Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
What happened to Mallard?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
You do realize resigning and quit basically mean the same thing ... o.o?
Imo "resign" is a nicer way of saying "I quit"

But yeah, no developers are taking interest in Maloria which kinda sucks.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
What happened to Mallard?
Hes in hiding. It's duck season.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
Hes in hiding. It's duck season.
It's wabbit season

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 03-01-2011, 03:57 AM
Banned
Vinka has a spectacular aura aboutVinka has a spectacular aura about
All this potential being wasted, it seems... quite a shame.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Something shoud be done about this, give the server back to nate or someone who could actually get an active staff team working on playable content which is all maloria is really lacking. Sad to see something i've longed to play again go down the ****ter so quickly when it really didn't need to.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
I am the one who helped convince Ziro to start on Maloria again when we were doing Mythic Legends. I'm sad to see it just go out like this, so if Mallard isn't willing to be on as much or take the role, I will gladly do so. And will find a valuable enough team to help take it to where it needs to be. Or at least the rights to start somewhere. As of now, I can only do so much with my RC.

Last edited by Arch_Angel; 03-11-2011 at 03:39 PM..
Old 03-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
Something shoud be done about this, give the server back to nate or someone who could actually get an active staff team working on playable content which is all maloria is really lacking. Sad to see something i've longed to play again go down the ****ter so quickly when it really didn't need to.
I agree completely. So much potential and so many peoples hard work going to waste. As being the one that hired Ziro and eventually putting him as sole manager I feel somewhat responsible, given I've known him to randomly disappear for whatever reasons. After all of this I would gladly, given the opportunity take back over the development of Maloria, given I have a team of developers already at my disposal would be great to give Maloria some much needed content!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
If this isn't done we will have a new Delteria sitting at the bottom of the serverlist but with even less to do. There's no point in removing maloria as it is 100% playable as is and playable small content could be put out almost daily if it actually had 2 or 3 active staff members. As it stands it has 0 active staff members and is just taking up some unneeded hard drive space and bandwidth from the occasional trial that logs on.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:11 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
If this isn't done we will have a new Delteria sitting at the bottom of the serverlist but with even less to do. There's no point in removing maloria as it is 100% playable as is and playable small content could be put out almost daily if it actually had 2 or 3 active staff members. As it stands it has 0 active staff members and is just taking up some unneeded hard drive space and bandwidth from the occasional trial that logs on.
a classic style server is built up of people, the actual server itself is usually irrelevant. an rpg server like zodiac or maloria, however, needs to be self sustaining. there is little content on maloria, i dont even know why they went classic with how little they actually had.

guess the pwa dont have my taste in rpgs. : - (
Old 03-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Oh hai thar!

No, I'm not back. This is the first time I even check the forums since quitting, but I felt like I wanted to clear some things up.

To begin with, quitting like I did was nothing I had planned too at all. It's not one of my, as Nate put it, "random disappears" either. What happened is that several weeks before going Classic I was feeling very tired with the game itself. I wanted to push through it anyways to prove everyone wrong. I don't think there was more than a handful of people who thought we had what it took to actually do this much work and eventually go Classic.

When it comes to us going Classic, it was not because of us having a lot of content. It was because Tig saw potential, and he'd be a fool not too. Maloria still has a LOT of potential. I should know, I made more than 60% of the server on my own. Point is, Tig took a chance, and no one can second guess his decision.

But yeah, like I said, already being very tired with the game itself, it eventually reached a point where I would open Graal just to immediately close it down. I couldn't find further motivation. I was faced with the decision to sit there as Manager, doing nothing at all, or take a leap of faith and hope someone else would do better. Turns out Mallard was just as bored as I was though, but can anyone blame us after having developed the majority of a server with only two people? We got burnt out.

Anyways, I don't know how the situation with Maloria is today, but before I left I told Tig that I'd be available for minor scripting help whenever need be, considering no one knows the systems better than I. I really don't see myself returning to actively developing though, Graal is over for me.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned
You still have rc, should hop on and finish up a few things!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Oh hai thar!

No, I'm not back. This is the first time I even check the forums since quitting, but I felt like I wanted to clear some things up.

To begin with, quitting like I did was nothing I had planned too at all. It's not one of my, as Nate put it, "random disappears" either. What happened is that several weeks before going Classic I was feeling very tired with the game itself. I wanted to push through it anyways to prove everyone wrong. I don't think there was more than a handful of people who thought we had what it took to actually do this much work and eventually go Classic.

When it comes to us going Classic, it was not because of us having a lot of content. It was because Tig saw potential, and he'd be a fool not too. Maloria still has a LOT of potential. I should know, I made more than 60% of the server on my own. Point is, Tig took a chance, and no one can second guess his decision.

But yeah, like I said, already being very tired with the game itself, it eventually reached a point where I would open Graal just to immediately close it down. I couldn't find further motivation. I was faced with the decision to sit there as Manager, doing nothing at all, or take a leap of faith and hope someone else would do better. Turns out Mallard was just as bored as I was though, but can anyone blame us after having developed the majority of a server with only two people? We got burnt out.

Anyways, I don't know how the situation with Maloria is today, but before I left I told Tig that I'd be available for minor scripting help whenever need be, considering no one knows the systems better than I. I really don't see myself returning to actively developing though, Graal is over for me.
ya we understand i been done that road too well actually with aeon I'am. Well im sure u will come back and check up but thanks for getting maloria up only thing i hate is those trees they look really bad
Old 03-31-2011, 12:53 AM
littlekinky has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Maloria FTW!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Clearly.