Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
A merge, combining the good ideas and work from both projects, would be beneficial to Graal2001. That's the important thing, to me. I'm confident that both Konidias and my projects will output something great, but if the good points from both could be combined, it would simply be amazing - even Stefan thinks so. As has been noted, however, Konidias has indicated that he's against this merge. He wants to do things his way, and feels that if he were to work with me he would not be able to accomplish this goal.
You and I both know that we would not work well in a co-management situation. So who would be manager? The content merged together might be the best content, but content alone does not make a server great. A server needs good management, and I don't see that happening when we both have different ideas of what 2k1 should be, and you've already had so many problems working with people in the past.

You don't have to make it sound like I'm the evil guy here. I disagree with the merge because I have no idea what my server would be merging with. I have not seen what you've done with 2k1 at all. You might as well be asking me to merge with a foreign country.

My server is a lot different than most anyone here can comprehend right now. I walked around on just the unedited levels with the new movement and body and graphics and it's like an entirely different game to me. I still believe that at the end of August, everyone will understand why a merge wouldn't work. The servers are going to be like night and day.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 07-21-2005, 10:47 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
You and I both know that we would not work well in a co-management situation. So who would be manager? The content merged together might be the best content, but content alone does not make a server great. A server needs good management, and I don't see that happening when we both have different ideas of what 2k1 should be
Management would of course be discussed. That's part of the actual process. Saying it doesn't work because we haven't started it yet is silly.

Quote:
and you've already had so many problems working with people in the past.
I have problems working with immature children. I sincerely hope you are not one of these, for it is a grave error to allow such people to run servers.

Quote:
You don't have to make it sound like I'm the evil guy here.
I'm not making you sound like the evil guy, just making a couple of statements about how things are.

Quote:
I disagree with the merge because I have no idea what my server would be merging with. I have not seen what you've done with 2k1 at all. You might as well be asking me to merge with a foreign country.
That's not the only reason you disagree with it. You already pointed out you don't think we could work out a way to management. And you do have an idea - plus, we'd of course tour each other around, run over the ideas with each other, etc. By the way, I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion that these suggations consist of 'we should work our servers together without, yaknow, actually going over things'. That just doesn't make sense. The process would involve a lot of collaboration, a lot of discussion, a lot of planning, etc.

Quote:
My server is a lot different than most anyone here can comprehend right now. I walked around on just the unedited levels with the new movement and body and graphics and it's like an entirely different game to me. I still believe that at the end of August, everyone will understand why a merge wouldn't work. The servers are going to be like night and day.
Okay. It's different because you have new movement and body and graphics, and we can't understand it for some reason. Gotcha!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Management would of course be discussed. That's part of the actual process. Saying it doesn't work because we haven't started it yet is silly.
Maybe he just doesn't want to deal with you? I can understand that desire.

Quote:
I have problems working with immature children. I sincerely hope you are not one of these, for it is a grave error to allow such people to run servers.
If he is one of these, you should be embarassed that he is probably going to win the race.

Quote:
I'm not making you sound like the evil guy, just making a couple of statements about how things are.
Why should he join you? Have you offered him any incentive? He already has his own free server, and alot of people who would not work for you would work for him.

Quote:
That's not the only reason you disagree with it. You already pointed out you don't think we could work out a way to management. And you do have an idea - plus, we'd of course tour each other around, run over the ideas with each other, etc. By the way, I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion that these suggations consist of 'we should work our servers together without, yaknow, actually going over things'. That just doesn't make sense. The process would involve a lot of collaboration, a lot of discussion, a lot of planning, etc.
And all of these collaborations, discussions and plannings would probably not take shape until well after August. What you are trying to do, sir, is force Stefan to eliminate the deadline.

Quote:
Okay. It's different because you have new movement and body and graphics, and we can't understand it for some reason. Gotcha!
Who is "we"? I understand perfectly.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
[DIDNT_READ_ALL_POSTS]
2 Servers? Isn't this inefficient?[/DIDNT_READ_ALL_POSTS]
Old 07-21-2005, 11:20 PM
dark overlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
Why should he join you? Have you offered him any incentive? He already has his own free server, and alot of people who would not work for you would work for him.
We should work together in the best interests of Graal2001. He's got good stuff, I have good stuff. Should Graal2001 not have all of the good stuff rather than some fraction thereof?

Quote:
And all of these collaborations, discussions and plannings would probably not take shape until well after August.
What? If there was an agreement to start, I do not think it would take terribly long. Where do you get this long time estimate?

Quote:
What you are trying to do, sir, is force Stefan to eliminate the deadline.
I look forward to your justification of this gem.

Quote:
Who is "we"? I understand perfectly.
'We' is the 'most everyone here' that Konidias referred to. Might help if you read the thread, buddy, instead of focusing on trolling.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Banned
Quote:
We should work together in the best interests of Graal2001. He's got good stuff, I have good stuff. Should Graal2001 not have all of the good stuff rather than some fraction thereof?
Should his completely pure 2k1 be polluted with the negative feelings which are commonly pointed at your version due to your management?

Quote:
What? If there was an agreement to start, I do not think it would take terribly long. Where do you get this long time estimate?
I'd imagine that it is done in the same fashion as other things you do.

Quote:
I look forward to your justification of this gem.
^
on trolling.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-21-2005, 11:59 PM
dark overlord
Quote:
Should his completely pure 2k1 be polluted with the negative feelings which are commonly pointed at your version due to your management?
Because of course everything in this world is either black or it is white and there is no grayscale. And people are never allowed to change their minds. And his has no negative feelings. Gotcha.

