Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
The old gang system wasn't fun...old players made it fun. In fact, the old "gang system" wasn't really more than a simple tagging system. Any entertainment we got out of it, we made up ourselves.

Were the bases better? Maybe. But people complained about how terrible they were just as much if not more than you guys are doing right now. Fixing the bases, reverting to the old system, adding a point shop -- these all might provide some short-term relief, but they will not solve the long term problem.

Era really needs to move away from this idea that every time a player fires their weapon they deserve some kind of reward. It doesn't work. Era also needs to start shifting its focus away from being so item-based and economy-driven. Era is very unappealing to any new players, or players who just want to log on casually and pk, because they don't stand a chance against the people who have dedicated their lives to this game.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
For the times they are a-changin'.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
people who have dedicated their lives to this game.
Era, also commonly known as life.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Delete all but like 10 guns max, makes server less economy driven, back to pvp/PK superiority. Era's problem is everyone wants to be richer, iPhone Era and old cool Era it was possible to get the best gun in a matter of days, but took weeks to be on par skill wise with the other good Pkers of the server. <--- Era fix rite there.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I've been saying that Era needs to be less economy driven for years and everyone ignored me and kept putting wasted effort in trying to balance the economy. I remember first proposing the idea back when Daz was the manager, and back then the economy was so important to everyone.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:19 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
So, let's just make a script so everyone logs in with every single gun. Problem solved.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:24 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
So, let's just make a script so everyone logs in with every single gun. Problem solved.
Brilliance
Old 03-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I don't know why it's so hard to get the economics of gun prices right.
Guns that are only slightly better than a $1000 AK47 are for sale in stores for $50k+.

I don't think Era is the right server for it anymore because it has become more of a social hangout now rather than a competitive PKing server. But if I were to make a new gun based server I would establish strict rules for each class of guns, so that you don't end up with one rifle being the best gun in every stat.
Reload time, imo, is the best stat to be used as a class balancing stat. I started doing something with the shotgun reload (making it take a long time but letting the player move slowly while reloading), and was in the process of pumping up shotgun damage to try and make them a real viable weapon without just making them shoot ridiculously fast or in a crazy cone of bullets.
The next step was to increase the reload time on rifles, and increase (double?) the spread while d and any direction key are both being held down -- both of which would nip walling right in the butt.
As long as players can reload and continue firing without leaving any noticeable gap in their wall of bullets then PKing will feel lame and boring.
Ideally, you should be able to rush a player and kill them in the time it takes them to reload. Teamwork and skill (and hotkeys?) suddenly become important.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:08 AM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
^ Extremely Good Ideas ^
Old 03-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Were the bases better? Maybe. But people complained about how terrible they were just as much if not more than you guys are doing right now. Fixing the bases, reverting to the old system, adding a point shop -- these all might provide some short-term relief, but they will not solve the long term problem.
people used to complain, now they simply don't raid or stop raiding after 5minutes or as soon as ulms is hosted lol
and those complaints brought to taking out most of the furniture in the gang bases (furniture helped ppl to avoid combat, the same problem we're having with a base too big in size). the gang system was changed so that ppl would create their own gangs (that's what the party system is for) and for the famous gang point shop which was never opened. there weren't any issues with BH and BB gang bases. the only gang base every1 hated was LC (AGAIN, cuz it was easy to run and avoid combat in that base).
i'm confident these problems will cease since jem is working on some more adequate bases. i saw some of the templates and they're very good.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
the gang system was changed so that ppl would create their own gangs (that's what the party system is for)

and for the famous gang point shop which was never opened.

there weren't any issues with BH and BB gang bases. the only gang base every1 hated was LC (AGAIN, cuz it was easy to run and avoid combat in that base).

i'm confident these problems will cease since jem is working on some more adequate bases. i saw some of the templates and they're very good.
I believe the gang system is being switched back to the classic 4 gangs using the current system.

The point shop is completed but needs to be populated with the things to buy.

The old bases are being used to create new bases, remodeled/updated and might I say.. pretty awesome.

And yes, Benny is pulling things together and hopefully (for once) everything gets finished and released in a timely manner without the dreaded 'Alfonso Effect'.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Yes we can all live in peace!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor View Post
yes we can all live in peace!
amen brah
Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
Just cause I don't post like BloodyKiller, dont think twice. I take graalonline the adventure to a personal level.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:38 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
y U NO LIKE ME?!?!?!!??!?!?!!?!?