Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Well, what I would like to see is an option for window resolution, and game resolution, that way I could run Graal at 640x480 as a game resolution, and the window is at 800x600, the extra area would be where I could put the windows and such, out of the way of the actual game. (It would appear as a black area, or so).

Sort of like a window in a window. This would solve the issue of not being able to move the PM window(s) outside of the Graal window.
I like that, I don't like the debug window and such being opened inside the game display. But would the space be blanked in fullscreen? I tend to use fullscreen in Linux because I lag too much if I do otherwise.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:04 AM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify
I like that, I don't like the debug window and such being opened inside the game display. But would the space be blanked in fullscreen? I tend to use fullscreen in Linux because I lag too much if I do otherwise.
Yes, that's the idea...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gamesize.png
Views:	130
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	29278  
Old 08-06-2004, 08:08 PM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Nickname display can be turned off in the Graal options. The chatting improvements can be easier done with the new scripting engine, although thats already possible with the current script (to display it in a special box instead of above the heads).
The playerlist is probably one of the main reasons why people currently often don't use v3. V3 is often much faster and should solve some lag problems that players have. I am currently working on improving the playerlist for Graal3D/3.1, may be you could post some more ideas here so that I know what I should add
(thinks like customize the groups (not just admin,guild,buddy), display pms of people who logged out, display if someone has read the message)
I was suggesting the removal of the playerlist feature altogether. A chatbox with /commands would be so much more effecient. :o

example: http://home.houston.rr.com/frolic/samplechat.JPG

Last edited by Raelyn; 08-06-2004 at 08:25 PM..
Old 08-06-2004, 08:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I like the playerlist window the way it is now. That better be an option for v3..
Old 08-06-2004, 11:32 PM
PipBoy Extraordinaire!
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
I like the playerlist window the way it is now. That better be an option for v3..
Why? the way it is now is cross platform.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Tipo Del Sig. Nizza
RagedWebJAL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RagedWebJAL Send a message via Yahoo to RagedWebJAL
You know how when you're on player and RC at the same time, and you get multiple PMs to both? Well, wouldn't it be nice if there was PM-Forwarding, where you can set your RC to automatically send the PMs to your player instead of having to switch back and forth between the two?
Therefore, I am Perfect.

./\_/\
(^_^)
(")_(")

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52328&page=25&pp=15&highlight=Pic tures
Old 08-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Aha! I think we should have an attachments feature to the ye olde PM system. This would enable quick transfer of levels and imags amongst other things which would help greatly rather then having to use email or an instant messanger program.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn
I was suggesting the removal of the playerlist feature altogether. A chatbox with /commands would be so much more effecient. :o

example: http://home.houston.rr.com/frolic/samplechat.JPG
That's looking like the Graal3D chat
Old 08-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
That's looking like the Graal3D chat
That would be a lot better than clicking toall's constantly and maybe have a
transparent setting so people can see whats going on in that area. It can
probably be scripted though I am sure...

Last edited by Mafukie; 08-10-2004 at 01:54 AM..
Old 08-13-2004, 07:03 AM
the Professional.
Raelyn will become famous soon enough
Either way, I just think it would be more effecient that way, no reason to load an extra window, and on top of that, it would eliminate the horribly mess and useless names below characters and drawing text over their heads, that was by far the most retarded way a chat system could have possibly been implemented and it made me laugh to see large numbers of people in the same spot all saying stuff right up until the days I quit playing, talk about a word scramble.

It's not like I care one way or the other. I don't even play graal anymore and after my account runs empty I won't be updating it anymore.

I'm tired of seeing graal fail miserably in originality time and time again, maybe I should make a thread for the future improvement of graal's creative concepts team (or lack thereof), they appear to keep deciding it's easier and more cost effective to copy everyone else than to actually do any work.