are many others, but the point is, people do these sorts of things, and she wasn't carrying it bare in public, but rather in a white tupperware type container inside a leather handbag.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Yes, the head, but if you'll look at society, let's see if what she was doing is really all that religiously strange when you consider other religious practices:

Embalming a body.
Mummification.
Carrying around property from a deceased loved one (perhaps a lockette or something).
Having funerals.
Burying a body in an expensive casket with expensive clothing and stuff.
Visiting graves where the active mind is no longer pravelent.
Carrying around deceased love ones' ashes.
Making an altar of a deceased loved ones' ashes in your house.
Shrinking heads in ancient cultures and carrying them around.
Descalping victims during the French and Native American war and keeping the scalp.

There are many others, but the point is, people do these sorts of things, and she wasn't carrying it bare in public, but rather in a white tupperware type container inside a leather handbag.
Yeah, I see where you are coming from...but didn't you say she was from California? This isn't an everyday practice that she is familar with.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel
Yeah, I see where you are coming from...but didn't you say she was from California? This isn't an everyday practice that she is familar with.
I believe in reincarnation. Some of us have such long histories in various cultures that adjusting ourselves to changes becomes much more difficult.

For instance, people who incarnate as female for many lifetimes in a row and then incarnate as a man may be very feminine and even homosexual for quite some time, perhaps their entire lifetime or even multiple lifetimes until they become familiar with dealing with things in another way.

There are a lot of people who come from a long, long line of various spiritual practices. In fact these are often why many people become gothic, because for many lifetimes they have lived in that way. When it comes to conforming/adapting to new ways of living and the present level of evolution on earth, people might find they are now incompatible. Earth is a school and is a realm. It is a dense/manifest realm that is meant to be stable so that energy may share it and incorporate theirselves into it, building up societies that have the potential to crash. With the possibility of recylcing (the limited use of material here, as opposed to dreams with endless possibilities), we learn lots of things about ourselves. It's another way of existing/expressing ourself and growing, learning, etc. Eventually there will be new realms, and in fact probably are new realms being formed all the time.

My point here is that it's not fair for any of us to blame, judge, and call someone crazy for having been a part of cultures and other various vibrations/realms/experiences that lead them to carry a head around as a religious practice, because we cut so much slack to people already. In fact some people have their lovers frozen in a freezer, or in embalming fluid. Some people actually carry their lovers' bones around on necklaces, a vile of blood, their teeth, etc. It's obviously strange, but for someone who has lived among many tribal incarnations here on earth, there has been much practice with the exploration of the use of physical form of people beyond simply allowing it to decay and be eaten by bugs. For her, perhaps it felt inhumane to dispose of the body herself, and she wanted more so she kept the head as a reminder, as a means of connecting with his energy, and to bring closure when she felt so guilty.

For that, I say, "You go girl. Go throw away your guilt."
Old 02-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Antago it's me Cubes(TeknikkMCL) <3
Old 02-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
An apology over using stolen software has turned into a philosophical discussion of beliefs, wtf.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Super Villain
ViCtOrEhEhEh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ViCtOrEhEhEh
This really is the stupidest topic ever.
Wtf man?

*Contacts*
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: Albo Playah
Old 02-26-2006, 02:03 AM
Angelus
petro1212 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to petro1212 Send a message via MSN to petro1212
... I seriously wonder where the people responscible for bringing us the soap opera get all their free time from.

Anyhow, redemption for piracy. I highly doubt piracy would hurt your Karma =o.. seeying as how my Dogma ate your Karma (.. nvm)
I think Boedha or whatever devine entity you place your trust upon, has way better things to do than to worry about the income for Jasc/Corel. Boedha uses a Mac and doesn't care for Corel software.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:17 AM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
You pirated paint shop pro 7 and your feeling bad about it rofl. Man your not even in my league Im already up to paint shop pro 9. Not only that I gave it to other people. Thats like killing your husband and eating him for breakfast atleast right?
Old 02-26-2006, 03:57 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix
You pirated paint shop pro 7 and your feeling bad about it rofl. Man your not even in my league Im already up to paint shop pro 9. Not only that I gave it to other people. Thats like killing your husband and eating him for breakfast atleast right?
Just make sure you obey the pirate's code and always seed after you're finished leeching.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Zatoichi
TrueHeaT is an unknown quantity at this point
what, are you ****ing nuts?

If anyone has any of my tilesets and graphics, please PM me as I would really love to have them.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:47 AM
The Great Nappa
Nappa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nappa
Worry not young one. I have spoken with an enlightened individual who commented that, as long as your attempt and intention were there, your karma would not be bad.