Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrules View Post
Sacrifices must be made. I've never seen you play Era, which means you are unaware that most of this "hard work" you speak of was done through duping, usd'ing, and Alfonso's raffles. Which randomly gave players guns worth 1-2 million, in result further raping the economy. Oh and those student who did well will obviously do well again, aka **** you.
although i kinda agree with the raffle thing the guns were added, but no cash was. i think the wealth is spread way more evenely now than it was. the point of the gun shops being added as well was to decrease the value of all the overpriced weapons by giving weapons just as good or better for cheap. but era kids are so greedy that the plan didnt work, meaning acr is still 800 or so K yet scar+s6 and **** are way more? um what? and everyone had to go through the same steps to get to where they are whether it be hard work, bet spars, selling potions (newer way but gives options to people who dont have the time for the other two). if anything i say increase the money flow because why does it matter how many items there are? everyone has alot of items and everyone is happy. simple is it not? who cares if value goes down on items when the value of money is also down.... sounds like a win win if u ask me
Old 01-04-2012, 06:30 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
im the richest player on the server by far and i never usded or duped

a reset would kill era, and im glad that globals realise that
the best thing that can be done to era (excluding improving the gang system) is making earning money pk-based simply because most people play era to pk so it'd be much easier and enjoybale to earn money
fmj you're obviously a noob since higher freeze means that fighting requires a potentially slower button-tapping rate and highly limits your potential, which is obviously ur case
Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
tl;dr
Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 AM
Knightress is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I did not read anything in this thread beyond the title, but there are many things that need to be done before Era can ever have a successful reset.

Someone may have mentioned this already, but simply pressing the reset button won't solve anything long-term.

Completely agree with you Sales...

To the rest of you... Instead of seeing all the dev staff on Era abusing the **** out of players. Dev is supposed to be the answer, right? Finish Dev, give us Dev, give us a reset we actually have a chance at making something of...
Old 01-04-2012, 06:50 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
tk's idea actually does make decent sense for the record even tho u will all shelf it because everyone hates him lol. if killing was a more viable way of earning what u want u could get weapons with points u earn and or cash. basically a second cash system that is earned by raiding/pking and possibly events. both could be combined in the purchase of a weapon or item. that way noobs could spend less time working and more time learning and get upgrades along the way. and i think gun stats are perfect the way they are after wil changed them. nothing is blatantly unbeatable, someone good can still beat someone using say an acr or mp5 with an uzi. any slower than what it is now becomes even more boring. and like i said WHO ****ING CARES how many items people have if everyone has them. make everything more easily atainable. sounds like the people who want a reset want a chance to be the one with all the overpowered **** instead. dont start from scratch, just level the playing field
Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I totally agree with Sales, the way Era is now we cannot just reset, because Era is all about becomingnrich, there is no cash flow, cash simply appears from somewhere. But you also have to consider that we would never get back to the point where we are right now, because we got here due to corrupted and dumb staff plus duping bugs.

also era dev will most probably not be the answer just a spoieler. .. but then again im a pessimist ;-)
Old 01-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
And Stefan said no, to a reset. So, I am gone. Screw Era, screw Graal. A reset was the last hope to see if it would succeed or be dead as it is, and will forever be now. BYEBYEBYEBYEBYEBYEBYE amigo AMIGO!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Era can't reset just like that, without new content, it will just go back to the way it was after time. We need quests, missions, businesses, islands, stuff to do etc. And that is the stuff that is being worked on Dev.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
I understand the reasons given as to why Era would benefit a reset, but wouldn't players be a little annoyed to find that when they log on, all of their items, money, guns or whatever else have been cleared? Perhaps carrying out a test to see what kind of impact a reset would have on Era, ask the players if they like what's been said and then if approved by a PWA go ahead with the reset if the majority of Era's player count agree.

Quote:
And Stefan said no, to a reset. So, I am gone. Screw Era, screw Graal. A reset was the last hope to see if it would succeed or be dead as it is, and will forever be now. BYEBYEBYEBYEBYEBYEBYE amigo AMIGO!
Bai now
Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
I understand the reasons given as to why Era would benefit a reset, but wouldn't players be a little annoyed to find that when they log on, all of their items, money, guns or whatever else have been cleared? Perhaps carrying out a test to see what kind of impact a reset would have on Era, ask the players if they like what's been said and then if approved by a PWA go ahead with the reset if the majority of Era's player count agree.
A "test" reset was one of my first suggestions to the PWA's, this was also denied by the majority of them.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon551 View Post
A "test" reset was one of my first suggestions to the PWA's, this was also denied by the majority of them.
Seriously? Do they give any reason?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Seriously? Do they give any reason?
The reason I was given was: "It doesn't make you look very confident with your new content". I do understand that, for the most part, but I wasn't really trying to see if players would like the new content or not, I was mainly just trying to obtain permission from PWAs after they see how the majority of the players would prefer the new content (well at least that was the plan). After I was told this, I reassured them I was confident with my new content and just wanted to go through with the reset. I was still denied permission.

Some of the Playerworld Administrators I spoke with were fine with me doing a "test" or full reset, but some weren't.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 01-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
The reason I was given was: "It doesn't make you look very confident with your new content". I do understand that, for the most part, but I wasn't really trying to see if players would like the new content or not, I was mainly just trying to obtain permission from PWAs after they see how the majority of the players would prefer the new content (well at least that was the plan). After I was told this, I reassured them I was confident with my new content and just wanted to go through with the reset. I was still denied permission.

Some of the Playerworld Administrators I spoke with were fine with me doing a "test" or full reset, but some weren't.
Looks like you're in a bit of a sticky situation then D:
Old 01-04-2012, 06:12 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Some big talk from PWA who have never ran a successful playerworld before.

I'm not really up to date with Era but considering all the USDing from the Vimes era (see dat pun folks>??) and complaints people have had, a reset doesn't sound too bad. The server does need a lot of work though, because to be honest there's nothing too special about the server. I have yet to see real businesses re-released and I recall a lot of development plans that have been long forgotten (car tuning, proper apartments?).

Again, not really up to date, but I trust that people like Sales know better than anyone else. folo his wurd!!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'ts just another HoudiniMan story, who destroyed Era just a while back, now it's just other PWAs preventing progress to happen