Quote:
I'd imagine that it is done in the same fashion as other things you do.
So in other words, you're basing it on misinformation and a heavily biased opinion, but not on any actual, factual information. Sweet.

Quote:
^
on trolling.
^
On continuing to fail to provide justification.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Banned
Quote:
Because of course everything in this world is either black or it is white and there is no grayscale. And people are never allowed to change their minds. And his has no negative feelings. Gotcha.
Currently, the topic is not "everything in this world", it is your potential effect on his project.

Quote:
So in other words, you're basing it on misinformation and a heavily biased opinion, but not on any actual, factual information. Sweet.
Well, I've given you opportunities to refute my claims, but you never have. And no, you're weak "WELL IF YOU DON'T PROVE ME WRONG I'M RIGHT" philosophy doesn't count.
Quote:
^
On continuing to fail to provide justification.
Don't mess with my posts unless you have a reason.
EDIT:Oops, you didn't.
I'm not justifying anything to you. Your plan is bad.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:22 AM
dark overlord
Quote:
I'm not justifying anything to you.
Well, I know that much already, but I wanted to see your justification/explanation of this, because I have no idea what you mean or how you came to this conclusion:

Quote:
What you are trying to do, sir, is force Stefan to eliminate the deadline.
But it's cool if you don't want to.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
This is my stance on everything -

Lance's server:
Tseng's server is what I really want. It's a reformed classic 2k1. Goes along with the storyline, brings about new kingdoms that look kickass.

A con of this is that Tseng aint exactly the best apple from the Manager Tree. You can argue this all you want but I know it's taken like a year to make two kingdoms. All of his staff keep quitting, that's the only proof I need. This server would be the best if it were completed.

Koni's Server:
It's not what I want. With the kingdoms, bomies, everything. A tileset does not make a server, nor does 2k1 need one. You said that new players wouldn't come without a tileset, however many good servers retain the old tileset. But that's just a minor thing, I dont want a brand new server... I dont want a brand new game... I want Graal2001, simple as that.

You said that Lance's 2k1 and your 2k1 will be like night and day, I dont want that. You can make your own server if you wish, we want Graal 2001.

However, Koni has done a lot in his small timeframe. But then again we dont need a manager who will make a basement from a tower.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurkiba
This is my stance on everything -

Lance's server:
Tseng's server is what I really want. It's a reformed classic 2k1. Goes along with the storyline, brings about new kingdoms that look kickass.

A con of this is that Tseng aint exactly the best apple from the Manager Tree. You can argue this all you want but I know it's taken like a year to make two kingdoms. All of his staff keep quitting, that's the only proof I need. This server would be the best if it were completed.

Koni's Server:
It's not what I want. With the kingdoms, bomies, everything. A tileset does not make a server, nor does 2k1 need one. You said that new players wouldn't come without a tileset, however many good servers retain the old tileset. But that's just a minor thing, I dont want a brand new server... I dont want a brand new game... I want Graal2001, simple as that.

You said that Lance's 2k1 and your 2k1 will be like night and day, I dont want that. You can make your own server if you wish, we want Graal 2001.

However, Koni has done a lot in his small timeframe. But then again we dont need a manager who will make a basement from a tower.
We have no idea as to how succesful Koni will be. Change isn't inherently bad.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:44 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
We have no idea as to how succesful Koni will be. Change isn't inherently bad.
I'm sure Zurkiba knows this. But his point is that he doesn't want change, he just wants a slightly updated classic 2k1 as opposed to a renovation like Koni is doing.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanderX
I'm sure Zurkiba knows this. But his point is that he doesn't want change, he just wants a slightly updated classic 2k1 as opposed to a renovation like Koni is doing.
We would all like that, but we can't have it. We've asked for it before.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
A slightly updated classic 2k1 wouldn't hold anyone's interest for more than a week. You may say that is what you want, but that's because right now you can't get what you want. Once you have what you want, it won't be that desireable anymore.

I'm not changing 2k1 entirely so that it's not even recognizable as 2k1... I'm simply improving things on 2k1 that will make the server more fun. The general overworld will still be there, just modified a little. The familiar buildings and npcs and whatnot will still be there. In fact, I think it will feel MORE like 2k1 than it has ever been. If that makes any sense. Again, I'm not claiming the new graphics make the server a revolution. It's just a bonus, not my entire revision plan.

My plans for a revision have been culminating since 2002. There is a lot more to it than just new graphics and removal of some stuff. I won't waste my time explaining anymore though. I really need to work on it.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 07-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
A slightly updated classic 2k1 wouldn't hold anyone's interest for more than a week. You may say that is what you want, but that's because right now you can't get what you want. Once you have what you want, it won't be that desireable anymore.

I'm not changing 2k1 entirely so that it's not even recognizable as 2k1... I'm simply improving things on 2k1 that will make the server more fun. The general overworld will still be there, just modified a little. The familiar buildings and npcs and whatnot will still be there. In fact, I think it will feel MORE like 2k1 than it has ever been. If that makes any sense. Again, I'm not claiming the new graphics make the server a revolution. It's just a bonus, not my entire revision plan.

My plans for a revision have been culminating since 2002. There is a lot more to it than just new graphics and removal of some stuff. I won't waste my time explaining anymore though. I really need to work on it.
2k1 was doing perfectly fine... even as a gold server back when everyone was playing 2k2. They said 2k2 would never come back. (Look at picture)

Why did it return? Because it was the exact same server, with kingdoms. It lasted a good while. Why did Lance's first revival fail?... no kingdoms.
Attached Images