Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Typical iPhone Player: can i be admin?
Mentor: Uh no.. you have to try out and yadada..
Typical iPhone Player: oh..
Mentor: Anyway that's pretty much it, rate me 5 stars please. (Thinking to self.. **** yeah just a few more noobs and I can get that hat)
Typical iPhone Player: ok.
I think you mean:

Quote:
Typical iPhone Player: can i be admin?
Mentor: Uh no.. you have to try out and yadada..
Typical iPhone Player: *logs off*
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I figure a good mentor would be able to teach players the sorts of things they usually learn through other players anyway, such as using emoticons, mass messaging, toalls, private messages, etc.

I also think it'd be more likely that players who would typically be helpful would be more likely to use this system and it would just make it easier for helpful players to find new players who may need help.

Would also possibly help players get involved in the social aspects of Graal faster since it seems every server has a dozen or so cliques
Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I can only agree with the back end improvements, especially new development tools. Everything else seems like it could be abused.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Kevin Azite
as can virtually any system for player interaction on Graal since creating a trial account is easy. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried, though.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:29 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I figure a good mentor would be able to teach players the sorts of things they usually learn through other players anyway, such as using emoticons, mass messaging, toalls, private messages, etc.

I also think it'd be more likely that players who would typically be helpful would be more likely to use this system and it would just make it easier for helpful players to find new players who may need help.

Would also possibly help players get involved in the social aspects of Graal faster since it seems every server has a dozen or so cliques
The thing though is, a tutorial like this would be very easy to get together and would continue to work regardless if there were any mentors on, and it wouldn't depend on the mentor's ability to be helpful.

I wouldn't see a decent tutorial taking any longer than an afternoon or two of work to get put together and working solidly.

This really just comes down to UN being so behind that they're neglecting the people who play the server, the newbie experience, and spending all the time arguing about what they should do and just end up spinning their tires and getting **** all done while trying to keep their close friends on the server happy.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:32 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
as can virtually any system for player interaction on Graal since creating a trial account is easy. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried, though.
A system that depends on the players to work correctly is going to fail. There are more people who would use the system to their advantage than players who would actually use it as intended.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Kevin Azite
Moving on from development to PR related...

Un-ban everyone:

I seriously doubt there is a compelling reason for why anyone currently banned > 7 days was banned for so long. There maybe a few exceptions for a few hackers but I imagine nearly everyone else should be given another chance at redemption, especially with a change in GP Chiefs. It's not as if the current GPs/management (lol) are so laden with overwork that this would be a disaster if all of these players decided to act up.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Bert
snoop413 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Moving on from development to PR related...

Un-ban everyone:

I seriously doubt there is a compelling reason for why anyone currently banned > 7 days was banned for so long. There maybe a few exceptions for a few hackers but I imagine nearly everyone else should be given another chance at redemption, especially with a change in GP Chiefs. It's not as if the current GPs/management (lol) are so laden with overwork that this would be a disaster if all of these players decided to act up.
i agree. i still don't know why i'm banned and its been like six weeks.

EDIT.

my jailing history consists of

October 19 2008 8:18 PM EST
Cursing in masses. 1 hour -booj

January 25, 2009 9PM EST
Massed a picture of Jay-Z with it saying "u crazy, nigga" at the bottom.
Jailed 3 hours for racism.
-Sting2Dope

January 27, 2009 12:30AM EST
Being racist with the stealth NPC as seen in this video;
Going up to a player and trying to make him say "******"

February 3rd, 2009
Jailed for 5 hours, racism in masses.
~Streety
(all i said was black power)

and then got banned one time for giving out a photo of someone.

then shimmy put this in my comments
http://i.imgur.com/Kofi3.png

even though...
http://i.imgur.com/n9mn2.png

shimmy decides to ban me for 1,000 minutes from massing which took him like three days to take off. plus the last thing he made up since i was still mass banned when that happened -_-/i never stalked him. then i massed "i wonder if shimmy has ever..." (corrected mistake) and got 30 day banned which got changed to perma.

also

absolut_crono (Mon Sep 06 01:15:54 2010):
I cant really say your ban was directly related to that PM though.
(so why am i banned again?)

2010-09-19 15:52:10 on Unholy Nation by Tigairius:
local ban modify
Banned for: Multiple Jailings
Reason: Spoke with staff & vicious. We agreed 30 days is more reasonable based on harassment history. We cannot ban him for the Smoke thing because he never logged into Smoke's Graal account.
(it got changed back)

tl;dr - i got permabanned because shimmy don't like me.

Last edited by snoop413; 10-20-2010 at 11:19 AM..
Old 10-20-2010, 06:31 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
ya kevin ya

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Kevin Azite
Old 01-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
UN's management would have to borderline retarded to not be stealing the idea right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link
well I had a startling realization earlier today that to become a high ranking staff member on Unholy Nation, you need to be borderline retarded.

I mean, to become Dev Manager you have to do **** like flood every client around you with triggers every time a sword is slashed.
hm
Old 01-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
nice, stock photo
Old 01-15-2011, 03:04 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Zomg what happened. Who got murdered?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
The village elder is sick with pneumonia. Likely due the the snow.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:26 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
reported to iStockPhoto copyright violation department