Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-05-2002, 08:10 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
i like yoshi's the best, it DOES match D_K, if u've been there, it is getting much better, with terrains and stuff,
Frolic's and Prov's are very nice also
Old 12-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Forbidden
G_yoshi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to G_yoshi
Quote:
Originally posted by Zolrieg

i never once said it was my gui.

i don't like yours because it doesn't match the graal style at all, it looks too plastic or whatever the word is. i think the bars are badly done and it just looks ugly
Um, hello?! When did I say I wanted to "match" the "Graal" style? That is what sickens me the most. This "Graal" style is getting boring, drab, uninteresting, and unintuitive. I'm doing something different. Breaking free of the seemingly endless pattern that I get tired of. But I guess that's taboo or forbidden for some reason.

You realize, if I were to resubmit my PW, I'd probably more than likely get it passed with flying colors and thensome. To me, my PW represents a product. A product which I want to sell and that is what I aim to do. Yes, I'm more than aware there are people that won't like it, but that is thier problem. All I try to be concerned with is that I do the best that I can with the abilities that I have. I'm tired of seeing the half-assed attempts a lot of players make to produce crap they call quality work. It makes me want to vomit and stab myself many times

Again, I know what I have is not the best there is, but it is by far probably much better than what is already available as far as playerworlds are concerned. I'm all for new stuff, even tilesets so long as they look somewhat original. Recolors of the default tileset (or default anything) do not impress me in the very least. Rather, I gag at the very sight.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Ninja of the Night
Zolrieg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi

Um, hello?! When did I say I wanted to "match" the "Graal" style?
What I meant to say was the style of your graal server, not the 'graal-zelda' style.

Quote:
Originally posted by G_yoshi You realize, if I were to resubmit my PW, I'd probably more than likely get it passed with flying colors and thensome.
That's super.

Quote:
I'm tired of seeing the half-assed attempts a lot of players make to produce crap they call quality work. It makes me want to vomit and stab myself many times ]
I think yours is 'crap' and you're bragging about it. It's all a matter of opinions. I prefer a simple flat style, oh well. Maybe you should do as you suggested.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
<showingoff>
Mines better
</showingoff>

Its nice and clean.
sorry but i dont like that at all =/ it looks like its gone through too many photoshop effects to me, some people may like it and I wont deny that it may be good, my opinion is just that I dont like it (if it wasnt done with photoshop or special effects my aplogy, I hope you get what I'm saying tho) I would post the 2230 GUI (which I like a lot) but I am waiting until we get a lot more done so we (2230 staff) can post a 'Yes we are alive' thread
Old 12-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by Zolrieg

What I meant to say was the style of your graal server, not the 'graal-zelda' style.
I'm following the rules and guidelines I was given in order for me to recieve what I'm still waiting for; the special GServer for the terrain. And who are you to say that I am forced to a certain style? Yeah, somethings clash because I don't have final images such as character sprites or the sprites for the JobClasses. I don't have anyone else to do this for me so I'm forced to do it all myself. I've had people offer before, but thier work was less than satisfactory. Again, slapping a damn texture on an image doesn't make it look nice most often.

Quote:

I think yours is 'crap' and you're bragging about it. It's all a matter of opinions. I prefer a simple flat style, oh well. Maybe you should do as you suggested.
Graal wouldn't last long in the market if the graphics were not on par with other games on the market. People won't buy a game if they don't think it looks good and flat, plain images are not going to impress most consumers. At most, you'll get kids who are suckered in and that kind dry up fairly quick.

As for Jagen, I'm pretty sure the 2230 displays look nice if birdo is doing them I like what I have and it fits I want.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:51 PM
what
BeZeRkEr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to BeZeRkEr Send a message via AIM to BeZeRkEr
Quote:
<showingoff>
Mines better
</showingoff>

Its nice and clean.
It's not nice and clean
you used some filters in photoshop or paintshop pro
whoop de doo
pixel it yourself and then i'll be impressed
some filter-made crap doesn't go with graal
and that is ugly
Old 12-06-2002, 01:46 AM
Forbidden
Quote:
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr

It's not nice and clean
you used some filters in photoshop or paintshop pro
whoop de doo
pixel it yourself and then i'll be impressed
some filter-made crap doesn't go with graal
and that is ugly
Um, anything can go with Graal, *****. It is not like filters weren't used on some of the sprites and displays on 2k2. So your point is null. All I have done is follow the directions I've been given from the higher ups and so far, I've fulfilled thier requests.

Many of you complain about wanting Graal to change, yet when someone presents new ideas or things that may change and improve things, you all shun it like its evil or something. Make up your damned minds, already. Are we going to move on and try to improve standards so that someday Graal can actually be sold in stores or are we going to continue to sit here in our mediocrity and complain and moan because nothing new ever is displayed. Unless anyone makes a real effort to raise standards, nothing will ever change. It will all remain this crap you call gold. And guess what? People usually don't waste thier money on fecal matter they can produce on thier own.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:25 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
take it easy there guys...i like his, lets not all bash yoshi, because, technically, he cud pwn juss about all at us at all areas of dev.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:38 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
birdbird has nothing to do with 2230, I dont think that anything he has made is on the server (that we will be using), garel made it and I think garel is better than birdbird
Old 12-06-2002, 07:08 AM
what
BeZeRkEr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to BeZeRkEr Send a message via AIM to BeZeRkEr
Quote:

Um, anything can go with Graal, *****. It is not like filters weren't used on some of the sprites and displays on 2k2. So your point is null. All I have done is follow the directions I've been given from the higher ups and so far, I've fulfilled thier requests.

Many of you complain about wanting Graal to change, yet when someone presents new ideas or things that may change and improve things, you all shun it like its evil or something. Make up your damned minds, already. Are we going to move on and try to improve standards so that someday Graal can actually be sold in stores or are we going to continue to sit here in our mediocrity and complain and moan because nothing new ever is displayed. Unless anyone makes a real effort to raise standards, nothing will ever change. It will all remain this crap you call gold. And guess what? People usually don't waste thier money on fecal matter they can produce on thier own.
What do you mean they can't produce that on there own?
Anyone could make a banner like that..

Graal2002 doesn't use filters
It's something called airbrush
Cardone used a tablet to draw in outlines
then he airbrushed
that simple no?
Old 12-12-2002, 01:39 AM
It´s hard being nice -_-
Garel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Garel Send a message via AIM to Garel Send a message via Yahoo to Garel
Quote:
Originally posted by Python523
birdbird has nothing to do with 2230, I dont think that anything he has made is on the server (that we will be using), garel made it and I think garel is better than birdbird
Yes, Birdy has left 2230 long ago.