Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Love you Atrius, I am your loyal supporter.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 09-20-2008, 01:26 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The gang system seems to be Utopia's.
The one that I started?
That's just uber-ROTFL-age.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Its fun for a good 30 mins, then gets old x.X
Old 09-20-2008, 03:16 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
The server is okay.

I really don't like the graphics at all. The tileset looks really weird and the trees are a giant mess. A lot of tiles resemble Era so it doesn't seem unique to me. The lights on the lightposts are on, but there seems to be no day/night system, so it doesn't look too good on the eye, and there are way too many light posts :P

I like the message system.
I like the bodies. It would be real hard to get used to, but it's different, and that's good.

The navigation system is really cool. I just want to put it out there though that I had Crow make one a long time ago without any knowledge of Atrius having one (and no, I'm not accusing you guys of stealing) what I'm trying to do is just give a heads up in case I decide to improve it and release it one day. This way you guys don't jump on us and accuse us of stealing.

congratulations
Old 09-20-2008, 04:24 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations. Hope this playerworld does good and get a new one on the ol' classic tab there.

Great server.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:51 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I look back at all the previous post's and wonder what it must have been like to experience what they did.

I spent a whole 10-15 minutes on the server and decided that I don't think it deserves the hosted tab. It looks to be the same exact server revived yet again, and had a tutorial slapped onto it. I didn't even get through the tutorial to be honest, I didn't have too! I got through mining after learning to hit just above the rock to manage to get through the stage, (which looked horrible, I think it was GK mine graphics dragged around, with some sort of grass around outside it that had been dragged as well.

After that, I was about to head onto more in the tutorial before seeing an event, and joined it, soon exiting the tutorial without notice into an event house with no one around. I looked in the 'Resident Evil' event room though, and joined the event with one other, and the ET. I managed to win, through a glitch that appeared not even to matter to the ET as he claimed me the winner over announcement and the prize appeared to be that I got to see his house? o_O (This never happened, and the glitch, btw, was that I took no damage whatsoever no matter how much the other guy attacked me, in fact I had no ammo and simply managed to slap him to death. )

After that, I was owned by some guy with, what I think through the awful graphics, appeared to be an m16, who screamed "DEAD!" afterwords. Later on I was followed by an admin on boots ( I think) and was being shot over and over with a jackhamer. Was killed, and then was followed to the hospital by the admin, whom then gave the crappy ET a jackhammer whom proceeded to play around with it. Afterwords, yet again, the admin proceeded to shoot me over and over (1 hit k/o) with a sniper inside of the hospital.

I had no fun. Same old atrius + same old unhosted staff behavior)
Old 09-20-2008, 06:09 AM
Thrashsoul3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Similar experience to Aeko, but I got stuck in mining level without a pick axe so I just unstick me'd. I walked around but almost every door but a building with a shrine of the staff members was locked.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yes, once the backstage problems are settled and things have a chance to become a little less confusing you should see a noticeable difference in our presence and quality control.
I take it things haven't settled down yet?

One level left of OSL seems to be grass, you can fix that by filling it in with the black tiles. The levels are awful even by modern standards, you need to drop the "stylish" floor tiling and aim for a more realistic apporach. The server doesn't appear to offer anything that Era already doesn't, you can fix this by offering stuff that Era doesn't. The main ideas of the server aren't even original. Mining? Incredibly original for a modern server I must admit. Gangs? Nice, ever so fresh to the world of modern servers. I can't really comment on anything past the mining as there are staff blocks (man the creativity of this server just blows my mind) blocking the exit, you should fix this by giving us a real exit/door.

The bodies are probably the only thing the server has going for it, which are actually not attractive to look at and date back to 2005 anyway. You can fix this by making them more attractive.

Gee Houdiniman, I hope this edit was ever so helpful.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Im not trying to be rude but i thought the playerworld had been checked over?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
I would love to see you guys compile a server, and then let me come aboard and critizise the shat out of it, pointing out tiny, little problems, witch can be fixed in a matter of seconds. Half of the problems you guys are experiencing are so easy to fix, but I havn't noticed them, due to the fact I am not a trial. I've never seen that grass over there. Personally I love my graphics =) But honestly, you don't know how hard it is to make a server, and actually keep it going for this long. So many systems, so many things you have to do and keep going.. its hard, and then for players to come on and point out some of the stupidest things, and then say "Wow that made hosted?" is really immature. Browse more then the tutorial, browse the entire world and you will see its entirety, and beauty, that i've been working on for nearly 4 years now =/

And as for your point of view on Atrius, Crono. Yea, we have some gangs. Want me to re-name them to Posse's? or Guilds? Every server has guilds.. As for the blocks, I can simply change that it was just a quick fix and I didnt have another image. Its rough when you dont have many staff that actually know what they are doing.. And the bodies, they appear to be "ugly" when your wearing your boxers and t-shirt.. thats the point for players to go out and get some clothing and change thier style. We have plenty of clothing to satisify any players personal needs. And as for the 'mining zomg this isnt original'. Every server has mining, if you dont want to mine for money, go fish, go pizza delivery, do our hitman missions, cut down trees, plant a farm, kill people, buy or sell. Just because its in the server doesnt mean there arnt other things to do, your pointing out 2-3 things that Era has, and I have too..?

Thanks for the constructive critizism, if you notice any glitches or anything of the sort, just let me know. It isn't to hard to open a level editor and fix a glitch or bug. Ecspecially something as small as grass tiles in the tutorial

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
I would love to see you guys compile a server, and then let me come aboard and critizise the shat out of it, pointing out tiny, little problems, witch can be fixed in a matter of seconds.
I'd be happy if anyone did that to anywhere I worked, because then I could fix them or have someone else do it. Why are you complaining about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames View Post
But honestly, you don't know how hard it is to make a server, and actually keep it going for this long. So many systems, so many things you have to do and keep going.. its hard, and then for players to come on and point out some of the stupidest things, and then say "Wow that made hosted?" is really immature.
Yes, because you're the only one who's been working on a server for a long time, we're all just ignorant fools. Right? Not all criticism is positive, but you should take in and value negative as well because then you'll know something needs to be done about it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Atrius Manager
I beleive I stated that, just not in your own understanding, of course critizism leads to me fixing things. Thats the point I suppose, but un-neccescary bashing is immature, and I dont find it helpful.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I'd like to see you fix all the error's that we've seen in a matter of seconds, then I'll give you all the pity and generous comments you seem to sound like you deserve.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:00 PM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
If you're shooting for Classic Status, why not use the good ol' classic bodies?
That picture that Crono posted makes your character look horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Half of my body was missing, and there is no redheaded girl heads. I'm sad.
I gotta go find my levels to work on again now.

I agree on both accounts, the look of the characters is ugly.

Classic look might suit better.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Atrius Manager
Pitty? On whos part? =/

Go get some new clothes, I betcha like the bodies. Your just not used to seeing them other then the small little graal character. Personally, I think the classic bodies are very ugly.

James,
Manager of Atrius