Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Looks pretty impressive
Wondering for what you need requesturlfromgamefile(), is the lightmap generator running on a webserver?
Yeah. The original implementation used pure GS2, but I wasn't happy with performance and didn't want the NPCServer to suffer.

Unfortunately, the light only collides with tiles because of this; I couldn't trust appending 512x512 bytes of GET data to get a half-res collision map, so I simply did 4096 bytes; the tile map. If you could enable POST on Testbed, though, instantly solved!

With a release, I'd like to host a central, PHP-powered hub for lightmap generation. Might as well go the extra mile; V6 isn't seeing a release soon and I need the requestfilefromblahblahblah function before release..

Also, is there a way to add more GUIControl elements to the scripted RC? Having access to this simply by opening scripted RC and having a simple weapon script that a server manager could install as a sort of "plugin" would be awesome.

Last edited by 12171217; 02-04-2010 at 05:45 AM..
Old 02-04-2010, 05:59 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Actually a really good idea to use a webserver to generate things like this. You should also release the PHP code so people can put it on their own webserver so you don't have all that stress on whatever server you're using.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Actually a really good idea to use a webserver to generate things like this. You should also release the PHP code so people can put it on their own webserver so you don't have all that stress on whatever server you're using.
Of course. I'm pro-open source; for the most part.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:14 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Yeah. The original implementation used pure GS2, but I wasn't happy with performance and didn't want the NPCServer to suffer.
Did it work client-side?

Also the plugin thing: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=87384
Old 02-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Did it work client-side?
Of course, but the speed wasn't even comprable to what I ended up doing with the PHP server, and the client would be essentially immobilized until the rendering was done.

Might've been because I was using those panel display things; I could always try just writing the PNG information directly from an array, but then the max loop limit still comes into play, and I feel the PHP server is the most elegant solution.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:58 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Of course. I'm pro-open source; for the most part.
Good man
If you're still looking for some performance improvements, and you're familiar with Python, the Python Imaging Library should be much faster than GD (PIL is written in C). If not, I hear imagemagick is faster than GD.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Good man
If you're still looking for some performance improvements, and you're familiar with Python, the Python Imaging Library should be much faster than GD (PIL is written in C). If not, I hear imagemagick is faster than GD.
I'll port it to Python when I get ungrounded :< I'm on my phone.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
For increasing the loop limit there is obj.maxlooplimit, for using TSockets you need to contact me for enabling them on your server (need the host/ip and port range).
Old 02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
For increasing the loop limit there is obj.maxlooplimit, for using TSockets you need to contact me for enabling them on your server (need the host/ip and port range).
I never understood how to change the loop limit, never worked for me. Post an example, maybe?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Just set the variable in onCreated? this.maxlooplimit = 100000; or so, default is 10000
Old 02-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Makes me think of this:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-07-2010, 04:56 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Just set the variable in onCreated? this.maxlooplimit = 100000; or so, default is 10000
Yea, I tried that before. That didn't seem to work, still got the error.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Scriptess
calani is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to calani
Incredible. Props!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:06 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Yea, I tried that before. That didn't seem to work, still got the error.
It works for me, but sometimes you have to let it "update". If you set it, then run the script again (or add a sleep after setting it) it tends to work.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:30 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It works for me, but sometimes you have to let it "update". If you set it, then run the script again (or add a sleep after setting it) it tends to work.
Thanks for that hint, I'll give it a try later.