FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 08:37 AM
mistral_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I think it really has been too long.

I'm certain there is a current staff member on Classic who could do a vastly better job as manager.

If we didn't have to pay to play this server, I might see things a bit differently, but when the majority of the players want a change, I don't see the point in not giving it to them unless it's an impossibility.

It's amazing how many people that doesnt even know what a manager does and thereby have false reasons for a new manager.

Some people just dont like Storm as a person, and fine, dont, but please have a argument for a change of manager. Most arguments are stories that became true, that he does nothing and can't help.

Maybe people are desperate, but please no change in manager at any time would change the lack of people playing. Classic is classic, we're not supposed to add stuff that change that fact just to make it a little more attractive.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:28 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral_007 View Post
It's amazing how many people that doesnt even know what a manager does and thereby have false reasons for a new manager.

Some people just dont like Storm as a person, and fine, dont, but please have a argument for a change of manager. Most arguments are stories that became true, that he does nothing and can't help.

Maybe people are desperate, but please no change in manager at any time would change the lack of people playing. Classic is classic, we're not supposed to add stuff that change that fact just to make it a little more attractive.
I don't think it is that anyone dislikes storm as a person.
He is a smart and nice person to talk to.

It really isn't about desperation, we're used to being this low. I think most of the players are asking him to be removed as he is a core player in the stagnation of classic, and really hasn't been doing his job until recently when his position may be in jeopardy, and that the players would finally like to drop the feeling of being stagnant as a server.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
I don't think it is that anyone dislikes storm as a person.
He is a smart and nice person to talk to.

It really isn't about desperation, we're used to being this low. I think most of the players are asking him to be removed as he is a core player in the stagnation of classic, and really hasn't been doing his job until recently when his position may be in jeopardy, and that the players would finally like to drop the feeling of being stagnant as a server.

Well i heard so many people saying bad things about his person, so thats not really true.

Back to the fact that you got no argument, or a better person for the job.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Ummm zack...we have an argument, did you not read everything being said on these forums? Sure storm could be a good person, but hes a bad manager, he cannot manage his staff admins, thats just one argument.

Main argument in my opinion , is pretty simple, 5 years have passed, maybe 4, i dont know how long its been, but either way, classic is the same, and no new content has really come out. Little things that are not impressive or likable here and there, but ya, basically nothing.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
would u wanna stay at the same level in 5 years when you have a job? personally i would wanna grow to a higher level.
Seems storm doesn't look at it this way.
I think stefan hired him to kill classic forever.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
I still find it ironic that people used to bash storm for not being active; yet they bash him now for being active. It's a no-win situation with these people.

Sure, it seems a bit convenient that he started appearing more when his job was finally in question by authorities, but stop bashing the dude for actually doing his job now. Help him help you.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow87 View Post
Ummm zack...we have an argument, did you not read everything being said on these forums? Sure storm could be a good person, but hes a bad manager, he cannot manage his staff admins, thats just one argument.

Main argument in my opinion , is pretty simple, 5 years have passed, maybe 4, i dont know how long its been, but either way, classic is the same, and no new content has really come out. Little things that are not impressive or likable here and there, but ya, basically nothing.
that's not a well underbuilt argument, just something you think. What if peopel say the opposite? The argument can fall pretty quickly and goes back to stuff you heard from random graalians, probably many rumors. If that's the argument, we never had a good manager, leader, whatever.

Classic is for the most part supposed to be the same. Some new GC-events, prices and items and so on is fine. Your argument also falls when you can't prove that's his fault. He can't think of everything, or do everything himself. There has to be willing people that do work, have ideas that's not from the moon and so on. Not only complaining carrots needing to blame someone all the time and do no work.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Gladius
As others, such as DC, have said, it isn't all stormos fault. Far from it.

But as a manager, you're supposed to check in weekly/every two weeks/at least monthly to see how your staff teams are doing. And when for four years the dev team, specifically, didn't do much to improve the server...you sort of need to ask the manager why he didn't give em a hand or at least a boot in the rear.

Classic has far worse problems than our manager. But certainly the manager has some responsibility over the past for years, especially when he didn't do what managers are supposed to do: manage.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Why are we debating this still if storm is actually doing his job now. Wanted to do caps lock

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-24-2009, 11:19 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Why are we debating this still if storm is actually doing his job now. Wanted to do caps lock
hes doing his job now till everything goes quiet again, then he leaves for 5 more years, and we're back at the same point.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Gladius
Hopefully most of us will have moved on before those 5 years pass. Hopefully.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
hes doing his job now till everything goes quiet again, then he leaves for 5 more years, and we're back at the same point.
Then we know he will probably be fired if he goes back inactive like he was before.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-25-2009, 12:29 PM
٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶
Kill is on a distinguished road
@ Above post:
Keyword: probably.

He won't be fired, give it a rest.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Thanks to all of you who have been patient with this process, it hasn't been an easy decision. After reviewing all the forums and having private discussions with many of you. The decision has been made to appoint Thor and Storm as managers of Classic. Both will have equal responsibility and authority over the server. This will give the server a more visible presence of management to handle all its needs.

We feel that Storm has the ability to still contribute to Classic's improvement if allowed by the players to focus on getting the job done. We feel Thor deserves this opportunity to guarantee full implementation of the work he's been working to achieve. Both have a similar vision to improve the server as well as maintain its Classic feel. Our hope is that the two of them will continue to work closely together to achieve their mutual goal.

Stryker, Ranger and Night are all highly qualified admins that also have the ability to support and improve conditions on the server. I personally would like to thank them for doing their best to hang in there under some very adverse conditions. Its my understanding that once cards are finished and released, DC, who has been Classic's cheerleader and voice of the people will be moving from the GC side to the dev side full time. I'm sure this will also help improve both short term and long term goals.

Case Closed *bangs gavel*

The Playerworld Administration Team
Old 03-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
I object...Oh wait too late.

DarkCloud is mine.

Last edited by TESTRETIS; 03-25-2009 at 11:24 PM..
Closed Thread