Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
You don't actually work at Linux CJ, though.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
No, but technically you're working for them, since your content becomes theirs. It just wouldn't classify as paid work. It would count as voluntary work.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
No, but technically you're working for them, since your content becomes theirs. It just wouldn't classify as paid work. It would count as voluntary work.
But if the person who is reading your resume decides to call up Linux CJ and ask if you worked there, you'd be screwed.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
But if the person who is reading your resume decides to call up Linux CJ and ask if you worked there, you'd be screwed.
"peer-directed project"
Old 06-25-2006, 05:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by calani
While I don't think working on graal could be seen as community service, it is most definitely worthy of being called experience in whatever form, be it management, programming, graphics, sounds, 'virtual world creation,' etc.
Making levels on babylon and not getting anything in return is pretty much service. I don't know about COMMUNITY service but it's still service.